Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842853 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1980 on: June 07, 2015, 08:29:03 AM »
*Whispers* Do you think we could have a... dark mage ?

Welp, it's been a while since the last one so I'm saying why not! :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1981 on: June 07, 2015, 08:33:32 AM »
Can I still do my SSSSona's reaction to Blorptroll?

Things just went downhill from there.
ahahhaah yES YOU CAN this is fantastic. gotta love blorptroll reactions

also wow this thread grew several pages since I went to bed, and there is sO MUCH AMAZING STUFF and I do not have the capacity to comment on it all individually, so have a blanket squeal/Nod of Respect/thumbs up/tuuri sparkles/reaction of choice, everyone
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1982 on: June 07, 2015, 09:25:42 AM »
Hi everyone !
I have an idea since I saw how many of us like creating their self-insert. Moreover, some of you start to make them move or interact, so all become more interesting (Yes, it's possible !) Since I had discover this thread, I have only one regret : so many characters, but... nothing more. I mean, for me, it's like saying "Hey, let's do something cool and funny !" and gather together, all in a few same places, but doing nothing more whereas our ssssona's have a HUGE potential !
I promised a short story to Gwenno in exchange of her wonderful drawing of Von, my character, and I think it could be a beginning for a bigger collaborative project. Let's make our characters live ! Let's see how they could work in a team ! Let's put them into troubles ! (Hello, Curry, we spoke a little about that before. Hello Haiz too, I'm still thinking to make our ssssona's meet.)
So... what do you think about this idea ? Would you take part in, or am I too enthusiastic in my corner ? ^^
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:09:30 AM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1983 on: June 07, 2015, 09:32:54 AM »
Mélusine: this sounds like a brilliant plan. I'm totally in if trolls are allowed!

(I've said this before but it was so far back in the thread that it's probably best to say it again: the accordion troll is free game for everyone. You can mistreat it any way you like, my only wish is that you don't outright kill it because I've grown sort of fond of it... although I'll be a good sport if it has to die. It is a troll after all.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1984 on: June 07, 2015, 09:46:52 AM »
Hi everyone !
I have an idea since I saw how many of us like creating their self-insert. Moreover, some of you start to make them move or interact, so all become more interesting (Yes, it's possible !) Since I had discover this thread, I have only one regret : so many characters, but... nothing more. I mean, for me, it's like saying "Hey, let's do something cool and funny !" and gather together, all in a few same places, but doing nothing more whereas our ssssona's have a HUGE potential !
I promised a short story to Gwenno in exchange of her wonderful drawing of Von, my character, and I think it could be a beginning for a bigger collaborative project. Let's make our characters live ! Let's see how they could work in a team ! Let's put them into troubles ! (Hello, Curry, we spoke a little about that before. Hello Haiz too, I'm still thinking to make our ssssona's meet.)
So... what do you think about this idea ? Would you take part in, of am I too enthusiastic in my corner ? ^^

This looks great! Working in team is the best thing ever! unless is with my school Friends(?)
And maybe with troubles is more fun even! i mean, everyone collaborating with everyone in a fight. Doesn't that sounds cool too?
Edit: Anyways, I forget to say this but I'm in :3 PM for any information of my 'sona!  :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:45:18 AM by RealRedCloudYT »
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1985 on: June 07, 2015, 10:04:56 AM »
Mélusine, that sounds like a good plan!! PM me if you need whatevermore details for a meet. I'm always up for collaborations and getting involved in stuff!

I think there's Vafhudr's rpg that is being made for the purpose of using our inserts in some story, but I'm still unsure on whether or not I'll manage to participate in that, so.... I'm all for making stories and stuff :3c
you'll know where to find me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1986 on: June 07, 2015, 10:31:33 AM »
Hi everyone !
So... what do you think about this idea ? Would you take part in, or am I too enthusiastic in my corner ? ^^

I'm in! But for stories, b/c my writing is way way better than my art.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1987 on: June 07, 2015, 10:33:20 AM »
Mélusine: this sounds like a brilliant plan. I'm totally in if trolls are allowed!

(I've said this before but it was so far back in the thread that it's probably best to say it again: the accordion troll is free game for everyone. You can mistreat it any way you like, my only wish is that you don't outright kill it because I've grown sort of fond of it... although I'll be a good sport if it has to die. It is a troll after all.)

The demon cats have been told they are not allowed to eat the accordian troll.

Also Mélusine, the story is a great idea, I'm game! (If you need info about my character for something, PM me and I'll see what stuff I can give you from her file... ;) )
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1988 on: June 07, 2015, 10:50:45 AM »
Hi everyone !

Awwww YES!! I am so in! :D I agree with the gathering together thing and I also want to do more with our SSSSonas showing up and interacting :o I know I have a comic about Karri discovering mageness and hair powers that I'll do eventually and Haiz (and possibly Laufey) will be there, but comics are difficult and effortful. Hmmm...
YEET

Mélusine

« Reply #1989 on: June 07, 2015, 11:01:46 AM »
I'm glad to see the idea seems interesting for you too :)
I'll finish the short novel for and introducing Gwenno and will translate it first, then we'll see in which direction all could go. I have nothing absolutely decided for this moment, because some of you could want to do something/have a better idea, so the situation may be quite open at the beginning.
It might need a new thread...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1990 on: June 07, 2015, 11:22:58 AM »
Mélusine: I'd just like to add that I'm up for that too! :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1991 on: June 07, 2015, 11:25:02 AM »
Hi everyone !

I like this idea a lot.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1992 on: June 07, 2015, 12:26:12 PM »
Melusine, I'm in! Sounds like fun!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1993 on: June 07, 2015, 12:27:53 PM »
Okay, so I haven't even finished my profile for this yet (coming sooon~) and I need to find someone who can actually draw to draw the picture, but Melusine, your story-thing sounds great.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1994 on: June 07, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »
I can do a picture for you , Para, unless you have someone else lined up.
You can PM me outfit/appearance details, and I'll whip something up.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: