Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841152 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1725 on: May 30, 2015, 06:25:06 PM »
But oh jeeze
BlorpAlarm
I'd end up throwing it out a window xD

BlorpAlarm sounds like something that's not actually an alarm but something you toss in your flatmate's room when their alarm clock has successfully woken up absolutely everyone else but them. I once had a flatmate like that and I would have probably considered giving a kidney for a blorptroll...

Do we need to hear this story? ;)

I think we do need to hear this story.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1726 on: May 30, 2015, 06:26:23 PM »
Omg so much science @ A@

Edit: hey, so looking at everyone's gorgeous dream-mage-self-things kinda really makes me want to come up with something for my dream-world/dream-outfit...should I? I mean, I know my SSSS-sona is a Scout, but I have mentioned that she has just a bit of mage-y-ness (still not enough to be counted as an actual Mage, but perhaps enough to slip into the dream-world sometimes? Perhaps more if she'd had training? but still not enough to do more than detect stuff, no actual magic usage--just wanna make that clear) so, yeah...should I try to design something? It might not be as pretty as everyone else's, but the idea seems pretty fun...and awesome...and stuff...yeah, babbling, gonna stop now sorry

GO GO
IMPRACTICAL MAGE OUTFIT GO

(I could consider that it might be practical. Nah.)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1727 on: May 30, 2015, 06:33:47 PM »
GO GO
IMPRACTICAL MAGE OUTFIT GO

(I could consider that it might be practical. Nah.)

Omg with my luck I'll end up with at LEAST three different designs, and I'll end up having to ask for a vote to help me decide on one xD

BlorpAlarm sounds like something that's not actually an alarm but something you toss in your flatmate's room when their alarm clock has successfully woken up absolutely everyone else but them. I once had a flatmate like that and I would have probably considered giving a kidney for a blorptroll...

That...yes. This is the new official purpose of the BlorpAlarm

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1728 on: May 30, 2015, 07:25:34 PM »
hey, so looking at everyone's gorgeous dream-mage-self-things kinda really makes me want to come up with something for my dream-world/dream-outfit...should I? I mean, I know my SSSS-sona is a Scout, but I have mentioned that she has just a bit of mage-y-ness (still not enough to be counted as an actual Mage, but perhaps enough to slip into the dream-world sometimes? Perhaps more if she'd had training? but still not enough to do more than detect stuff, no actual magic usage--just wanna make that clear) so, yeah...should I try to design something? It might not be as pretty as everyone else's, but the idea seems pretty fun...and awesome...and stuff...yeah, babbling, gonna stop now sorry
oooh, yeah, I need to make one for Sonja too!
Yes, you should.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1729 on: May 30, 2015, 09:38:50 PM »
Omg with my luck I'll end up with at LEAST three different designs, and I'll end up having to ask for a vote to help me decide on one xD

Ooooh yes do it!! And Karri actually has about the same level of mage-ness. They used to be more magey as a kid, but gradually lost it as they got older until they can only access the dreamworld when there is a ton of mage activity around them, something that doesn't really happen in atheist Sweden where they work. So!! Whatever everybody ends up doing on the trip would probably be the first time they dreamworlded in a veeeery long time, ahah
YEET

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1730 on: May 30, 2015, 09:59:48 PM »
Ooooh yes do it!! And Karri actually has about the same level of mage-ness. They used to be more magey as a kid, but gradually lost it as they got older until they can only access the dreamworld when there is a ton of mage activity around them, something that doesn't really happen in atheist Sweden where they work. So!! Whatever everybody ends up doing on the trip would probably be the first time they dreamworlded in a veeeery long time, ahah

Hey! I see Alexis's magic how a lot of people  see Reynir's- powerful but untrained.Maybe she could trigger Karri's mage powers or something. Ignoring the fact that this is pretty Mary-Sueish I JUST REALLY WANT MY SI TO interact with your SI ok.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1731 on: May 30, 2015, 10:20:20 PM »

Lol I can see my SI having a dream-gap too, though her's would likely be more from a bad experience as a child that caused some mild insomniac-ish tendencies that cut down on a lot of her dreaming :p

Hey! I see Alexis's magic how a lot of people  see Reynir's- powerful but untrained.Maybe she could trigger Karri's mage powers or something. Ignoring the fact that this is pretty Mary-Sueish I JUST REALLY WANT MY SI TO interact with your SI ok.
shhhh //patpat// shhhhhhhhhhhhhh s'okay //pats face//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1732 on: May 31, 2015, 12:11:25 AM »
I also want to do a mage outfit - why did I make myself into a skald?? (ノಠДಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1733 on: May 31, 2015, 12:17:06 AM »
I also want to do a mage outfit - why did I make myself into a skald?? (ノಠДಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Me toooo, but I'm a cleanser and the Swedes don't even believe in magic! >.<
Is it a thing to have AUs for your own characters

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1734 on: May 31, 2015, 12:20:56 AM »
Me toooo, but I'm a cleanser and the Swedes don't even believe in magic! >.<
Is it a thing to have AUs for your own characters
I'm Swedish as well, so >_< Has it been confirmed that only those who believe in magic can be mages?

Let's form a wannabe-mages team xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1735 on: May 31, 2015, 12:30:24 AM »
I'm Swedish as well, so >_< Has it been confirmed that only those who believe in magic can be mages?

Let's form a wannabe-mages team xD

Yes, let's! And it kind of makes sense for my character if she's an Icelando-phile... I'M GONNA DRAW IT.
(And I dunno about the mage thing... Heck, do we even know Reynir believes in magic?)

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1736 on: May 31, 2015, 12:59:37 AM »
BIRBS GO FLOOF FLOOF

(and also some more post-it note doodles of my gal)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:01:16 AM by Almond-Goddess »
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1737 on: May 31, 2015, 01:04:49 AM »
BIRBS GO FLOOF FLOOF

BIRB! That birb is impossibly cute in that lower right drawing >v<

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1738 on: May 31, 2015, 01:19:21 AM »
Lokit that smart birb! Whosa smarp birb?

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #1739 on: May 31, 2015, 03:34:18 AM »
Do we need to hear this story? ;)
I think we do need to hear this story.
Haha, silly timezones and sleeping though another page of stuff :P Chances are that you've all come up with a waaaay more interesting version of events in that time than actually happened. Long story short it was during Aikido practice and I was training with a beginner - Me: "hey, that space over there is empty try to flip me in that direction when you do the technique" -Gwenno is flipped-, unfortunately one of the other groups had exactly the same idea about empty space a few milliseconds later and the astrophysicist is thrown on top of me (the guy is of a Mikkel-esque build and a good foot and a bit taller than me so - ouch!)

BlorpAlarm sounds like the kind of thing you'd have in the military for initiations and trolling superior officers. Duct tape its mouth (which should keep it quiet for a few minutes hopefully) and quietly deposit it in the sleeping unfortunate's room :P I can almost seeing it becoming the unofficial mascot of a cleansing team actually……

Almond-Goddess - That is the loveliest floofiest bird ever! It feels like you're conveying personality as well and it is most awesome :D
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc