Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843100 times)

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1650 on: May 27, 2015, 08:59:01 PM »
i have been offline so much lately. ugh

and i still don't have the story i'm working on for Piney ;-; on that note tho, anyone wanna be on a cleansing mission with a few extra scouts for look outs? it might be nice to have other folks characters in there. :)
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #1651 on: May 27, 2015, 09:17:59 PM »
i have been offline so much lately. ugh

and i still don't have the story i'm working on for Piney ;-; on that note tho, anyone wanna be on a cleansing mission with a few extra scouts for look outs? it might be nice to have other folks characters in there. :)

I'm a scouty-scout! I'd b game. (I'm the quiet one)
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1652 on: May 27, 2015, 09:35:50 PM »
I just have to get in mind what the retcon means, so here is Alexis family tree.( geez to geez, her family just got a lot more complicated)

(Voodoo Aligned) Great-Grandmother❦ Great-Grandfather

(Voodoo and Finnish aligned) Grandmother ❦ Grandfather

Aunt - Dad - Uncle - Uncle - Aunt - Aunt - Aunt
 ↓
Dad❦Mom
 ↓
(Icelandic Aligned)Twin Sister
(Icelandic aligned)Twin Sister
- Brother -
( Finnish Aligned) Alexis

Her great-grandmother  was in Sweden as a tourist at first, then the rash hit. By the time she has a child, the gods have already taken notice, and my grandmothers magic is a bit wonked up. My grandmother has a lot of kids, and none of them have magic. (Maybe their kids do, not touching on that). My twin sisters are born, and instead of seeing spirits, they see the future(possibly why they left? iDK. ) My brother is born- no magic. Alexis is born- she sees spirits.

About the aligned thing, the magic started wonking up. People in Sweden who had "magic genes" , a.k.a Alexis family, lost the  attention from the source of their magic when the shrine to ancestors was lost in the Outbreak of 37(long story, look at page 123). But the "magic genes" were still there, just standing around and being junk. So another two generations later, magic starts reappearing (not sure what is so interesting about my sisters that the gods took notice, but here we are).

This is kinda an-off-the-wall theory, but I wanted Alexis to still have a connection to her heritage. And now she is an untrained mage. She has the idea of what magic is about from some of her grandmother's journals from after the outbreak, but her grandmother really got that many encounters with mages, and some of those mages didn't know much either, so she is completely untrained. (if her magic does show itself, her it tires her out alot, and it pretty much always ends in (metaphorical) blood, because runos are a far better way to focus your magic, and because she is taking energy from herself.

Welp, this ended up way longer then expected.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1653 on: May 28, 2015, 08:43:07 AM »
Thanks for commenting on the pose; had to draw it like 1,000 times to get a workable drawing. :P
I know the feeling! It looks super hard to get right =P

success! hope you like it, Haiz! I had a little trouble with one of the sleeves, but other than that, I really like how it came out~
= w=

and here's what I have done for Curry's...I think I might scrap it, though, and start fresh. Dx

Spoiler: show

I really like how dynamic the poses are! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1654 on: May 28, 2015, 08:47:14 AM »

I really like how dynamic the poses are! :D

Thanks! :D
I love dynamic poses almost as much as I love sitting/crouching ones lol xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1655 on: May 28, 2015, 12:22:53 PM »
RIGHTO art trade with dear darling koalalou, trying to repay for the cool pose with a similarly dynamic one

Jabberwocky, I don't think we're in Canada anymore
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #1656 on: May 28, 2015, 01:44:47 PM »
There's too much new and amazing stuff on this thread to comment on everything, so congratulations to everyone!! You're all so very creative!

Here's my part in the art trade with koalalou. I hope I got your uniform right!  ;D

And no, I don't know how to draw rifles, or guns in general. But I think the result is not so bad?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:46:32 PM by Daéa Reina »
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1657 on: May 28, 2015, 04:17:28 PM »
RIGHTO art trade with dear darling koalalou, trying to repay for the cool pose with a similarly dynamic one

Jabberwocky, I don't think we're in Canada anymore

OMG I love it! //hugs//
The pose is awesome! And my hair is so fwoosh--and don't even get me started on the Jabberwocky at the bottom--that expression xD

There's too much new and amazing stuff on this thread to comment on everything, so congratulations to everyone!! You're all so very creative!

Here's my part in the art trade with koalalou. I hope I got your uniform right!  ;D

And no, I don't know how to draw rifles, or guns in general. But I think the result is not so bad?

Asdfghasdfs you make me look so confident and cool~
And you totally got it right! You even got the zipped-up-collar part that I always seem to end up drawing (you made it look better that I did too)
And the unamused look on Jabbers's face--perfect!
Omg I know what you mean about guns. Their right up there with drawing flamethrowers for me--but yours looks pretty impressive :)

Thank you both so much! I'm gonna add these to the folder I have in my new flashdrive along with Curry's--I wanna make sure I save every bit of art depicting my insert--an somehow typing that out made me feel like a dragon hoarding treasure
Now I'm babbling because I'm so happy with everyone's trades so I'm gonna stop and try to finish the one for Curry

Thanks again, you three! TT wTT

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #1658 on: May 28, 2015, 05:46:14 PM »

Drew this before my tabket broke (probably f***d up the colors but whatever.)
I was planing to draw them all in digital but ye...
luck. =-=
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:21:04 PM by frenci »
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1659 on: May 28, 2015, 05:55:05 PM »

Aww, look, it's a baby blartypus. It looks cuddly.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1660 on: May 28, 2015, 06:02:52 PM »

H-how did you draw it so cute? How's that even possible?  :-*? I randomly want to hug my own trollsona despite originally designing it as un-huggable as possible!

(...baby blartypus...)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1661 on: May 28, 2015, 06:13:45 PM »

Eee, thanks for drawing me! (and for drawing me so adorably)
You've also managed to make blart-troll very cute; that's an accomplishment :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1662 on: May 28, 2015, 06:47:28 PM »
Thank you both so much! I'm gonna add these to the folder I have in my new flashdrive along with Curry's--I wanna make sure I save every bit of art depicting my insert--an somehow typing that out made me feel like a dragon hoarding treasure
Now I'm babbling because I'm so happy with everyone's trades so I'm gonna stop and try to finish the one for Curry

Thanks again, you three! TT wTT
Ahhh I do the same thing! :D I've got a folder full of them, actually, so maybe we're both dragons? • w •

luck. =-=
Ahhh I look so adorable!!! Thank you so much!! :D Do I owe you a draw for this or was this for a draw of you I've done before? ....I maybe might have a goldfish memory, oops
YEET

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #1663 on: May 28, 2015, 06:59:44 PM »
Ahhh I do the same thing! :D I've got a folder full of them, actually, so maybe we're both dragons? • w •
Ahhh I look so adorable!!! Thank you so much!! :D Do I owe you a draw for this or was this for a draw of you I've done before? ....I maybe might have a goldfish memory, oops
I drew only people's sonas of people who drew mine. is ok. I wouldn't have remmember eather if i wouldn't have chek before :P
so you own me nothing ;)

Eee, thanks for drawing me! (and for drawing me so adorably)
You've also managed to make blart-troll very cute; that's an accomplishment :D
I wanted to draw the people who drew my sona, but i probably just end up drawing the ones i remmember °H° (Not even sure i wanna chek(?) anymore)

Aww, look, it's a baby blartypus. It looks cuddly.
XD I guess it does? lol

H-how did you draw it so cute? How's that even possible?  :-*? I randomly want to hug my own trollsona despite originally designing it as un-huggable as possible!

(...baby blartypus...)
XD U welcome? XD

lol
good to know the weird attempt to draw Laufey's trolsona in chibi style has been apreciated XD
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1664 on: May 28, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »

luck. =-=
*points, babbles incoherently* 'S me! I like the zen-master pose there... ;)
Also, Laufeytroll is the cutest thing since bleptroll! And Curry's expression! And Piney! And Oh Deer! *face-squish*
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: