Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843076 times)

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1620 on: May 25, 2015, 07:51:36 PM »
I know. I'm the crown prince of self-deprecation, after all!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1621 on: May 25, 2015, 07:54:52 PM »
Much as I would love to do this..
I can't draw. At all.
Here, this helps to illustrate (ayyy, puns) why I should never be an artist: http://snag.gy/fnAyb.jpg
(Okay, so maybe I drew that on a laptop touchpad in about 3 seconds, in Paint, but still. My hand-drawn pictures are worse.)
I can't draw either.  But play your cards right, and you can get someone else to draw you!   :D

EDIT:  Warning, results may vary.  Do not let "seiđkids" style your hair if they are not also licensed beauticians. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:00:17 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1622 on: May 25, 2015, 07:57:48 PM »
I can't draw either.  But play your cards right, and you can get someone else to draw you!   :D
This is an idea I can get behind. :')

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1623 on: May 25, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »
Much as I would love to do this..
I can't draw. At all.
Here, this helps to illustrate (ayyy, puns) why I should never be an artist: http://snag.gy/fnAyb.jpg
(Okay, so maybe I drew that on a laptop touchpad in about 3 seconds, in Paint, but still. My hand-drawn pictures are worse.)

But its not like you can't improve or anything! I think my art sucks sometimes, but when you compare
this
to

this, it really puts things into perspective for me.(and yes, that is the same character) 
So keep trying! Flounder around feeling useless! Cry a little! Stop comparing yourself to people who have been drawing consistently for a while. We all had stick figure stages.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1624 on: May 25, 2015, 08:13:33 PM »
We all had stick figure stages.
Much as I love art, I'll resign myself to never being good at it. Not enough co-ordination. Again, thanks for the kind words, but I'll just do what Sunflower recommends and persuade someone else to draw a load of stuff for me. Easier that way too.
(And again, I'm just being all self-deprecating because it's what I do- not fishing for compliments/reassurance here.)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1625 on: May 25, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »
ParanormalAndroid - (I saw you spoke Welsh and just had to sorry. It's pretty exciting for me whenever another speaker pops up (as some people may have noticed - sorry guys)) Basically just saying that pictures start off rubbish but if you try that do get better, and if boyo is willing to wait until after I'm done with Curry's trade, and sketch a bit to give me an idea of what to do I'll draw something.

paid a bod mor galed ar dy ddoniau dy hun del! Roedden ni i gyd yn gwneud llyniau felly ar un adeg, ond gwnei di byth wella os nad wyt eisiau gwneud ac os and wyt yn trio dy orau pan rwyt yn ymarfer. Os hoffet, mi wnai dynnu llun o dy ssssona di ar dy gyfer os wyt yn fodlon aros ychydig back (dwi ynghannol cyfnewid celf hefo Curry yr eiliad hon), fel ffafr i siaradwr arall :) Rho fymryn bach o ymdrech at olwg a chymeriadu i rhoi syniad i mi beth i sgetsio a fe wnai weld be gallai wneud!

KicknRun - That's quite the development and I'm glad that you can see the improvement as well. Some artists are so self critical it gets in the way of fun and getting better, and everyone who draws from the heart is an artist! I hope you continue drawing and getting better because your stuff really has been improving and I know it will improve some more!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1626 on: May 25, 2015, 08:50:59 PM »
ParanormalAndroid - (I saw you spoke Welsh and just had to sorry. It's pretty exciting for me whenever another speaker pops up (as some people may have noticed - sorry guys)) Basically just saying that pictures start off rubbish but if you try that do get better, and if boyo is willing to wait until after I'm done with Curry's trade, and sketch a bit to give me an idea of what to do I'll draw something.

paid a bod mor galed ar dy ddoniau dy hun del! Roedden ni i gyd yn gwneud llyniau felly ar un adeg, ond gwnei di byth wella os nad wyt eisiau gwneud ac os and wyt yn trio dy orau pan rwyt yn ymarfer. Os hoffet, mi wnai dynnu llun o dy ssssona di ar dy gyfer os wyt yn fodlon aros ychydig back (dwi ynghannol cyfnewid celf hefo Curry yr eiliad hon), fel ffafr i siaradwr arall :) Rho fymryn bach o ymdrech at olwg a chymeriadu i rhoi syniad i mi beth i sgetsio a fe wnai weld be gallai wneud!
Gah! Another Welsh speaker!
Shwmae, Gwenno! Os dw i'n siarad Gymraeg, rwyf wedi colli'r arfer a dwyf i ddim o'r bron hyderus nawr.. Mae'n eto wych i siarad Gymraeg gyda chi. :3
Hoffet ti siarad fwy gyda fi? Mae'n wastad diddorol i siarad yng Nghmraeg, ond fy ffrindiau ddim yn siarad byth achos mae'n nhw'n ddim yn hoffi hynny, a dweud a gwir- mae'n eithaf trist. .-.
Beth bynnag, hwyl fawr am y tro?

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #1627 on: May 26, 2015, 05:56:26 PM »
This is really late, but thank you to everyone who has drawn my sona!! ;v; I really really do appreciate it. And you all have uploaded some great things! So many pages to go through ahhhhhhhgggg. This is what I get for not keeping up.

Well, I finally have something new!

Some info:
- freelance translator in free time
- wishes she was secretly a mage
- likes to sleep a lot
- has a grade B cat
- spirit animal is the cinnamon bear (it's a brown variety of a black bear- same species)
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1628 on: May 26, 2015, 06:13:06 PM »
This is really late, but thank you to everyone who has drawn my sona!! ;v; I really really do appreciate it. And you all have uploaded some great things! So many pages to go through ahhhhhhhgggg. This is what I get for not keeping up.

Well, I finally have something new!

Some info:
- freelance translator in free time
- wishes she was secretly a mage
- likes to sleep a lot
- has a grade B cat
- spirit animal is the cinnamon bear (it's a brown variety of a black bear- same species)

Awww that's adorable! Your slide on the infodump has been updated with this adorable picture and the new information! Sleeping is my jam too 8)
YEET

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #1629 on: May 26, 2015, 06:53:34 PM »
Awww that's adorable! Your slide on the infodump has been updated with this adorable picture and the new information! Sleeping is my jam too 8)

Thanks! <3
Sleeping is the best :P
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1630 on: May 26, 2015, 10:28:30 PM »
oh gosh I miss this thread a lot, too........ I will make a proper return to it soon enough >:]

Piney: It makes me really happy you liked it so much ^___________________^

and everyone who commented on it, thank you lots and lots, I'm really happy with how it turned out!! I tried to go for, idk, the moment you realize you may have done a wrong choice, but you can't turn back and you won't turn back and you feel pretty lost and scared but also determined to see things through? But being haunted by the sight accordion trolls and cacophonous potato sacks works, too

KMK: if you want to make a self-insert character, you're free to do whatever wishfulfillment you want!

Daéa Reina: hahaha YES that's my troll

there have been a lot of really great drawings here the past few days, all of you are amazing, and WELCOME to new crewmembers, you look hecka awesome. Special mention to the sami cleanser, or more like HELL YES SAMI CLEANSER

and for those who don't draw, don't worry!! You can create a character anyway, someone will get around to drawing you at some point ^___________^ and even then, we're all pretty encouraging of people practicing their drawing, too :3c art evolution is Real and Beautiful
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1631 on: May 26, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »
Piney: It makes me really happy you liked it so much ^___________________^

and everyone who commented on it, thank you lots and lots, I'm really happy with how it turned out!! I tried to go for, idk, the moment you realize you may have done a wrong choice, but you can't turn back and you won't turn back and you feel pretty lost and scared but also determined to see things through? But being haunted by the sight accordion trolls and cacophonous potato sacks works, too

I really love the concept, and it's actually pretty in-character too!

And, um, I said I would finish yours on Monday but I was terribly unproductive so... I'm still on the lineart. :P
(Also I don't know how in-character it is, but I passed the point of no return long ago)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1632 on: May 27, 2015, 01:55:06 AM »
I'm double-posting, but here is the majestic Haiz-

(So I don't even know if your character is the kind of person to fall asleep like this but the pose was so darn hard to draw that I couldn't back out)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:03:49 AM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1633 on: May 27, 2015, 01:58:24 AM »
I'm double-posting, but her is the majestic Haiz-

eeeeeeeee ze's so adorable! Very majestic.
This is an idea I can get behind. :')
If you PM me your sona's general appearance and clothing, I could put something together for you.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1634 on: May 27, 2015, 02:20:53 AM »
I'm double-posting, but here is the majestic Haiz-

(So I don't even know if your character is the kind of person to fall asleep like this but the pose was so darn hard to draw that I couldn't back out)

ahahaha THANK YOU i love it, and at this particular moment I must say it does indeed feel pretty in character!!! I'm so happy

most dignified mage at the academy
you'll know where to find me.