Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842950 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1590 on: May 23, 2015, 05:35:45 AM »
That approach doesn't work, I've tried the Fimby NO so many times I should know. I think they're immune.

Blorp troll: *sits on top of a staircase*
Fimby: *casually strolls by*
Blorp troll: ? "eeeeeaaaaææææööööIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-"
*punt*
Blorp troll: "MEEP - EEP - eep - eep - eep - eep - eep..."

Oh lord why?!
But at least try to don't kick them... Or put adhesive tape on their mouth and then make them more quiet... so Smart Red, a troll can broke that in 0,0 seconds
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1591 on: May 23, 2015, 08:35:22 AM »
So, way back on page 57, I edited my bio, because I didn't do any research on Voodoo at all and- HECK NO LOA ARE SCARY.

its not a big deal, the editing so yeah. I just changed how her magic does the thing.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1592 on: May 23, 2015, 12:05:24 PM »
Ha, maybe I'll doodle down that staircase scenario later....

but for now, I actually managed to find time to do my part of the art trade with Piney!!! I got pretty inspired by that vegvísir necklace, ha

I've already drawn the piney as an inkywonky sketch so this doesn't really count as 'first time', but I hope I got the hair somewhat right O:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 12:43:37 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1593 on: May 23, 2015, 12:48:21 PM »

but for now, I actually managed to find time to do my part of the art trade with Piney!!! I got pretty inspired by that vegvísir necklace, ha

I've already drawn the piney as an inkywonky sketch so this doesn't really count as 'first time', but I hope I got the hair somewhat right O:

It's beautiful and I love it!!! I'm so glad you made use of the vegvísir, and you got the hair right! ;D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1594 on: May 23, 2015, 01:03:53 PM »
I apologize and regret being so bad at keeping up with this thread, but now I'm caught up so all's good! I really can't say individual things to people at this point, so just know it's all wonderful and amazing! Oh, and one last thing: now that I'm slightly less busy, I would be completely up for doing an art trade(s) too. If you're interested just contact me in some way, shape, or form (though a PM might be safer. Otherwise it might get lost in the depths of this thread).

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1595 on: May 23, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »

Yes! I'll probably do a doodle (maybe a drawing) of the thing we just made heh.
Also, I like how Piney looks!  :D And, just curious, what is exactly a vegvísir?
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1596 on: May 23, 2015, 01:32:29 PM »
And, just curious, what is exactly a vegvísir?

It's an Icelandic stave/rune thing that's supposed to help people find their way, specifically in bad weather.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1597 on: May 23, 2015, 01:36:29 PM »
It's an Icelandic stave/rune thing that's supposed to help people find their way, specifically in bad weather.

Oh! Sounds cool  :D
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1598 on: May 23, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »
Lots of good new stuff, and thank you to those commenting on drumtroll :V! I'm sorry to say I didn't think of that pun Of course the pun was intended!
And Oh Gods, Blorptroll. I know exactly what sound it makes. I'm positive it doesn't need a microphone. It's its very own amplifier and I think my sssona out of sheer desperation would stuff its mouth full of apples just to shut it up, if it ever wandered into the vicinity of her apple yard - it is a bit too pitiful to bash on the head after all...

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #1599 on: May 24, 2015, 07:32:05 AM »
There's so much I want to say but I only have a few minutes so I'm going to just drop this here and maybe comment on the rest later. (There was a choice of posting this now and not saying much, or waiting at least 12 hours until I have free internet time and I'm just too impatient!)

Art trade with Mélusine of her self-insert Von (you can read the original story thing written by Mélusine here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6smg475r127dde/Self-insert%20Mélusine.pdf?dl=0 )

And yes, that is the troll that Curry created a while back, it was just too good not to use!

Now onto drawing Curry :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:43:14 AM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1600 on: May 24, 2015, 08:27:14 AM »

It looks awesome :D I really like the glowing vegvisir!

So, I wanted to test out Mischief Free and ended up drawing trying to draw Koalalou's SSSSona:

I like how you did her hair, it has a real sense of volume :)

Art trade with Mélusine of her self-insert Von (you can read the original story thing written by Mélusine here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6smg475r127dde/Self-insert%20Mélusine.pdf?dl=0 )

And yes, that is the troll that Curry created a while back, it was just too good not to use!
There's some really nice dynamic in this :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1601 on: May 24, 2015, 10:22:50 AM »

First good thing in an awful sunday THANK YOU Gwenno ! <3 *Delighted* I know I told you before but it's an happiness for me to see my character(s) by someone else's eyes :D
I was precisely procrastinating wondering yesterday evening how to start something for you and began to take notes :) It might, hum, be the beginning of something bigger. I'll need a little more time to figure out what and by which sense I can catch it but I don't forget.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #1602 on: May 24, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »

Amazing! I really like her expression! :)

So, I wanted to test out Mischief Free and ended up drawing trying to draw Koalalou's SSSSona:

I have a bigger version that does more justice to it: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LatentLeprechaun/latentleprechaun.github.io/master/images/ShaneLouLarge.jpg

I fully acknowledge that I probably got a lot of things wrong.
Also, Aaugeeagdsgffeaderg!! The agony of not having layers! WHY DID I JUST SPEND SO MUCH TIME TORTURING MYSELF!?!!?
And don't even get me started on how the eyes mocked me for days by constantly refusing to be even slightly symmetrical! *shudders*

THAT HAIR <3

There's so much I want to say but I only have a few minutes so I'm going to just drop this here and maybe comment on the rest later. (There was a choice of posting this now and not saying much, or waiting at least 12 hours until I have free internet time and I'm just too impatient!)

Now onto drawing Curry :)

Nice! I really like watercolors! At first I thought she was fighting the troll with a flower...
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1603 on: May 24, 2015, 06:48:34 PM »

She looks like she has seen something horrendous, like a house haunted by accordions and cacophonous potato sacks.

Kookieking

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1604 on: May 24, 2015, 06:52:52 PM »
Augh new here gonna self insert myself from a ten minute sketch i did (half asleep mind you). enjoy my brain fart
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ug9_UHH2fgqzDKSD2DIwNOsFKauHvlxKjqh1Uj0e8Z4/edit?usp=sharing
 oh yeah if it isn't obvious he's holding a book and a gun