Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841792 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1215 on: May 09, 2015, 03:22:10 AM »
is there something you can't weaponize into an effective troll mace

I can even weaponise you into an effective troll mace.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1216 on: May 09, 2015, 03:50:36 AM »
I can even weaponise you into an effective troll mace.

I think this marks the point where I've played too much doodle or die
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1217 on: May 09, 2015, 04:03:29 AM »

Hm, I only had a mental image of Fimby swinging you around by your ankles but I have to say the upgraded version looks even better. Which way to the popcorn?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1218 on: May 09, 2015, 04:31:05 AM »
UNLOS

So. I took some... liberties with your character. I flagged when it came to make your character fight with your apple picker. So I gave up.

Instead I have you enjoying more peaceful days in your small corner of post-apocalyptic Arcadia. The fact that I kind of got carried away with the background might be able to obscure the fact that my current skills made it hard for me to give you a distinctive face and or dynamic pose. So you get the generic Vaf-face.

Trees are hell hard to draw so they are largely unfinished. Like a good chunk of this sketch.
The thing in the bottom left corner was meant to be some stylized flourished that kind of went nowhere. Welp.

dress reference:
http://sfsgeography.wikispaces.com/file/view/bunads.jpg/221375510/498x323/bunads.jpg

Oh I like that a lot! That is a very pretty bunad, I really enjoy your wonderful clothes design. And landscape! And background! *Showers you with approval* And now I want to draw you full figure, too.

You call it a sketch so casually, but as usual it is plain amazing and really stylishly done.
Agreed! I find myself wondering what the "garbage work" looks like, too.

Nice! Somewhat irregular "weapon" but I'm sure it can be weaponised into an effective troll mace.
Thank you :D Hmm, Yees, add a morningstar to the apple end, and and *goes to the thinking cabinet no that is probably not an english expression puts on thinking cap*

Oh Haiz, your reaction images are GOLD!

@Piney: Lovely image, and such a beautiful owl.
@Kick'run: I've had the same thought about glasses. Looking through the thread, quite a lot of us wears them, so someone must be really adept at repairing old glasses and making new ones. And good that you don't let anyone shame you from dancing!
@Oh Deer: Nice deer. And my thought when I saw Pineys face after firing that building was: Poor Piney, whoops no books for her!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1219 on: May 09, 2015, 06:39:12 AM »

Ooh, I like this even more than my idea (spiked helmet, studded leather jacket and two baseball bats to be flailed around). You're a natural at this, have a weapon innovations seal of approval.

What!? No! Nonsense, we're loving it.

Thank you :D Hmm, Yees, add a morningstar to the apple end, and and *goes to the thinking cabinet no that is probably not an english expression puts on thinking cap*
*chuckles* are you looking for a translation to "tenkeboksen"? I think the English speakers prefer thinking outside the box.
I suppose you could reinforce the basket end and fill it with gunpowder and splinters, then add a crude trigger mechanism. You ram it into a troll and hope not to be impaled by the recoil.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1220 on: May 09, 2015, 06:58:40 AM »
Ooh, I like this even more than my idea (spiked helmet, studded leather jacket and two baseball bats to be flailed around). You're a natural at this, have a weapon innovations seal of approval.
Well, I'm just glad you weren't actually planning to swing me around by my ankles

(as for doodle or die.... I don't question anything anymore. I just draw)

Which way to the popcorn?
you'll have to fight me and my weaponry upgrade for it

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1221 on: May 09, 2015, 06:59:29 AM »
Well, I'm just glad you weren't actually planning to swing me around by my ankles

Whoops, forgot to mention that part. I thought it was obvious, I mean, you are the mace.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1222 on: May 09, 2015, 07:25:08 AM »
Whoops, forgot to mention that part. I thought it was obvious, I mean, you are the mace.

I honestly don't know how I expected otherwise, even for a few seconds

is there any way out of this situation

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1223 on: May 09, 2015, 08:13:36 AM »
Work in progress for my trade with Mad Robin. Have a lil' Marja.

So cute!

Maaaaaybe it's time to ask the infodump editors to change "any pronouns" to "ze/hir pronouns" on my slide^^" my magesona is already kind of an annoying brat to begin with so it can't get any worse at this point ahaha ha

AquaAurion: oooooooooh neato draw!
Aaah, I'm sorry I completely forgot ;n; I've been thinking I need to be careful with that and of course I messed up Dx
Thank you! I'm happy with how it turned out :D

Oh, I love this xD You can't play that game too much ^^

@AquaAurion: Thank you, then I'll continue spamming without feeling bad! Nice work on Ilmari.
Yay, more art! Thank you! :D

I-I don't know what happened. I had reached S on the infodump, and I was gonna try some fwooshy hair. And then just:
Spoiler: show

All right, that's bedtime. I'll try to do something more appropriate tomoroow. (I'm guessing Sara would be kinda pleased with new colors, but maybe she has a job interview for archive work in the new university?)
Hahah, I bet the interviewers would be shocked :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

Caution - contains gratuitous amounts of spoon related violence.
This is exactly what came to mind when reading that comment ^^ My bf actually dressed up as Gin no saji one Halloween and it was surprisingly many who knew what it was :P

The dress is really pretty! Trees are hard xC Try referencing from pictures if you're having problems with the branches and stuff.

For SolarPoweredGirl! (I took so with this sorryyyy)

She looks so sweet and I like the owl! :)

I'm open for art trades if anyone wants to! :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1224 on: May 09, 2015, 09:03:36 AM »

I honestly don't know how I expected otherwise, even for a few seconds

my hand slipped

I mean I'm sorry but even the most optimistic approach is that there's a tiny chance you won't be swung by your ankles.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1225 on: May 09, 2015, 09:10:38 AM »
I love Fimbulwaffle so quiet look !

my hand slipped

I mean I'm sorry but even the most optimistic approach is that there's a tiny chance you won't be swung by your ankles.

... or in that way, yes ^^° (Poor Haiz.)

Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1226 on: May 09, 2015, 09:14:19 AM »
my hand slipped

dskjdnskjdsfnjbdfssd sdkjsdnb
I cNANOT BLEIvE
WHAT I HAVE GOTTEN MYSELF INTO

(omg thank you for sparing me the pain of having to draw this myself. i was this close to doing so but i just couldn't do it)

"BLART"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:15:50 AM by Haiz »

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #1227 on: May 09, 2015, 09:44:54 AM »
For SolarPoweredGirl! (I took so with this sorryyyy)

Daéa, you're next!
THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS IS SO AWESOME
AGH
YOU EVEN DREW BRYNDIS
YOU ARE THE MOST BEST

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1228 on: May 09, 2015, 10:36:06 AM »
my hand slipped

I went from puzzled to stomach-clutching laughter in an eyeblink. I hope the tooth/fang will grow back but it was worth it nevertheless.

"BLART" indeed *dries tear*

I was going to say "yes, play dead" but after Laufey's demonstration I'm not so sure. Because "BLART".

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1229 on: May 09, 2015, 10:42:29 AM »
I was going to say "yes, play dead" but after Laufey's demonstration I'm not so sure. Because "BLART".
I don't think I'll have the chance to play dead for much longer

......how can you have more sympathy for the tROLL in this situation? you are a horrible person and i hate you and your weapon innovating habits
(did I bring all of this on myself? MAYBE. I still blame you)