Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841655 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1185 on: May 07, 2015, 10:51:53 PM »
YOU ARE ALL BAREFACED BABBIES!!

I agree with whoever said you look like you're related to Gwenno! I like the use of a shovel as a weapon ^w^

I've reached Tabea! Sorry for spamming the thread with individual sketches, but I don't have the patience to wait until I've made more, I want to show them to you noww.
She's looking pretty :D please do continue to spam us!

Here is a small doodle I did while at Tim Horton's
I only had a small notebook full of graph paper, two pens (black and blue) and two or three coloured pencils on me, so its not the best quality, but seeing as its a doodle of someone else (Haiz) I thought I should still share xP

don't click it, that just makes it huge and blurry xP
Oh, so pretty~! ;D She looks so dorkably happy ^^

Okay! I wrote my SSSSona a bio:

(That should clear up any hair issues)
The hair looks a lot longer without the jacket ^^ I like the pendant! :D

princeofdoom, here's my part of the trade (we said only lines, right?):

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #1186 on: May 07, 2015, 11:18:44 PM »
princeofdoom, here's my part of the trade (we said only lines, right?):

Yes and thank you!  ;D

*squirrels away ssss sona art*
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1187 on: May 07, 2015, 11:34:10 PM »
Piney and Mélusine: Ok, I read Piney's backstory, and I'm about to read Mélusine's "short novel". Your SSSS-sona is so cute, Piney! :)

Thanks! ^v^ So what you're basically saying here is that I'm cute

Piney that's a really cute draw and I like her backstory! A link has been added to your slide on the infodump • v •

Thanks, that was quick!

The hair looks a lot longer without the jacket ^^ I like the pendant! :D

Me too :D (I've been considering buying a similar one)

Oh, and @princeofdoom, I never messaged you about the art/writing trade (whoops) - is the personality information I just shared sufficient to write something with?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1188 on: May 08, 2015, 12:58:06 AM »
Yes and thank you!  ;D

*squirrels away ssss sona art*
I'm happy you like it! :D

Me too :D (I've been considering buying a similar one)

You should, it looks really neat! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1189 on: May 08, 2015, 02:44:50 AM »
Uhhhh hey everyone I swear I'm not dead! I kept on making really garbage work (and binge-watching Steven Universe) all week and finally knocked out this sketch tonight. Work in progress for my trade with Mad Robin. Have a lil' Marja.

Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1190 on: May 08, 2015, 03:43:10 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO COOL
THANK YOUuuuU

Oh, so pretty~! ;D SheZe looks so dorkably happy ^^
Maaaaaybe it's time to ask the infodump editors to change "any pronouns" to "ze/hir pronouns" on my slide^^" my magesona is already kind of an annoying brat to begin with so it can't get any worse at this point ahaha ha

Mélusine: now that's an introduction. Welcome to the team - and I'm sure we'll meet at the academy, no?
(also fun fact, I was coincidentally listening to this song while reading, and it feels like it fits oddly well O:)

Piney: eyyhh, nice vegvísir! and nice backstory! and nice headshot, too, that should definitely clear up on both the blobbiness and length of your hair for future artistry

SolarPoweredGirl: "hair chart" is a biiiiit of an overstatement (i think i drew it in less than five minutes), but I think that looks pretty good!! nice fwooshy hair, cool pose

AquaAurion: oooooooooh neato draw!

Almond-Goddess: that's so lovely!! bRAVING WIND AND PUDDLES TO DELIVER MAIL
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1191 on: May 08, 2015, 04:53:42 AM »
Mélusine: now that's an introduction. Welcome to the team - and I'm sure we'll meet at the academy, no?
(also fun fact, I was coincidentally listening to this song while reading, and it feels like it fits oddly well O:)
Thank ? *Nervous smile - SO stressed to submit something she wrote* I'm unable to say where the last scene takes place because, hum, where are you, all ? *A bit lost* (But I think my character is both ready to have interactions with some others AND to avoid them *Tired in advance* I could write more...) She will go everywhere, even outside the Known World, so long as people let her sleep.
And thank for the link :) Harp is always a good idea, I would love to take lessons again. While writing, my character reacted to
and an other but it's because I was looking lists of icelandic's names, searching for those which will fit.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1192 on: May 08, 2015, 05:00:57 AM »
Thank ? *Nervous smile - SO stressed to submit something she wrote* I'm unable to say where the last scene takes place because, hum, where are you, all ?
It was very good so don't be stressed!

Oh, I just took a wild guess that the last scene was at the academy, whoops....... my magesona has been at the academy of seidur for a... very long time. It's almost as if ze's scared to confront the real world and be a useful member of society. Yet, SOMEHOW, ze ends up with a team of explorers in the silent world. DETAILS ARE A LITTLE HAZY ON THAT. Seeing as ze doesn't have a uniform, it's very possible ze's kind of the Reynir of the team. Who knows

addition edit:
"Helen, I mean... Haiz, why are you lying on the floor."
*sighs wistfully*
"oh come on. Pull yourself together. You're 20 years old, you've been here for most of your life, there's not a lot more for you to learn here. You HAVE to get out and do something, eventually."
"I know......."
"You're immune, you're skilled, you speak several languages-"
"I AM AWARE"
"You could easily join the military, or get a job as a ship mage, or even some kinda, I dunno, traveling mage..."
"I knoooooooooow"
"THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE"
*SIGHS WISTFULLY AGAIN*
"..."
"ow, ow, not the boot!"
"Ge up. You've got an exam to read for."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:42:06 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1193 on: May 08, 2015, 05:59:45 AM »
Oh, I just took a wild guess that the last scene was at the academy, whoops....... my magesona has been at the academy of seidur for a... very long time. It's almost as if ze's scared to confront the real world and be a useful member of society. Yet, SOMEHOW, ze ends up with a team of explorers in the silent world. DETAILS ARE A LITTLE HAZY ON THAT. Seeing as ze doesn't have a uniform, it's very possible ze's kind of the Reynir of the team. who knows
Well, I'm not sure I would be a good idea to keep Von inside of the Academy's wall for a very long time... ^^° But the Academy is a possibility, I was not sure about who is where, neither if somebody decided to form teams before. Time to write/draw/imagine some meeting, maybe ?
(I have some lines for something else after, and one "I won't wear a polo-neck." Wearing an uniform seems to be, hum, compromised.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:44:17 AM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #1194 on: May 08, 2015, 07:05:28 AM »
Oh, and @princeofdoom, I never messaged you about the art/writing trade (whoops) - is the personality information I just shared sufficient to write something with?

MOAR LANGUAGE TROUBLES.

But I should be able to work with this, maybe for some reason they needed extra scouts with the cleansers?
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1195 on: May 08, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »
Uhhhh hey everyone I swear I'm not dead! I kept on making really garbage work (and binge-watching Steven Universe) all week and finally knocked out this sketch tonight. Work in progress for my trade with Mad Robin. Have a lil' Marja.

asdfghasdfs omg your style is adorable > 3<

also, I feel bad for not replying to some people's  posts sometimes, especially if they mention me by name--I'm sorry! A lot of the time I just have no idea what to write > A<

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1196 on: May 08, 2015, 12:33:36 PM »
Piney: eyyhh, nice vegvísir! and nice backstory! and nice headshot, too, that should definitely clear up on both the blobbiness and length of your hair for future artistry

Thanks, and pfff, all hair I draw is going to be blobby, I draw blob-hair :P

MOAR LANGUAGE TROUBLES.

But I should be able to work with this, maybe for some reason they needed extra scouts with the cleansers?

Heheh. I'm sure you'll come up with something good!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #1197 on: May 08, 2015, 12:54:34 PM »
Thanks! ^v^ So what you're basically saying here is that I'm cute

Haha, yes! Considering she is your self-insert than you're a very cute person!

In fact, I realized that most of the descriptions people post here makes me think that they would be the type of people I would try to befriend in real life, and that's really cool. :)

I'm so in love with your style!! She looks a little like Meg from "Paperman".

Also, I don't remember who is open for art trade right now... So if anyone wants to trade with me, just ask! :)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1198 on: May 08, 2015, 12:55:25 PM »
She speaks Portuguese! There's no "brazilian" language.
FWIW, as far as I'm familiar with (European) language teaching, the institutions will differentiate between "Portuguese" and "Brazilian Portuguese" even before they feel it necessary to split English into any regional variants. Considering how far the Portuguese spread across Europe in search of jobs, clarifying that you're speaking Brazilian Portuguese might be sensible for a self-insert into the post-Rash sorry remains of Europe.

(As a less-than-authoritative actually-U.S.-based, but online, example, Livemocha.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1199 on: May 08, 2015, 01:18:53 PM »

OMG, it's so-so-so nice!
Almond-Goddess, you're can't imagine how it has improved my mood after an extremely bad day week. Thank you! :D