Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842399 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #960 on: April 28, 2015, 01:16:52 AM »
So add in a collar and a folded up hood to the back of the jacket, got it.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #961 on: April 28, 2015, 01:18:32 AM »
So add in a collar and a folded up hood to the back of the jacket, got it.
Yep. Thanks!
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #962 on: April 28, 2015, 01:24:20 AM »
So the short story bit I'm working on involves a cafeteria, Strelok getting smashed in the back of the head with a steel food tray and a trainee basically taking out his emotions on Strelok about how the trainee's older brother not coming back from some mission while the wildling outlander did and how it's not fair, and more or less blaming Strelok for his brother not making it back as though it were his fault.

If anyone wants to be involved in this story make your voice known, additionally how would your character react to any of the mentioned events?

Um, my character would probably retreat into a far corner and not get directly involved. That's probably not the kind of reaction you were looking for though :-\.  Perhaps she would quietly attempt to do a spell from the corner that would make the trainee calm down a little or melt the food tray so it can cause no further harm or something. Is that helpful to the story?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #963 on: April 28, 2015, 01:33:15 AM »
New and improved Matthew Mäkinen now with action collar and +1 hood of face hiding!

How did I do with the "oh crap is that a camera?!" face?

@kahli: no it's fine, I'm just wanting to gauge character reactions and not have them do something that would be out of character if they get added into the short I'm writing.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #964 on: April 28, 2015, 01:37:23 AM »
You don't have to include me, but I'd probably just cringe and pretend to be part of the wall.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #965 on: April 28, 2015, 01:41:30 AM »
New and improved Matthew Mäkinen now with action collar and +1 hood of face hiding!

How did I do with the "oh crap is that a camera?!" face?

@kahli: no it's fine, I'm just wanting to gauge character reactions and not have them do something that would be out of character if they get added into the short I'm writing.
I've actually made that face at someone once, followed by turtling into my shirt. So yep you got it. (Thumbs up)

As for story, I am possibly the person who'd end up in the middle, working on breaking it up or attempting to hide under a table. Take you pick.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #966 on: April 28, 2015, 02:08:47 AM »
Okay wow, the thread has moved on a lot since I last checked. I hope I didn't manage to skip anyone's posts while reading it :/

Okay my mind likes playing with ideas. I am toying with the thought of totem animals for each crew member.  I want any opinions, I'd like to only use each one once, so Dragon(western), and unicorn are taken.

Ooooooo this is a really good idea! I would have to think about it though, because at the moment my mind is blank. Maybe an arctic fox or a hare? I'm not sure yet...

Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Baku

• Hot Dad Squad
« Reply #967 on: April 28, 2015, 02:17:02 AM »
This thing has been going so fast recently, I can hardly keep up.  :-[
ALSO Considering my own self-insert is a medic, I think I'd like to try my hand at drawing the rest of the medics (as a group maybe?)! As long as I receive permission from you folks with medic self-inserts of course.
native: :usa: / learning: :germany: / some day: :denmark:
art tumblr/ flight rising/ disqus - :chap6: :chap7:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #968 on: April 28, 2015, 03:58:04 AM »
I know my chara doesn't even count but I'm butting in anyway to hog the Atlantic puffin.

On that note, feel free to use my trollsona in any self-insert work you like. You're allowed to harm and even kill it (although I would prefer at least a tiny window for it to survive somehow), I mean it is a troll and I'm not expecting special treatment here. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #969 on: April 28, 2015, 04:06:50 AM »
On that note, feel free to use my trollsona in any self-insert work you like. You're allowed to harm and even kill it (although I would prefer at least a tiny window for it to survive somehow), I mean it is a troll and I'm not expecting special treatment here. :D
Your troll was too fantastic in the stairs to be killed !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #970 on: April 28, 2015, 04:09:20 AM »
Eeee thank you everyone who commented on my silly troll dance comic!!

oh, good, because I didn't exactly ask for permission before I gracefully threw your troll down the stairs

(also puffins are great. I saw puffins when we were on Iceland and they are so beautifully ridiculous, hopping off cliffs and flapping their teeny tiny wings...)

nobody has asked whose the unicorn totem is yet, but I think it's pretty obvious it's mine ehehehehe.... If I had to pick a "real" animal it would probably have been a sparrow or something.
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #971 on: April 28, 2015, 04:30:15 AM »
Your troll was too fantastic in the stairs to be killed !

Hahah yes, the accordion shape probably works as a shock absorber. :D

oh, good, because I didn't exactly ask for permission before I gracefully threw your troll down the stairs

(also puffins are great. I saw puffins when we were on Iceland and they are so beautifully ridiculous, hopping off cliffs and flapping their teeny tiny wings...)

I loved every moment of that no worries. ;D
(Oh yes, they have to flap quite hard because they're not exactly aerodynamic in shape. The best part is when they land in water, flip their feet up, go in butt-first, submerge because when I say land in water I mean more like fall in a half-controlled way, and then after a while they plop up like a cork.)(Puffins!)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #972 on: April 28, 2015, 06:05:43 AM »
This thread explodes with awesomness when I'm sleeping or in school, I can hardly keep up! O_O

apropos of nothing

looks like someone slinky'd down some stairs
Hahah, poor Laufey-troll xD It's amazing!

Hi there, It's me again. And I did a thing.
Two adorable cleansers: Curry and Piney.

Adorable indeed! They look wonderful :D

Your style is really pretty =) I like the sideview surprised Piney the most ^^

Okay my mind likes playing with ideas. I am toying with the thought of totem animals for each crew member.  I want any opinions, I'd like to only use each one once, so Dragon(western), and unicorn are taken.
This sounds awesome! :D I kind of want to say eastern dragon, but it totally does not suit me, so I'd say a seal for me x)

when I hear it, I'm picturing the animals from the golden compass-series.
Gosh, I love His Dark Materials!! <3 So much feels though ;n;

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #973 on: April 28, 2015, 08:40:20 AM »
This thing has been going so fast recently, I can hardly keep up.  :-[
ALSO Considering my own self-insert is a medic, I think I'd like to try my hand at drawing the rest of the medics (as a group maybe?)! As long as I receive permission from you folks with medic self-inserts of course.
Wow I'm barely on ever, but I would be totally thrilled if you drew me!

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #974 on: April 28, 2015, 09:07:28 AM »
apropos of nothing

looks like someone slinky'd down some stairs

(the blurry text says "meanwhile:")

Oh my that was HILARIOUS! Please never stop drawing.

I'm going to make some request of y'all oc's with my oc, only I need y'all permission

Sorry for not answering that one, I just didn't really understand what you meant. But feel free to use my OC, if you like. And I'm happy to do an art trade with you, too, if you still want one. A drawing of my self-insert is perfectly fine.

@Mad Robin: Funny, well drawn and spot on!
@Daea Reina: I really like the expressive faces. Also, nice job on the hands.

The daïmons ? (Was it this name in english ?) Which reader had not dream of his/her own ? :)
Yes, it was daïmons in english as well. I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't want one :) 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:11:16 AM by Unlos »