Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843359 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
So, hey guys! I noticed that there was a lot of SSSS OCs circulating the Tumblr tag, so I decided to make one for myself!

Name: [ummm I haven't thought of one yet]
Immunity: Yes
Nationality: Icelandic
Area of Birth: Reykjavik
Profession: Falconer
Languages: Mandarin & Icelandic

Bio Points
- Bound by her severe allergy and strong obligation to family, she spend much of her life cooped in the countryside caring for the farmlands.
- Her siblings, much older than she, have long since scattered to the four winds. She only knows them from worn out photographs, but they sent back letters of their epic adventures. But then their correspondences trickled to a halt. She never really found out what became of them, and imagining the worst, her childlike wonder of the outside warped to fear and bitterness. From then on, she resolved not to abandon her family like they did.
- Her parents and the ancestors before them were insistent on maintaining their Asian heritage even through the calamity. Though she is adamant on acknowledging only the Icelandic gods and customs, she learned to speak and write her ancestor's tongue fluently. Her Icelandic was proficient in childhood when she attended the local school program, but gradually declined from disuse at her household.
- At adolescence, her father found an injured peregrine falcon, unable to migrate away for the winter. Seeing that she was lonely, he gave it to her as a companion. As she nursed it back to health, she discovered that her avian companion was just as clever (if not more) and just as immune to the Illness as felines. She took to training pet how to hunt down vermin Beasts and scout for larger trolls.
- Over the years, she started accompanying cleansers during the spring purges (with a mask to keep allergens at bay) and the occasional scouting trip at Silent outskirts, but invariably gravitates back home to care for her elderly parents.
- Inevitably, the morning comes when parents, tucked in to bed the night before, never woke up again. After performing the burial rites (Asian customs, just this once out of respect for them) she's left for the first time untethered by any obligations or responsibilities. Despite her fright and grief, she couldn't help but feel that childhood hunger for adventure rekindling just beneath the surface. She faintly remembers, just about a month ago, an stranger from the outside countries giving her a unique job proposal. With nothing left for her here, she just might take up the offer...

Welp. There's our answer to the insidious vermin class trolls.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #301 on: April 01, 2015, 10:20:45 AM »
So, hey guys! I noticed that there was a lot of SSSS OCs circulating the Tumblr tag, so I decided to make one for myself!

(I LOVE YOUR ART STYLE!)
This picture: It's simply

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #302 on: April 01, 2015, 01:54:31 PM »

Name: [ummm I haven't thought of one yet]

Bio Points
- Bound by her severe allergy and strong obligation to family, she spend much of her life cooped in the countryside caring for the farmlands.
- Her siblings, much older than she, have long since scattered to the four winds. She only knows them from worn out photographs, but they sent back letters of their epic adventures. But then their correspondences trickled to a halt. She never really found out what became of them, and imagining the worst, her childlike wonder of the outside warped to fear and bitterness. From then on, she resolved not to abandon her family like they did.
- Her parents and the ancestors before them were insistent on maintaining their Asian heritage even through the calamity. Though she is adamant on acknowledging only the Icelandic gods and customs, she learned to speak and write her ancestor's tongue fluently. Her Icelandic was proficient in childhood when she attended the local school program, but gradually declined from disuse at her household.
- At adolescence, her father found an injured peregrine falcon, unable to migrate away for the winter. Seeing that she was lonely, he gave it to her as a companion. As she nursed it back to health, she discovered that her avian companion was just as clever (if not more) and just as immune to the Illness as felines. She took to training pet how to hunt down vermin Beasts and scout for larger trolls.
- Over the years, she started accompanying cleansers during the spring purges (with a mask to keep allergens at bay) and the occasional scouting trip at Silent outskirts, but invariably gravitates back home to care for her elderly parents.
- Inevitably, the morning comes when parents, tucked in to bed the night before, never woke up again. After performing the burial rites (Asian customs, just this once out of respect for them) she's left for the first time untethered by any obligations or responsibilities. Despite her fright and grief, she couldn't help but feel that childhood hunger for adventure rekindling just beneath the surface. She faintly remembers, just about a month ago, an stranger from the outside countries giving her a unique job proposal. With nothing left for her here, she just might take up the offer...
AHHH!! This is such a well written and well thought out backstory/description! It makes me fangirl about/jealous of your creativity and good storytelling!
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Elrew

« Reply #303 on: April 01, 2015, 02:39:07 PM »

(a load of genius)
Everything on this thread is really creative and everyone is so talented! I really love the falcon, that's such a good idea.

I'm nearly done with mine but my scanner is rather temperamental so maybe you'll get to see it, maybe you won't...

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #304 on: April 01, 2015, 02:50:36 PM »
The OC infodump* has all of the characters listed by profession, but I thought that it might also be interesting to have everyone ordered by which country they come from too (some people did not include a birthplace in their description, so I made a separate section for them :) ). So here is... *drumroll* everybody so far, listed by nationality!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finnish: Adrai Thell, Kahli, mamelukkikala, wavewright62

Swedish: AquaAquarion, KauniitaUnia, mithrysc, Piney, Sunflower, Windfighter, Frenci

Danish: Barbarylion22, OrigamiOwl, Solokov

Norwegian: Cheesecake, Curry, Fenris, Fimbulvarg, freddiethefantastic, Gwenno, Haiz, Ruth

Icelandic: Noodly Appendage, Vafhudr, Almond-Goddess, Dane Murgen

Unknown: Callipygous, DancingRanger, Koalalou, lenny, oliga, Sigrid Marie, SolarPoweredGirl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this useful? If so, I can keep updating it if you want!

*(https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.gacf9446b3_2_93)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:43:35 PM by KauniitaUnia »
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #305 on: April 01, 2015, 02:55:44 PM »

Bio Points

So awesome!  Both the bio/profession (I think falconry and other uses of birds will see a *huge* increase in the Known World) and the beautiful illustration.

That amazing antique-looking Chinese writing in the stamp at the lower left -- is that what they call "seal script"?  What does it say?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »
What great OCs! Almond-goddess, that's such a great backstory and I love how your character has so much depth and... well... character! I will get you all up ASAP! :D

The OC infodump* has all of the characters listed by profession, but I thought that it might also be interesting to have everyone ordered by which country they come from too (some people did not include a birthplace in their description, so I made a separate section for them :) ). So here is... *drumroll* everybody so far, listed by nationality!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finnish: Adrai Thell, Kahli, mamelukkikala, wavewright62, Dane Murgen

Swedish: AquaAquarion, KauniitaUnia, mithrysc, Piney, Sunflower, Windfighter, Frenci

Danish: Barbarylion22, OrigamiOwl, Solokov

Norwegian: Cheesecake, Curry, Fenris, Fimbulvarg, freddiethefantastic, Gwenno, Haiz, Ruth

Icelandic: Noodly Appendage, Vafhudr, Almond-Goddess

Unknown: Callipygous, DancingRanger, Koalalou, lenny, oliga, Sigrid Marie, SolarPoweredGirl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this useful? If so, I can keep updating it if you want!

This is really useful and do you mind if I put this on the infodump? I'd be glad to add you as an admin/editor if you want/don't mind!

I also am working on an infographic with all the languages spoken. It's awful. No regrets.
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »

Man, 10 out of 10 points for style, that self portrait is just way too amazing. No word on whether cleansers operate in Iceland, but hey, details schmetails.

Oliga

« Reply #308 on: April 01, 2015, 04:03:09 PM »
New awesome characters are posted here faster than I have time to draw them O__O Good job, guys, good job...
Meanwhile the next two - Curry and AquaAquarion (sorry for your haircut, AquaAquarion)

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #309 on: April 01, 2015, 04:10:45 PM »
This is really useful and do you mind if I put this on the infodump? I'd be glad to add you as an admin/editor if you want/don't mind!

I also am working on an infographic with all the languages spoken. It's awful. No regrets.

Of course you can add it on! I would be honoured to become an admin on the infodump, but unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how these things work..... you would have to talk me through it (if you have the patience, of course). My whole Google account is kinda like a huge, unsightly monster which I tend not to touch or think about unless I absolutely have to :)

Ohmygoddd, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love your OC! I think I may have fallen in love with that art style...

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #310 on: April 01, 2015, 04:12:54 PM »
New awesome characters are posted here faster than I have time to draw them O__O Good job, guys, good job...
Meanwhile the next two - Curry and AquaAquarion (sorry for your haircut, AquaAquarion)

Your style is amazing, and it looks so flawless considering it's all handdrawn. Seeing the self-inserts drawn in different styles is one of the best things about this thread.

I kinda want to see Mith and Almond Goddess do a red oni/blue oni routine.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:14:55 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #311 on: April 01, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »

This is SO CUTE!! I look so adorable omg help
your style is so clean and pretty and what do you even use? Markers? Pens? Magic? (My money's on the last one :p )
Of course you can add it on! I would be honoured to become an admin on the infodump, but unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how these things work..... you would have to talk me through it (if you have the patience, of course). My whole Google account is kinda like a huge, unsightly monster which I tend not to touch or think about unless I absolutely have to :)
Thank you! I don't mind if you don't mind :0 I can pm you for the rest of the details (those silly things pffftch)
YEET

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2015, 04:33:17 PM »
I don't mind if you don't mind :0 I can pm you for the rest of the details (those silly things pffftch)

That would be great, thank you c:

Oliga

« Reply #313 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:10 PM »
Your style is amazing, and it looks so flawless considering it's all handdrawn. Seeing the self-inserts drawn in different styles is one of the best things about this thread.

I kinda want to see Mith and Almond Goddess do a red oni/blue oni routine.
Thank you! Heh this is nice idea, I'll draw them together (maybe even in such colors)
This is SO CUTE!! I look so adorable omg help
your style is so clean and pretty and what do you even use? Markers? Pens? Magic? (My money's on the last one :p )
Glad you like it! I used copic markers (and a pinch of love)  ;)

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #314 on: April 01, 2015, 06:36:21 PM »

@: KauniitaUni:

Can we put an asterisk on my character only because it's assumed he's from Denmark (I actually haven't decided where he is from I might just do a dice roll based off various locations that have come up in the communities outside the known world thread.)

@:Almond-Goddess:

Beautiful right there, absolutely beautiful.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.