Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842982 times)

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
Re: Self-Insert Art
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2015, 11:51:17 PM »
What, you people started to draw yourselves as team members?  :D

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2015, 11:59:49 PM »
What, you people started to draw yourselves as team members?  :D
Yes, because reasons! Come join us in our year 90-team!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2015, 12:03:31 AM »
I won't draw myself.
Never!
:D

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2015, 12:04:43 AM »
There's a reason that Lars had to draw my self-portrait for Minna's birthday card... >_>
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2015, 12:06:58 AM »
Level of art skill matters not! Come join our ragtag team anyways!
YEET

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2015, 12:42:23 AM »
So I heard you guys were looking for dubious self-inserts. Well. I have just the thing.
Apologies. This came out very light. I may have to return and use ink or something.

(rifle slung on the back to hide the fact that I suck at drawing guns. Tried to combine the standard military uniform with the mage uniform. So I get a dumb cape. Trimmed with raven feathers. The graphic on it is based on an old depiction of Odin. Glasses are meant to be more like goggles, based on Hanji Zoe's glasses - also, hands - how do they even work?)

Name: Váfuður Magnusson
Nationality: Icelandic
Area of Birth: Egilsstaðir
Immunity: Yes
Profession: Mage (seidkarl), soldier, farmer, academic
Languages: Icelandic, Norwegian, muddles through Danish and Swedish. Finnish is fascinating, if incomprehensible.

More Danish in soul, really. Has an unhealthy interest in the past and wanderlust for an Icelander.

His father is a peasant, but his mother is an academic (a law-speaker, in fact). Not terribly rich, he was able to afford academic education, if only to become a government clerk. As a youth he had been afflicted with rather disturbing nightmares, but it is only in his teens that those were recognized as proper signs of awakening magic potential. Already in Reykjavik for his clerical studies, he moved to the Academy of Seidur where he was a moderately successful student. He is now serving his military service, working in tandem with Norwegian teams to clean up more of the Norwegian shores. During the off-season, he returns to the family farm to help with the chores. He also helps the town through the less battle-oriented runes and magic.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:53:36 AM by Vafhudr »
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2015, 12:47:38 AM »
Hee I like. The spear is a nice touch. Working on an insert now but ... it's at the pencil stage and I wanna colour/ink it because why not?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2015, 01:00:52 AM »
I was just thinking we were urgently needing a SSSSona thread! Glad to see somebody agrees.

So I heard you guys were looking for dubious self-inserts. Well. I have just the thing.
Apologies. This came out very light. I may have to return and use ink or something.

(rifle slung on the back to hide the fact that I suck at drawing guns. Tried to combine the standard military uniform with the mage uniform. So I get a dumb cape. Trimmed with raven feathers. The graphic on it is based on an old depiction of Odin. Glasses are meant to be more like goggles, based on Hanji Zoe's glasses - also, hands - how do they even work?)

Oho, another snk fan! (Or at least, I have been in that fandom!)
This looks really cool, but I must say I'm rather sad I didn't wait to start drawing everybody because now I have no space on my page and too many new people help? Looks like I'll have to start another page eventually.
YEET

kahli

• Scout
Re: Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2015, 01:07:01 AM »
if it is within my powers, I will draw e v e r y o n e

eventually
Eeeeeeeee!  ;D
 Here is me. I am a Finnish Mage. I like hats.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 01:09:55 AM by kahli »
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2015, 01:11:45 AM »
Eeeeeeeee!  ;D
 Here is me. I am a Finnish Mage. I like hats.

Ack this is adorable! Gosh dang I will have to make an entire three-book trilogy to draw all of these cuties help
YEET

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2015, 02:07:50 AM »
I drew almost everybody! You guys are all so great but you also keep coming really fast and I'm slow ahhh

Curry used to have really long hair and managed to get 2 or 3 months into training without putting it up once. However, they got caught up in how cool their mane looked and forgot that it's very flammable about a week into flamethrower training. Good job Curry you're an idiot and also crazy

From left to right: DancingRanger, Koalalou, Windfighter, AquaAquarion (above), Haiz (bottom)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:14:40 AM by Curry »
YEET

freddiethefantastic

Re: Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2015, 02:12:30 AM »
I drew almost everybody! You guys are all so great but you also keep coming really fast and I'm slow ahhh

Curry used to have really long hair and managed to get 2 or 3 months into training without putting it up once. However, she got caught up in how cool her mane looked and forgot that it's very flammable about a week into flamethrower training. Good job Curry you're an idiot and also crazy

From left to right: DancingRanger, Koalalou, Windfighter, AquaAquarion (above), Haiz (bottom)
Bruh I literally haven't been on in forever???? There has been so much good art since I was last here, and I am not going to spam you guys by replying to it all? But ugh you are all so talented.
And curry!! This is hella adorable I can't actually handle it?? Everyone's oc's are such cuties and you draw them so well! Also your comics are literally my favorite thing on this earth

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2015, 02:23:55 AM »

Curry used to have really long hair and managed to get 2 or 3 months into training without putting it up once. However, she got caught up in how cool her mane looked and forgot that it's very flammable about a week into flamethrower training. Good job Curry you're an idiot and also crazy

i cracked up at the second comi c omdfhghfd 'well thats inconvenient'
i lOVE YOUR ART SO MUCH....its so cute and the expressions are so great and the way you draw hair??? i?? touches my screen. outstanding i love it long time ;______;
all these insert ocs are making me itch to make one hfdshg you gUYS ARE SO COOL?!?!! STARS IN MY EYES

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2015, 02:30:50 AM »

Ahg I drew your OC Curry! Is hella messy, whoops?? Ugh literally all of these ocs are super cute though
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:37:40 AM by freddiethefantastic »

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2015, 02:31:02 AM »
Done! 
Once I've moved all the self-inserts out of the general SSSS Art Gallery thread, I'll ask whoever is the "owner" (i.e. creator of the earliest post) to edit it to spell out what this is for.  Meanwhile, I'll ask Lenny, owner/creator of that thread, to update her first post and include a pointer to this new thread.

Thanks for asking!   :)

Done.
Am notified of private messages via email.