Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843101 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4920 on: July 24, 2016, 02:57:31 AM »
Okay, behold chap. 5 of the superhero AU fic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/17221582

Gee, does no one tell anybody else what's bothering them?  Guess not.  And thank you to Sectoboss, whose Julian makes his official appearance.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #4921 on: July 24, 2016, 01:55:06 PM »
Woot! I like it though now I'm even more confused about the timeline than before.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4922 on: July 24, 2016, 04:23:06 PM »
Woot! I like it though now I'm even more confused about the timeline than before.

Does it help to realise that Sonja as a seiðkona is having prophetic dreams?  Chaps. 1-4 take place in high summer, Chap. 5 in late summer, the expedition will set out in autumn as per the canon timeline.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:40:13 PM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4923 on: July 24, 2016, 04:24:59 PM »
Does it help to realise that Sonja as a seiðkona is having prophetic dreams?

Waitaminute....does that mean that some of the 'hero' crew will end up on the mission?
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4924 on: July 24, 2016, 04:44:07 PM »
Waitaminute....does that mean that some of the 'hero' crew will end up on the mission?

*grin* Speculation is certainly welcome.

Solokov

« Reply #4925 on: July 24, 2016, 05:03:08 PM »
Does it help to realise that Sonja as a seiðkona is having prophetic dreams?  Chaps. 1-4 take place in high summer, Chap. 5 in late summer, the expedition will set out in autumn as per the canon timeline.

So this is pre expedition then... right how did reynir wind up involved in all this again? I don't think I've read chapter 1 or 2...
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
« Reply #4926 on: July 24, 2016, 05:06:12 PM »
So this is pre expedition then... right how did reynir wind up involved in all this again? I don't think I've read chapter 1 or 2...

IIRC his powers activated one day and he literally ran past his sister's ferry to Mora. After that, she sent him to Tuuri and Onni, who passed him on to the current group.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

« Reply #4927 on: July 24, 2016, 06:36:03 PM »
Ok i think i understand... alt universe where reynir leaves home early?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4928 on: July 24, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »
Ok i think i understand... alt universe where reynir leaves home early?
Actually, alt-universe where Reynir's sister runs a training facility on the premises of a cat training facility - she's sent Tuuri & Onni from her team to retrieve Reynir when his power manifests and he literally runs away from home, ending up on the ship operating as Iceland's offshore quarantine/entry processing facility; they bring him back to their base in Norway.  In this AU, some non-immune persons with magical ability can develop superpowers. 
I thought it would be fun to populate this AU with some of our characters, even though the vast majority of SSSSona are immune. 
I've already exposed Reynir's eldest brother as a fraud who's actually a janitor and not a troll hunter.  I've already tipped that Sigrun is there on the expedition but not leading it, and the cleanser on the expedition is female, because AU.  Stay tuned for more revelations.

Solokov

« Reply #4929 on: July 24, 2016, 08:23:57 PM »
Neat.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #4930 on: July 26, 2016, 09:09:23 PM »
I had a dream with Reynir and I drew it with Riika as me. (random girl is random!) it was not really a nice dream, but I enjoy hurting people's feeling.
This kinda shows a bit well Riika and her lovelife a bit, she is forever alone too. if someone is too nice to her, she acts even rude or think the other person likes her but then realizes the person is simply nice to everyone. she is always heartbroken.

and from now on, she might be rude toward Reynir too..... (simply scared of rejection again....)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4931 on: July 26, 2016, 09:11:44 PM »
Hahaha... Poor Riika! And poor other girl too, she had no idea what just happened or why. XD Beautiful comic, Martti!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4932 on: July 27, 2016, 08:30:15 PM »
I had a dream with Reynir and I drew it with Riika as me. (random girl is random!) it was not really a nice dream, but I enjoy hurting people's feeling.
This kinda shows a bit well Riika and her lovelife a bit, she is forever alone too. if someone is too nice to her, she acts even rude or think the other person likes her but then realizes the person is simply nice to everyone. she is always heartbroken.

and from now on, she might be rude toward Reynir too..... (simply scared of rejection again....)

Awww, this is so well-done both as a comic and as an analysis.  (Love the little green tick-mark!)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4933 on: July 29, 2016, 11:24:13 PM »
Behold chapter 6 of the superhero story, for your delectation:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/17355472
Spoiler: "The skald is WHO?" • show
What can I say, things could have gone differently for Emil.  Did you think it was Mikkel maybe?
Also, our own Piney is revealed as the cleanser on the expedition, my condolences to Clara, she's not having a very good run of it.

In which the clogs do not make an appearance, but our own Fimbulvarg does.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4934 on: July 30, 2016, 12:39:44 AM »
Behold chapter 6 of the superhero story, for your delectation:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/17355472
Spoiler: "The skald is WHO?" • show
What can I say, things could have gone differently for Emil.  Did you think it was Mikkel maybe?
Also, our own Piney is revealed as the cleanser on the expedition, my condolences to Clara, she's not having a very good run of it.

In which the clogs do not make an appearance, but our own Fimbulvarg does.

Spoiler: show

Yesss, I had a sneaking suspicion it was her ;) I'm really enjoying her characterization from what little I've seen of it! And of course poor Emil, aww. ::)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: