Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 832702 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: Self-Inserts and OCs
« Reply #5085 on: March 27, 2018, 07:03:58 AM »
I look in every once in a while, and appreciate the thread not being dead, and the occasional new ssssona!

I'm not too good at writing so my attempts at joining the rp have fallen through in the past but I still sort of keep tabs on how it goes.

I have drawn some ssssonas in the past, too but haven't finished my latest (sorry Ragnarok, it's not forgotten just really really slow in coming)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #5086 on: March 27, 2018, 11:23:35 AM »
Hmmmmm...I should do a sketch of Strelock now that she's been promoted to the rank of Commander.....then again I never finished the sketch of her in the field...
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #5087 on: April 15, 2018, 11:23:13 AM »
I was told I could put my current Unified Roleplay's OC here? So I'm gonna do that :3

Yay Kyösti! :D

Spoiler: show
Name: Kyösti Blomgren

Nationality: born Finnish, grew up and lived in Sweden

Intelligence: Average

Physical Condition: Good. Quite fast and agile, but not very strong.

Magical Abilities: Yes. Finnish mage. Can yell at a radio to make it work (works 3/4 times), cast a few spells (works 2/3 times) and sense trolls about as good as cats do. His luonto is a white-tailed deer.

Immunity: Yes.

Training: Grandfather taught him what magic he knows. Joined Swedish army. Worked mostly with demolition experts and has some little skill with explosives. Not much good with guns or in close combat, but still able to hit a troll with a handgun if he waits for it to come close enough. Is really good at tracking, and very good at running away from his problems trolls. Able to fix a radio if broken. Speaks Swedish, and is still fluent in Finnish.

Appearance: Fluffy short black hair and black eyes. Rather skinny (twig-like), and of average height.

Personality: Very nice and polite guy. He isn't very interested in other people, but is trying to be on good terms with everybody, especially his comrades. The result of his quiet but nice behavior is him being good acquaintances with people. He has a very weak stomach when it comes to blood and gore. During the time serving, he got used to blood, but trolls make him very sick very much.

History: His parents were Finnish, but his father had a bad case of death. Mother remarried to a Swedish man and moved there with him and the rest of her family, mainly because it was slightly safer and she and her father were not immune, which is how Kyösti got a Swedish last name. The Swede was a military man and a solid dad, so when he was 15, Kyösti joined the military as well. He was planning to be a communication officer, since he could get through troll static pretty well, but his superiors noticed that he was a solid walking troll detector. One unsuccessful transfer request later, and he started training to be a Day Scout.
At first, when he realized how weak his stomach was, he begged medics to give him something to cure himself so that he doesn't throw up after (or during) every fight or run-in with a troll. Medics dismissed him, claiming he will get used to it with time, and for a while it seemed he was getting better.
After he collapsed once during setting up explosives with the Demolition Experts, they finally realized he wasn't eating before going out to stop himself from being sick. They at last gave him tablets for calming down his stomach, and long instructions that can be summed up to: "EXPENSIVE. USE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE."
His colleagues in the army used to make some fun of him because of all that, but he didn't really mind, most of the time joining them and cracking jokes about it as well.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5088 on: April 15, 2018, 08:31:55 PM »
For purposes of the RP I propose to be a minor functionary, a comms officer at the Swedish base.  All that's important at this stage is that my character is part of the base contingent, female, speaks Icelandic and Swedish, and has a very nice voice over the radio.

(This is not a reboot of Helle-Mai back on her Saimaa island homestead, who is now rather elderly, but still personally overseeing the production of contraband mead and birch beer.  She will not have anything to do with this story.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #5089 on: April 28, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »
Ragnarok didn't like my two main OCs for purposes of RP, so they remain confined to my fic.  And, now, here.

NAME: Tuuri "Big T" Madsen-Eide

NATIONALITY: Norwegian/Danish

FAMILY: Daughter of Mikkel and Sigrun Madsen-Eide.  Sigrun died just after she was born.  Has two older brothers and a much older half-brother.

INTELLIGENCE: A bit slow but within the range of normal

PHYSICAL CONDITION: Large.  Tall, muscular, and bordering on obese.

MAGICAL ABILITIES: EXTREMELY powerful

IMMUNITY: No

TRAINING: None until age 5, when Lalli agreed to train her because everyone was afraid she'd accidentally kill people if left on her own among non-mages

APPEARANCE: Unfortunate.  Looks a lot like her father.  Her long, strawberry blonde hair and violet eyes are her best visual features.

PERSONALITY: Impatient, easily angered, combative, funny, protective, brave, intensely loyal, loves dogs, and adores her Daddy

NAME: Sigrun Siv "Siggy" Vasterstrom

NATIONALITY: Swedish/??

FAMILY: Biological daughter of Anna Vasterstrom and unknown father.  Adopted daughter of Emil Vasterstrom and Lalli Hotakainen.

INTELLIGENCE: Bright

PHYSICAL CONDITION: Petite, thin, not very strong

MAGICAL ABILITIES: Anti-mage.  She's not a mage, and neither is anyone else when they're near her.

IMMUNITY: Yes

TRAINING: Three months with a Cleanser squad as a child, which she loved and has not forgotten

APPEARANCE: Basically a younger Snow White.  Very pretty, but her eyes give mages the creeps.

PERSONALITY: Friendly, fun-loving, brave, and trusting enough that she's still just on the verge of realizing how unfair her life is
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5090 on: April 28, 2018, 09:28:50 PM »
Yes, I remember these two - too young for the RP, surely, but well-conceived albeit dark.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Solokov

« Reply #5091 on: April 28, 2018, 10:55:41 PM »
A bit too young, and a bit too connected to the SSSS mainline story for my liking, partially due to the whole "we don't know how it ends" thing and things can take any kind of turn now.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

hexdit

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Quickest Book-reading in the West
« Reply #5092 on: June 21, 2018, 12:07:47 AM »
Just gonna pop my SSSSona in here...

https://i.imgur.com/c9FolPU.jpg

Name: AMLIKA HIRANANDANI
Nationality:  Silent World
Family: none that she can really remember
Immunity: yes
Magic: yes (can do some odd runes, and use her halberd as a flying broom.. badly. also magic circles.)
Personality: weird. sorta standoffish, but will talk quite easily if you feed her.
Weapons: halberd, can use guns if needed. molotov cocktail

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:45:16 PM by hexdit »
native: :usa:
learning: :japan:
someday: :vaticancity: :finland:
"I don't care what I say, I like me" - Erma Bombeck

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5093 on: June 23, 2018, 10:40:56 PM »
Just gonna pop my SSSSona in here...

https://i.imgur.com/c9FolPU.jpg

Name: AMLIKA HIRANANDANI
Nationality:  Silent World
Family: none that she can really remember
Immunity: yes
Magic: yes (can do some odd runes, and use her halberd as a flying broom.. badly. also magic circles.)
Personality: weird. sorta standoffish, but will talk quite easily if you feed her.
Weapons: halberd, can use guns if needed. molotov cocktails.

Interesting character. 
Spoiler: about the edit • show
She was a water cryptid in her first iteration, is she still?  (Or is that for the crew to find?)

Cool rainbow effect - is it a headdress or hair dye?  Also, flying halberd ftw.

Solokov

« Reply #5094 on: June 24, 2018, 01:56:34 AM »

She was a water cryptid in her first iteration, is she still?  (Or is that for the crew to find?)

Ok, I thought that we had a case of Mandela effect going down live, I didn't notice there'd been an edit till you brought it up.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

hexdit

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Quickest Book-reading in the West
« Reply #5095 on: July 01, 2018, 12:00:48 AM »
Interesting character. 

Cool rainbow effect - is it a headdress or hair dye?  Also, flying halberd ftw.
I will leave that ambiguous. and the hair is cuz she dyed it with Old World tattoo ink when she was like 7 and it won't come out cuz of non-controlled magic.
native: :usa:
learning: :japan:
someday: :vaticancity: :finland:
"I don't care what I say, I like me" - Erma Bombeck

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #5096 on: July 03, 2018, 02:25:02 PM »
Hexdit, I love the colors in the hair! Seems like a fun, unique ssssona.

I'm dropping in cause I just realized that I never sent in the final of Agnes, so... you can look at her info placard under the cut. :P Just your standard sleep deprived captain.

Fun fact: she got stood up at the altar on her wedding day. So her first response was to sign up for a potentially deadly mission into the silent world, because... well, she didn't need to worry about her fiance anymore, did she?  ;)

Spoiler: show
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

IntensiTea

• Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #5097 on: February 09, 2019, 07:50:35 AM »
A bit too young, and a bit too connected to the SSSS mainline story for my liking, partially due to the whole "we don't know how it ends" thing and things can take any kind of turn now.

Question: are these rules for any OCs we may create, or are they specifically for RP characters? Genuine question, just trying to figure out what the thread rules are here.
My humblest apologies for my American-ness.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5098 on: February 09, 2019, 08:15:48 AM »
Question: are these rules for any OCs we may create, or are they specifically for RP characters? Genuine question, just trying to figure out what the thread rules are here.

Specifically for RP where we are trying to accommodate canon. If you wanna make some for your own fics or purposes go right on ahead.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kata Kissa

• Tumblr
  • word to your fjord, krissy. word.
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #5099 on: February 16, 2019, 10:36:27 PM »
I have very little actual character work done on her but I actually somehow managed to draw something that looks nice so I have to show her off before I start nitpicking it

Katariina "Kata" Lehikoinen.  Speaks Finnish and a smattering of Swedish.  Immune.  Wants to go to new places and learn new things.  Not particularly strong as a mage, more or less average.  Not a great natural sense of direction.
Native: :usa:
Attempting to learn: :norway:
Wanting to learn: :finland: