Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 819203 times)

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #5070 on: September 28, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »
It.
Is.
Done.
(tympani go boom-boom boom-boom boooom)
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/27729420
Epilogue.

Edits are still proceeding, but this is now a finished work.  Thank you all for your patience.

Woooooo!!!! *confetti*
Really, you deserve a standing ovation for this. Truly an epic work. (And I was right! Hooray!) <3
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5071 on: September 28, 2017, 01:35:06 PM »
Thank you, and you were indeed correct about the wedding couple. 
Did anybody catch that I finally figured out a way to work in *my own* SSSSona, even though it was only as a mention and not 'on camera'?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5072 on: October 09, 2017, 07:25:04 PM »
Thank you, and you were indeed correct about the wedding couple. 
Did anybody catch that I finally figured out a way to work in *my own* SSSSona, even though it was only as a mention and not 'on camera'?

Helle-Mai? Yeah, spotted her.

Okay, gonna drop another OC here, this one based off my Fallout: New Vegas playthrough, specifically the New Vegas Bounties III mod.

Name: Georg Konig (may be an alias)
Known Aliases: the Hunter, the Courier, Devil's Bane, the Breaker
Height: 6'1
Build: Fit
Immunity: Yes (assumed)
Eye color: Grey
Hair color and style: Grey, typically in a swept-back style paired with a beard
Languages: German, Danish, Swedish, has demonstrated knowledge of Latin and the dead language of English.

Clothing: A heavy dark grey duster with an ace of spades symbol on the back, over grey body armor. Wears a helmet/gas mask combo with red eye lenses and a short antenna on the right side. Armor is liberally festooned with bandoliers and containers, and he wears a red scarf at his throat. Carries a dark brown satchel on his back.

Distinguishing Marks: Scar stretching from right eye to mid right head, clearly bullet wound. Bullet scars over left eye, patch over same. Hands show signs of having been mangled by bullet wounds at some point.

Background:
Unknown. First appearance on record is in the Wastes near the Danish border in Y80, gunning down a small gang of Death Worshippers.
From there, Georg has engaged in a variety of tasks, including guard duty, pathfinding, caravan protection, detective work, retrieval missions, bounty hunting, and paramilitary operations. In each, he has demonstrated both high skills in the use of firearms and melee weapons, and an ironclad moral code (details below), the latter of which often leads to trouble.
Confirmed reports of Georg's activities are difficult to come by, given the nature of 'civilization' north of the Regnum, and the most ludicrous can easily be dismissed. However, what can be ascertained is that the man is stubborn and driven to the point of being near-suicidal. There have been at least three reliable kill reports on Georg, and all have been proven false, typically coinciding with the prompt delivery of his would-be killer's head. Georg has survived trolls, Giants, beasts, Death Worshippers, mutants, the entirety of the Empty Mountain's escaped experiments, Regnum assassins, radiation, and murderous clowns, to date. It is believed he either possesses the protection of a deity or some form of magically derived endurance or luck.
As of the last reports, Georg has returned from the town of Frosthill, just north of the Regnum proper. No replies have come from communication attempts to Frosthill, and the town should be assumed destroyed.

Known skills and preferred weapons:
Georg typically prefers to utilize a cartridge conversion of a Remington New Model Army revolver, or a modified PGM Hecate II AMR. He also carries a great variety of knives and explosives, and makes use of both as needed.

Notes: Moral Code:
Georg seems to be a great believer in redemption, allowing guilty criminals to escape or outright ignoring them provided they change their ways. This redemption is only extended once, however, and any who persist in unlawful activities are quickly killed. Georg also seems to harbor a dislike for governmental authority, though he will cooperate willingly if the pay is good.

Notes: Personality and Known History:
Georg seems to possess a dry wit and casual sense of humor when not engaged in combat. He makes frequent references to 'the Divide' and 'that slow-speaking motherf***er'. He does not seem overly concerned by the murder of fellow humans, and in combat and out of it frequently quotes biblical verses, typically those from the Old Testament. He associates these with 'Father Graham', who he apparently considered a mentor.

Further notes: Georg seems to have a home base of some sort, possibly a pre-Rash bunker. It would explain the sheer diversity and quality of weaponry he has wielded.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 04:04:55 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Self-Inserts and OCs
« Reply #5073 on: October 09, 2017, 07:46:24 PM »
It.
Is.
Done.
(tympani go boom-boom boom-boom boooom)
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/27729420
Epilogue.

Edits are still proceeding, but this is now a finished work.  Thank you all for your patience.

* Sunflower weeps with delight.

It's a lovely story!  You gave such wonderful tributes to everyone's OCs!  You even remembered my SSSSona, Sara Hallander, long after I had to abandon her for lack of free time!

May petals always rain down on you in an exquisitely artistic fashion, Wavewright!  Thanks very much. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

WeirdnessUnfolds

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5074 on: November 27, 2017, 04:44:47 AM »
Finally time for my SSSSona, this is gonna be fun, really stoked for rping.

Name: Simon Långström

Nationality: Swedish

Height: 6'

Build: Average, but kind of muscular. Looks more slim-ish due to height.

Immunity: Yes

Eye color : Light blue/grey

Hair color: Light brown, bordering dirty blonde

Haircut : Hair is short and messy, with his bangs almost standing upward in a messy tuft, making his forehead stand out a bit. When it hasn’t been cut for a while, the bangs slump down a bit due to their increased length.

Language(s) Swedish and Icelandic, can understand Norwegian and Danish.

Background: Simon was born in the navy base and coastal city of Karlskrona on the southern coast of Sweden. Due to the city center being located on a few islands with two bridges to them, they are isolated from other dangers, since walls have been built to seal off the islands. The remainder of the swedish navy and the ships that were stationed there have been converted into armed fishing vessels. Lost ships were common in the beginning due to the many different beasts and giants lurking in the waters around the city. It is mainly due to that reason the city was isolated, but contact has been established with Mora, which in turn has made them establish contact with Iceland, Denmark, and Finland. A converted stealth vessel takes passengers to Bornholm, which is quite close, and they can then go to Mora and the rest of the known world from there. As of year 90, direct contact with Mora is limited to trade and military. A cleanser recruitment office has been established, and a project is currently ongoing with the objective to cleanse the peninsula of Vämö and the Bergåsa area.  Simon was a cleanser recruit before contact was established with Mora. These types of cleansers had roughly the same doctrines and ideas as the ones in Mora. However, they were very underdeveloped and had outdated equipment, working from boats and demolishing structures with artillery rather than explosives. 

Clothes: On duty, he wears the standard cleanser uniform, with black undershirt and pants under it. When not on duty, he enjoys wearing Jeans and t-shirts, but that depends on the temperature as well.

Personality: He's a very analytical and logical individual, but he's quite scatter-brained and can sometimes have a hard time concentrating. He is very fond of cats, and is fairly good at making friends, but he's usually in the sidelines of a conversation unless it involves him or is about something he's interested in. He has a good sense of loyality and does what his superiors tell him to do and respect them, but he expects to be respected in return, otherwise he might not enjoy taking orders from them as much. 

Equipment: Standard AK-7B rifle along with concentrated explosive grenades. Usually carries bandages as well.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:37:54 PM by WeirdnessUnfolds »
Native: :sweden:     Fluent : :uk: :sweden:  Comprehend fairly well, written and spoken :norway:  Comprehend fairly well, written: :denmark: :germany:

Chapter break survivor : :chap19::chap20::chap21:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5075 on: November 27, 2017, 02:23:46 PM »
Welcomes to Simon - that's a fascinating focus on those islands you've built there. 
Also, I never gave kudos to Ragnarok for your new OC - as always, you have your worldbuilding quite sussed.  (Once again acknowledges invaluable support from Ragnarok's worldbuilding expertise.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:26:55 PM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

WeirdnessUnfolds

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5076 on: November 27, 2017, 04:35:14 PM »
Welcomes to Simon - that's a fascinating focus on those islands you've built there. 
Also, I never gave kudos to Ragnarok for your new OC - as always, you have your worldbuilding quite sussed.  (Once again acknowledges invaluable support from Ragnarok's worldbuilding expertise.)
  Many thanks! I'm not sure where to start, and I might actually make a map of the islands and surroundings as well. And well, built or built, it's just me thinking about how my neighboorhood would handle it.   
Native: :sweden:     Fluent : :uk: :sweden:  Comprehend fairly well, written and spoken :norway:  Comprehend fairly well, written: :denmark: :germany:

Chapter break survivor : :chap19::chap20::chap21:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5077 on: March 08, 2018, 04:22:51 PM »
Yet another OC, this one for use as a PC if we ever start up a second RP round. Edges into SI territory personality-wise.

Name: Tovek Iasare
Nationality: Swedish
Build: Stocky, but muscular
Immunity: Yes
Height: 6'1
Eye color: Blue.
Hair color: Light brown
Hair style: Best described as 'shrub'.
Languages: Swedish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Finnish. Also capable of reading German, Polish, and English.
Background:
A Mora native, Tovek was deemed unqualified for military service due to his poor eyesight. Partially out of spite, he spent a considerable amount of time and effort in both close-quarters and pistol training, his academic career as a translator of Old World texts suffering as a result. He volunteered for the second expedition, but was barred again due to a rush of applicants. He has finally succeeded in securing a spot in the third.

Clothing: Typically favors a heavy brown coat and a flat cap (also brown).  Wears glasses (round spectacles). Coat has a nearly-uncountable number of interior pockets that he uses to carry a variety of small items.

Personality: Tovek is typically withdrawn and quiet, and given his general appearance many mistake this for surliness. However, if engaged in discussion he grows markedly more animated. Occasionally he grows combative, especially if he sees someone as trying to replace him. However, in most occasions he is a genuinely nice person. Does not believe in the Norse gods but acknowledges that magic is a thing.

Equipment: Carries a Ruger revolver chambered for .357 Magnum, and has been provided with a Army-issue combat knife. Typically has bandages, a couple of pocket dictionaries, and a multi-tool on his person at all times, in addition to the aforementioned menageries of random items.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 04:25:15 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5078 on: March 08, 2018, 09:31:50 PM »
Hair style best described as 'shrub' ...oh my.  Roger the Shrubberer, call your office? 
As always, you spin some vivid OCs!

fija

• Tumblr
  • [slavic folk music playing in the background]
« Reply #5079 on: March 11, 2018, 05:41:00 PM »
This idea is so nice and the thread is incredible! So many creative AND skilled at drawing people, I'm amazed :)
I'm wondering, is the event still open? Or rather: is the thread still alive and I can make a character of my own?
I wish I'd joined sooner ah
is supposed to be fluent: :poland: :uk:
nivel A2 desde hace 3 años: :spain:
actually going smoothly: :japan:
shameful, but bravely trying: :finland:
Это уже русский, или ещё польский? :russia:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5080 on: March 11, 2018, 06:43:36 PM »
This idea is so nice and the thread is incredible! So many creative AND skilled at drawing people, I'm amazed :)
I'm wondering, is the event still open? Or rather: is the thread still alive and I can make a character of my own?
I wish I'd joined sooner ah

You're in luck! We're gathering people for a second round. Stop by the Round 2 Discussion if you want to pitch in.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:46:31 PM by Ragnarok »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5081 on: March 11, 2018, 07:10:03 PM »
Please do join in, the thread does not deserve its current status.  My own SSSSona is a stick-in-the-mud and doesn't go anywhere (like her RL counterpart), but now that OCs are in the mix for a mission, feel free to go nuts.

fija

• Tumblr
  • [slavic folk music playing in the background]
« Reply #5082 on: March 12, 2018, 03:08:02 PM »
Alright! I'll work on my idea then, hopefully it'll make sense. An RP? I'll surely check it out :) I don't think I've ever roleplayed before, hopefully I won't turn everything into a giant mess if I join, haha
is supposed to be fluent: :poland: :uk:
nivel A2 desde hace 3 años: :spain:
actually going smoothly: :japan:
shameful, but bravely trying: :finland:
Это уже русский, или ещё польский? :russia:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5083 on: March 12, 2018, 04:48:02 PM »
Alright! I'll work on my idea then, hopefully it'll make sense. An RP? I'll surely check it out :) I don't think I've ever roleplayed before, hopefully I won't turn everything into a giant mess if I join, haha

Considering the adventure path I have ideas for takes its cue from Fallout, you'll do just fine.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #5084 on: March 19, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »

Dropping in to show off my current sketch of the OC I’m planning to put in the roleplay... haven’t decided on a full name for her yet but if you can decipher my chicken scratch you can get a few hints as to her background and skills :P apologies for the link but photobucket has been mean to me lately and I’m not quite smart enough to fix it on mobile and embed the photo properly  :'D

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y540/Amaranthineamusement/61E3F654-B8F5-4286-8245-09FEFCB99C6B_zpshsq4b3k3.jpeg
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man