Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 832668 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Insert Art
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2015, 05:47:25 PM »
Okay, I've moved stuff around on my 'to draw' list, and I've drawn the initial linework for my SSSSona. Should be able to finish it up tomorrow or Monday, if I remember. :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 06:10:30 PM »
What a wonderful crew! I like your "oh-god-why" face  ;)
And I join you guys in some sense... As a feline trainer :3

1) aah thanks!! i will nope my way through the postapocalypse

2)

YOUR FELINE TRAINER IS FANTASTIC

SQUEALS THIS IS SO CUTE. YOU HAVE ME PERFECTLY HOW DID YOU DO THIS MAGIC AND I LOVE THE DYNAMIC OF THE TEAM ALREADY. WORST BEST TEAM EVER AND NOW I WANT TO DRAW IT TOO
!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M SO HAPPY YOU LIKE IT
(it's unicorn magic)

I can't wait for everyone's promised au selves, and the rapid growth of the worst best ragtag team of all time and all the drawings everyone will do it's gonna be ~*an adventure*~
(yes, I am looking expectantly at you, Piney.)

also, Gwenno, thanks for the nice words!!!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 06:12:43 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »
(yes, I am looking expectantly at you, Piney.)

eheheh, this is normally where I would talk myself down, but I drew a weapon for the first time in my life and I'm kind of proud. :D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:37:59 AM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2015, 07:37:16 PM »
ALL RIGHT since there are more crew members to come eventually, I decided to just do some Serious Sketches instead.
here we are

In order: Koalalou, me, Curry, AquaAurion (+ Jabberwocky the cat), DancingRanger ~

uh it's a little messy so maybe it's hard to see what exactly is going on, but. i think we're about to enter some Possibly troll-infested building or something. on top of some stairs apparently. (idk what happened to the composition when I was gonna draw in dancingranger's guy but he was suddenly too short ehehehe sorry)
I hope I didn't mess up anyone's personlities too badly!!

also first (very quick) attempt at drawing you guys:

Beautiful. Very accurate. My old friends said that I always looked half-awake, or in thought. But lately I seem a little bipolar. At work I'm almost like Tuuri, excitible, and full of energy, off work I retreat to my true personality. So I kinda change personality depending on what's going on.

Now random question: if you're handed a carved totem/rune-like object with a mumbled 'I carved this for you' what would your reaction be?
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2015, 07:49:33 PM »
Now random question: if you're handed a carved totem/rune-like object with a mumbled 'I carved this for you' what would your reaction be?

basically

(I don't even have to pretend, my friend literally carved me a set of runes
)

glad you like it btw!!
i also. really need to sleep now. gnight folks
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2015, 09:20:08 PM »
Um... do you energetic young adventurers need a friendly librarian/scholar-type to load you up with info?  Would somebody be willing to draw me sitting behind a desk overloaded with stacks of paper?  I'm so envious of all your cute pictures!  I'd play along, except I can't draw at all.

I can only pay in imaginary cake (although I'm on the point of mastering Latvian saffron yeasted coffee-cake IRL), but I'd be forever in your debt (for a given value of "debt"). 

In the Known World I don't think I'd be adventuring.  I'm older than Taru and have a bum knee that sometimes bends the wrong way, so like her I'd be dead immediately.  But I love the thought of wearing some of those fancy Mora-style clothes and sitting behind a great big desk with a great big typewriter.

There's a picture of me on the "How do you look?" thread, but I can upload a mugshot if that helps.

No worries if other priorities intervene....  I know it's kind of vain to ask at all...  :-[

"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2015, 09:34:19 PM »
Um... do you energetic young adventurers need a friendly librarian/scholar-type to load you up with info?  Would somebody be willing to draw me sitting behind a desk overloaded with stacks of paper?  I'm so envious of all your cute pictures!  I'd play along, except I can't draw at all.

I can only pay in imaginary cake (although I'm on the point of mastering Latvian saffron yeasted coffee-cake IRL), but I'd be forever in your debt (for a given value of "debt"). 

In the Known World I don't think I'd be adventuring.  I'm older than Taru and have a bum knee that sometimes bends the wrong way, so like her I'd be dead immediately.  But I love the thought of wearing some of those fancy Mora-style clothes and sitting behind a great big desk with a great big typewriter.

There's a picture of me on the "How do you look?" thread, but I can upload a mugshot if that helps.

No worries if other priorities intervene....  I know it's kind of vain to ask at all...  :-[

I'd be glad to!! I have absolutely nothing to do rn and I've kind of already been drawing all of our OCs and if you don't mind my wonky style that would be hecka swecka?? Do you have a link to the picture or should I start searching now?
YEET

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 09:58:24 PM »

Sure! Hope you don't mind my lined paper, I have nothing else. And I can't find printer paper at any of the local stores. . .what's up with that?
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 10:06:06 PM »
I did pictures! I cheated a bit since I can't draw to save my life (case in point: my derp cats), but at least I made something!

First is a picture of me in my adventure outfit! Those are goggles, and not a superhero-mask, but still xD I'm not in the same crew as Minna's crew, so apparently my crew-outfit is looking different.
The second picture is me at home. I'm a Skald, so of course I'm going to be surrounded by books! Also a map of the Known World since I'm very curious about it (why else would I join the research-team to travel into the unknown?). There's also my two grade C-cats, who are mostly there just to show how bad I am at drawing xD

This was fun, I'll never do anything like it again! *dies a little*

Edit: Since everyone's doing bios, here's mine!
Sara "Windy" Vikander
Nationality: ……..Swede
Area of birth: ……..Mora
Immunity: ……..Yes
Profession: ……..Academic: Skald
Languages: :sweden: :iceland:

Also, I of course understand :norway: and :denmark: (if they speak slow and clear) and after finding some books in the old world-language I also learned to read :uk:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 06:32:24 AM by Windfighter »
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2015, 10:31:03 PM »
I did pictures! I cheated a bit since I can't draw to save my life (case in point: my derp cats), but at least I made something!

First is a picture of me in my adventure outfit! Those are goggles, and not a superhero-mask, but still xD I'm not in the same crew as Minna's crew, so apparently my crew-outfit is looking different.
The second picture is me at home. I'm a Skald, so of course I'm going to be surrounded by books! Also a map of the Known World since I'm very curious about it (why else would I join the research-team to travel into the unknown?). There's also my two grade C-cats, who are mostly there just to show how bad I am at drawing xD

This was fun, I'll never do anything like it again! *dies a little*

That's so cute! I love your grade C cats okay. Guess who's gonna draw you like right now. Spoiler alert: it's me.
YEET

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2015, 10:37:41 PM »
ALL RIGHT since there are more crew members to come eventually, I decided to just do some Serious Sketches instead.
here we are

In order: Koalalou, me, Curry, AquaAurion (+ Jabberwocky the cat), DancingRanger ~

uh it's a little messy so maybe it's hard to see what exactly is going on, but. i think we're about to enter some Possibly troll-infested building or something. on top of some stairs apparently. (idk what happened to the composition when I was gonna draw in dancingranger's guy but he was suddenly too short ehehehe sorry)
I hope I didn't mess up anyone's personlities too badly!!

also first (very quick) attempt at drawing you guys:

These look awesome! I'm liking the group dynamic we've got going on here ^^

What a wonderful crew! I like your "oh-god-why" face  ;)
And I join you guys in some sense... As a feline trainer :3

This is such a different and creative ssss-sona, I love it! And that hat <3

Yay, another skald! =D I actually skimmed through the comic to get a grasp of the clothing style and the straps + zigzag pattern seems pretty universal in Minna-verse, so I imagine our crew doesn't have an uniform and people just took whatever clothes they had ^^
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:20:29 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2015, 10:46:39 PM »
Yay, another skald! =D I actually skimmed through the comic to get a grasp of the clothing style and the straps + zigzag pattern seems pretty universal in Minna-verse, so I imagine our crew doesn't have an uniform and people just took whatever clothes they had ^^

Personally, I was just like "Okay, I can't draw, let's do something really simple" :P At least there's leather and a black collar! I would have loved to add all the stuff, but that would have just been a mess and I would have given up before I actually got somewhere ^^'

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »
Personally, I was just like "Okay, I can't draw, let's do something really simple" :P At least there's leather and a black collar! I would have loved to add all the stuff, but that would have just been a mess and I would have given up before I actually got somewhere ^^'

I think it looks good! I  actually like the fact that all of us have different uniforms, it makes the team feel haphazardly thrown toghether xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2015, 11:00:49 PM »
I think it looks good! I  actually like the fact that all of us have different uniforms, it makes the team feel haphazardly thrown toghether xD
Me too. Worst best team for life :p
YEET

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2015, 11:02:02 PM »
...Maybe we're all in different teams, we just haven't realized it yet!
Actually, I think the team I'm supposed to be in consists of a bunch of scientists from Mora. I'm just tagging along to record their process. I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere, which is why I ended up with you guys :P