Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484023 times)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9300 on: March 19, 2016, 03:48:31 PM »
Can you imagine Emil omfg. This is an au we need and deserve and now i kinda want to draw it bye
Yes please please do that xD

"Sometimes the birds help if it gets too tangled"
Love it  :))
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #9301 on: March 19, 2016, 04:00:39 PM »
Jureeya Oh my gosh, such adorable Reynirs! I didn't know "draw your fave in your clothes" was a thing, but now that I know...let's just say there will be some art of Reynir and Tuuri in hipster librarian clothes appearing soon. Possibly Emil too, because it's literally impossible for me to have just one favorite character.

Unlos I still can't get over the birds helping with his hair, it makes me so happy you drew that! And I realized I forgot to post my half of the swap! Here is another Knight Tuuri. :)

I now have this half-formed idea of a pre-Reypunzel story where Sir Tuuri earns her first sword, helped along the way by a talking owl (who worries all the time) and a talking lynx (who would like to be left alone to sleep) so they ended up in the drawing too.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #9302 on: March 19, 2016, 05:36:05 PM »
Sectoboss, Kiraly, thank you! Kiraly, knightly Tuuri is so sweet and sprightly, and I think you capture that happy, energetic mood of the canon Tuuri both in your AU and in these pictures. I love doing art trades so much, and I'm looking forward to working on the ones I still have lined up :D

The art trade with Róisín, a picture for a poem, turned into a collaboration. She asked for Lalli in a contemplative mood, maybe up in a tree, while I asked for a spring-themed poem. This happened, and when it was finished, I realized that only a few days remained before the night and day are the (almost) same length so I waited to post it until now. I'm not sitting up until 5:30am to have it exactly on time though.
I love working with Róisín so much, and the poem gives me goosebumps when I read it, it is so perfect for the mood I wanted.
Equinox:

I'm putting this in the poetry thread as well, as it belongs both places.

EDIT: Click for larger version
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 04:21:29 AM by Unlos »

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9303 on: March 19, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »

Beautiful imagery befitting a beautiful poem. It makes me feel so serene.  ^-^
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9304 on: March 19, 2016, 06:00:04 PM »
The art trade with Róisín, a picture for a poem, turned into a collaboration. She asked for Lalli in a contemplative mood, maybe up in a tree, while I asked for a spring-themed poem. This happened, and when it was finished, I realized that only a few days remained before the night and day are the (almost) same length so I waited to post it until now. I'm not sitting up until 5:30am to have it exactly on time though.
I love working with Róisín so much, and the poem gives me goosebumps when I read it, it is so perfect for the mood I wanted.
Equinox:

/SQUEAK

This is gorgeous. And with the poetry too, ahhhh *_* You and Róisín make for an amazing duo.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9305 on: March 19, 2016, 07:02:21 PM »

*Quotes my own post to post a new version of the previous post*
S/o to people who thought I could control myself and not make a (non-)bloody version. Seriously though, I'm in love with the idea that using magic might actually hurt the mages. More of that pls.

Lalli: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/141333892488/me-makes-drawing-where-it-is-thematically
Reynir: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/141334554663/i-dont-like-this-one-as-much-which-is-why-im
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 08:24:35 PM by Jureeya »
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #9306 on: March 19, 2016, 08:19:24 PM »
Jureeya: those are strangely beautiful, and beautifully strange! And I do think that magic costs them, and may well hurt to use. I always thought of making  magic as like making art or music - sort of ecstatically painful. It seems to run off life-force, so that image of Reynir 'bleeding sunlight' may cut close to the bone.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #9307 on: March 19, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »
Based on pg 495's weekend cliffhanger: What could go wrong??

Gosh there is so much amazing art here! 0_0 I'd quote it all but I'm on mobile ;-;

Hee hee!  These are great!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
« Reply #9308 on: March 19, 2016, 09:47:45 PM »
*Quotes my own post to post a new version of the previous post*
S/o to people who thought I could control myself and not make a (non-)bloody version. Seriously though, I'm in love with the idea that using magic might actually hurt the mages. More of that pls.

Lalli: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/141333892488/me-makes-drawing-where-it-is-thematically
Reynir: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/141334554663/i-dont-like-this-one-as-much-which-is-why-im
I've seen these on Tumblr, and I love them all so much! I especially love the contrast, Lalli with the night and Reynir with the daytime, as well as the concept of magic taking its toll on them. Wonderful work, Jureeya! :D

And so many amazing artworks posted since my last visit here! Beautiful, beautiful poem and art, Róisín and Unlos! :)
♫ ♪ Sharing secrets with another world
Rubbing shoulders with some unknown lovers
♪ ♫
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
AO3 (Mageverse) | Twitter | Tumblr
Fluent: :usa:
Various degrees of fluency: :arableague: :mexico: :japan: :italy:
Now acquiring: :germany:
Wishlist: :iceland::finland:
O

|Yucca|

« Reply #9309 on: March 19, 2016, 10:57:22 PM »
Based on pg 495's weekend cliffhanger: What could go wrong??

Gosh there is so much amazing art here! 0_0 I'd quote it all but I'm on mobile ;-;

These cracked me up real good.

All the awesome art just keeps coming. Blanket appreciation to all the rest of you!

--

I felt like drawing something and figured what would it be tonight. Then I remembered Emil was out there alone with the flamethrower. We all know what's gonna happen next, right?

I barely survived:
:chap5:  :book2:  :book3:  :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9310 on: March 19, 2016, 11:08:37 PM »
Equinox:

Oh my, this is amazing! Both words and and art - I'm having a hard time expressing how much I love this. It's definitely worth looking at up close. :)

I felt like drawing something and figured what would it be tonight. Then I remembered Emil was out there alone with the flamethrower. We all know what's gonna happen next, right?

I'm very much in love with the comic's current colour scheme in combination with Emil and you captured it so well!! Also, FIRE! :D

Here is another Knight Tuuri. :)

I now have this half-formed idea of a pre-Reypunzel story where Sir Tuuri earns her first sword, helped along the way by a talking owl (who worries all the time) and a talking lynx (who would like to be left alone to sleep) so they ended up in the drawing too.
I like that idea very much! And the picture, too. :3

Also thanks to everyone who commented on my art! I don't really post my thanks cause I don't want to clutter the thread but I read and appreciate all of it! It's so nice to make art for a community as creative and enthusiastic as this one. <3
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

shoop

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • sup homes
« Reply #9311 on: March 20, 2016, 01:02:26 AM »
ahhh i've caught up on the last few pages and I'm loving everything here <3 All these good sigruns. Unlos your handwriting is kind of ridiculous??? I've been staring at it for the past few minutes like 'it........it has to be printed'

Here's one of the results from my stream earlier todayyy

all hail the mechanics princess

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #9312 on: March 20, 2016, 01:25:18 AM »
Here's one of the results from my stream earlier todayyy

all hail the mechanics princess
That's so cute, you captured Turri's undying enthusiasm perfectly.

I really do wish that I could go back and comment on all of the breathtaking art that has been posted lately, but in order to save some space I would like to say that each and everyone of you are doing wonderful work that never cease to amaze me and that you are all awesome!^-^
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 01:31:10 AM by Puls3 »
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #9313 on: March 20, 2016, 02:19:12 AM »
Ana, Yuu, Letizia, Dverghamrar, Tamaerchen: thank you!
Yucca: Flamethrower Emil yess!!
Unlos your handwriting is kind of ridiculous??? I've been staring at it for the past few minutes like 'it........it has to be printed'

Cute Tuuri! And hee, observant of you!
Spoiler: It is myscriptfont • show
It is not my handwriting but my approximation of Minnas ssss-font, drawn on a form and uploaded to myscriptfont, which makes magic happen and turns that form into a workable font. Writing digitally and evenly is just ugugh impossible, so this was made for the forum advent calendar projectwhen I gave up on writing that long poem prettily and evenly

EDIT: Jureeya, your Lalli and Reynir are gorgeous! I admire your art so much, so clean and pretty.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 04:12:49 AM by Unlos »

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • rambler of headcanons spouter of ideas
  • Preferred pronouns: (she/her) please don't call me dude, that's all.
« Reply #9314 on: March 20, 2016, 05:54:41 AM »
Sectoboss, Kiraly, thank you! Kiraly, knightly Tuuri is so sweet and sprightly, and I think you capture that happy, energetic mood of the canon Tuuri both in your AU and in these pictures. I love doing art trades so much, and I'm looking forward to working on the ones I still have lined up :D

Equinox:

EDIT: Click for larger version

I'm- ... *lies on the floor and makes incoherent noises* <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Languages:
fluent: :switzerland: :germany: :france: :uk:
knows: :vaticancity:, ancient :greece:
learned some: :japan:
can read to some extent: :italy: :spain: etc.
wants to learn: :finland:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: