Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483728 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9225 on: March 15, 2016, 03:33:16 PM »
urbicande I enjoy your drawing even though I don't know the reference, it's a very devious Sigrun (or Sigrun cosplayer) you have there.

You aren't familiar with the Moomins?  Oooh, have you got a treat waiting for you!  (My personal favorite is Moominland Midwinter.)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #9226 on: March 15, 2016, 04:59:38 PM »
I wanted to do this today..... but I just woke up, and you did it first xD

well, what am I going to draw now.....
DRAW IT PLZ. I really want to see it done in Martti style. Plus there's like lots of stuff I messed up, which I'm sure you'll automatically cover cos you do comics...more...?
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #9227 on: March 15, 2016, 06:27:58 PM »
Urbicande: Moominland Midwinter is my favourite too. I loved the Squirrel With the Marvellous Tail, and Moomintroll growing up a little, and the beach house in the ice, and Little My, and the Groke, and the whole meditation on life and death and time and family which is such a delight to find in a childrens' book.

Does anyone remember, way back early in the art thread, some genius drew Lalli as Snufkin? I can't find it again, sadly, so dunno if it's still there.

Kiraly, if you don't know the Moomin books, they're a treasure. Finnish kids books involving a family of Finnish trolls, the rustic-Finland type, not the Rash type. I believe there are even movies?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #9228 on: March 15, 2016, 07:28:46 PM »
You aren't familiar with the Moomins?  Oooh, have you got a treat waiting for you!  (My personal favorite is Moominland Midwinter.)

Ah! I've heard of Moomins (mostly since joining the forum here, I think) but haven't actually looked into it. I'll have to add them to my to-be-read list!

Urbicande: Moominland Midwinter is my favourite too. I loved the Squirrel With the Marvellous Tail, and Moomintroll growing up a little, and the beach house in the ice, and Little My, and the Groke, and the whole meditation on life and death and time and family which is such a delight to find in a childrens' book.

Does anyone remember, way back early in the art thread, some genius drew Lalli as Snufkin? I can't find it again, sadly, so dunno if it's still there.

Kiraly, if you don't know the Moomin books, they're a treasure. Finnish kids books involving a family of Finnish trolls, the rustic-Finland type, not the Rash type. I believe there are even movies?

Are you thinking of this art by mad-robin? (I feel like I saw it on the thread first, but it was easier to find on Tumblr than digging around here.)
Edit: Or this, apparently mad-robin has done a couple of Moomins/SSSS crossovers.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:30:38 PM by Kiraly »
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

« Reply #9229 on: March 15, 2016, 10:15:59 PM »
No, but both of those are beautiful! The one I'm thinking of was in colour, and had Lalli/Snufkin standing in a wild landscape by a bridge. The picture here with Lalli/Snufkin and Emil/Moomintroll made me laugh! I always liked Snufkin (he's the philosophical-minded migratory one who doesn't hibernate but comes and goes with the seasons, and is Moomintroll's best friend.) My kids loved the books when they were little. And Sigrun makes a wonderful Little My.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #9230 on: March 15, 2016, 11:54:40 PM »
Ah! I've heard of Moomins (mostly since joining the forum here, I think) but haven't actually looked into it. I'll have to add them to my to-be-read list!

Are you thinking of this art by mad-robin? (I feel like I saw it on the thread first, but it was easier to find on Tumblr than digging around here.)
Edit: Or this, apparently mad-robin has done a couple of Moomins/SSSS crossovers.

Indeed. Mikkel as Too-Ticky is brilliant. (I saw the first (with Lalli as Snufkin and Moominemil on the forum some time ago)

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Róisín

« Reply #9231 on: March 16, 2016, 12:45:52 AM »
Mikkel as Too-Ticky? Heh. Has someone drawn that? But then who would be the Hemulen?

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #9232 on: March 16, 2016, 10:25:15 AM »
*sneaks in with a drawing* I was feeling anxious for no reason (or at least no reason I could figure out) last night, so I drew this.

Apparently drawing comfort fluff can be a comforting act in itself, because I actually did feel better after drawing it.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #9233 on: March 16, 2016, 10:34:01 AM »
Mikkel as Too-Ticky? Heh. Has someone drawn that? But then who would be the Hemulen?
Mad Robin did! I would find the link to it if I was not typing from my phone. And Captain Madsen would be Hemulen. Or one of his uncles. And Torbjørn would probably be Sniff.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:38:13 AM by Unlos »

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9234 on: March 16, 2016, 10:40:45 AM »
*sneaks in with a drawing* I was feeling anxious for no reason (or at least no reason I could figure out) last night, so I drew this.

Apparently drawing comfort fluff can be a comforting act in itself, because I actually did feel better after drawing it.

This is very sweet < 3 Sigh I love your style so much. : D
(And I'm glad drawing it helped you feel better)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9235 on: March 16, 2016, 11:09:28 AM »
Mad Robin did! I would find the link to it if I was not typing from my phone. And Captain Madsen would be Hemulen. Or one of his uncles. And Torbjørn would probably be Sniff.

Here:
Uh-oh, how long was I gone? Ten years? A thousand years?
Anyway, a couple of unread pages for me tonight wheee! (a couple = 20 or more) 
As for me, honestly I didn't want to draw anything, I have too much important things to do, I'm so darn busy person.  But today I am really mad at everything so I need something super effective to cheer me up. Like Lally or Snufkin. Or all at once.

And good news for me: Helia's adorable Emil can help me much better (✿。✿) Such a cute little one, oh my god!
Ahhh, don't know why, but blue-haired Lalli makes me sooo happy!  :D

And my contribution. Moomil and Too-Mikkel. Unexpectedly, isn't it? No?

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #9236 on: March 16, 2016, 02:19:58 PM »
This is very sweet < 3 Sigh I love your style so much. : D
(And I'm glad drawing it helped you feel better)

Thanks Yuu!

(Also, thanks to this thread I just placed a hold on every Moomins book my library system has, haha.)

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #9237 on: March 16, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »
Thanks Yuu!

(Also, thanks to this thread I just placed a hold on every Moomins book my library system has, haha.)

Excellent!  I suspect you're going to enjoy them a lot.

Róisín

« Reply #9238 on: March 16, 2016, 07:11:39 PM »
Great! I think you'll enjoy them.

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9239 on: March 16, 2016, 10:56:41 PM »
Elleth and I were discussing our allergies Onni headcanons earlier today and one thing led to another...

Well, I better go tend to my allergies now...
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~