Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483660 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9180 on: March 13, 2016, 12:28:16 AM »
Oh.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

shoop

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • sup homes
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9181 on: March 13, 2016, 01:19:12 AM »
I just posted on the new board for the first time (!!!!) but since obviously not everyone is over there I have a SFW version too. Actually it's pretty bloody so it might not be completely sfw but there's no nudity sO

Under the cut for more blood than usual

Ahhhh!!!! I saw this in the NSFW board and both versions are amazing!!!! (My sister's looking over my shoulder and she loves the dresss)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9182 on: March 13, 2016, 01:53:43 AM »
Pretty pretty badass lady! I'm sort of seeing her as taking on 300 sealbeasts or something to get covered that much in gore. Just a regular day at the beach?

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9183 on: March 13, 2016, 04:41:40 AM »
Why do I keep posting things like this in this art thread?? It's not even really Museum Material X''D
But anyway, so I was thinking about the incoming Chapter Break, and the breaks in general, and how whenever SSSS comes back after a break or even a weekend I always involuntarily hear "Everybody" by the Backstreet Boys ;__;
And I was thinking of trying to draw something proper and thought out etc and save it for the end of a chapter break..... but I couldn't help myself and drew these doodles instead. The likelihood of me ever redrawing this idea now is very very low XD so if it takes anyone's fancy, please do it. Do it.
Werewolf Sigrun!

Mummy Emil! Look at these A Grade quality trolls U__U

Phantom Tuuri!

Lizard Doctor Mikkel!

Vampire Reynir!

And Näkki/Mermaid/Well Creature/I dont know Lalli!

I never even really liked the Backstreet Boys what is this. Also, if you have no idea what these drawings are, or want to know what inspired this madness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M6samPEMpM
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 04:50:31 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9184 on: March 13, 2016, 04:43:45 AM »
A couple of fun things came up in the "You know you're an SSSS addict when..." and the "Comic Update Chitchat" threads that needed to be illustrated. I thought I'd post them here as well:

One was based on the idea that when Emil has to clean the bathroom in Kiraly's Hipster Band AU fic, he'll do so wearing a shower cap and pink rubber gloves:

I wish my coloured pencils weren't on another continent... I still can't draw hands.

And because I first thought the "please draw this" was Reynir and Emil singing R U Mine?:

Lalli just woke up and is not prepared for this. But Emil always does weird things, so he's not too bothered.

The other thing was what the crew will do now in order to fight the watcher giant:

Why not both? Have Emil blasting the flamethrower while hanging onto the side of the charging tank - Mad Max: Silent World. :D

Elleth pointed out that there is a gun on the roof and Sigrun should be manning it. (She jumped off a tentacle or something to get there, don’t question the Sgru.)

And then Elleth did something even more amazing and coloured the thing!! Feast your eyes on this glory (and Emil's hair):

Enjoy! :D
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #9185 on: March 13, 2016, 05:45:16 AM »
BRILLIANT
:'D :'D :'D :'D :'D :'D :'D

Now to get that stupid song out of my head!  Of course eight year old me from the past approves  8)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9186 on: March 13, 2016, 06:14:26 AM »
Anyway if you remember me kvetching a couple pages ago about that one lineart, I got around to coloring and drawing a background for it and now I don't know if I'm satisfied or I just want to stop thinking about it.
I realized I hadn't said yet how impressing it is. It even reminds me some more classical subjects in painting :)

(And this Reynir is just wow <3)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #9187 on: March 13, 2016, 08:14:25 AM »
Thanks everyone! your comments are the entire reason i keep making art hahhh

I just posted on the new board for the first time (!!!!) but since obviously not everyone is over there I have a SFW version too. Actually it's pretty bloody so it might not be completely sfw but there's no nudity sO

Under the cut for more blood than usual

You know me. Bloody Sigrun=yes please!

Why do I keep posting things like this in this art thread?? It's not even really Museum Material X''D
But anyway, so I was thinking about the incoming Chapter Break, and the breaks in general, and how whenever SSSS comes back after a break or even a weekend I always involuntarily hear "Everybody" by the Backstreet Boys ;__;
And I was thinking of trying to draw something proper and thought out etc and save it for the end of a chapter break..... but I couldn't help myself and drew these doodles instead. The likelihood of me ever redrawing this idea now is very very low XD so if it takes anyone's fancy, please do it. Do it.
Werewolf Sigrun!

Mummy Emil! Look at these A Grade quality trolls U__U

Phantom Tuuri!

Lizard Doctor Mikkel!

Vampire Reynir!

And Näkki/Mermaid/Well Creature/I dont know Lalli!

I never even really liked the Backstreet Boys what is this. Also, if you have no idea what these drawings are, or want to know what inspired this madness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M6samPEMpM

OMG. Just... OMG. I actually got this. Without needing to click on the link. I feel old... Also I really want to see this music video with the SSSS crew now...

The other thing was what the crew will do now in order to fight the watcher giant:

Elleth pointed out that there is a gun on the roof and Sigrun should be manning it. (She jumped off a tentacle or something to get there, don’t question the Sgru.)

And then Elleth did something even more amazing and coloured the thing!! Feast your eyes on this glory (and Emil's hair):

Enjoy! :D

Yaaaaaaaas. Yes I have been wanting this crossover. (Also find it disturbingly easy to picture Sigrun as a War Boy, so...)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

cati

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • ≁❀ | aguacatillo
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her(s)
« Reply #9188 on: March 13, 2016, 02:43:08 PM »
Wahhh I fell so many pages behind on this thread, but I've caught myself up and you people are all amazing
 ლζ*♡ε♡*ζლ
Native: :uk: :spain:
Can use without dying of self-consciousness: :uk:
Read: :faroe: :norway: Old Icelandic, Old English
Just enough for Eurovision coverage: :sweden:
Guiltily need to get back to studying, please slap me with an appropriate wet fish: :finland: :japan:
Unintended surprising partial osmosis: :estonia: :denmark:

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9189 on: March 13, 2016, 03:01:48 PM »
I realized I hadn't said yet how impressing it is. It even reminds me some more classical subjects in painting :)
(And this Reynir is just wow <3)

<33333 ! !

@ Shoop, Unlos, Lazy8 Thank you as well!!
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
« Reply #9190 on: March 13, 2016, 03:17:42 PM »
aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ALL OF THESE ARE SO CUTE A++++++++++++++
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #9191 on: March 13, 2016, 09:33:52 PM »
I think I didn't post these here.... more of my postcard doodles.

Also, Owl, I love it when you post your doodles. They always make me laugh. :)
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #9192 on: March 13, 2016, 11:53:33 PM »
Morning everyone

(Original: Aqui)

Is that chest pain? Am I dying of love for this artwork? Am I overwhelmed by my ginger love?

:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9193 on: March 14, 2016, 12:12:22 AM »
Is that chest pain? Am I dying of love for this artwork? Am I overwhelmed by my ginger love?

<3 <3 <3 !!!!
Thank you!! There will definitely be more of him from me
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9194 on: March 14, 2016, 02:07:35 AM »
OrigamiOwl, these are great! So much fun! :)
starfallz, I think I've seen these before somewhere but they're still adorable and go together so well!

I've been working on a short fic about Aino and Saku coming to terms with the situation in the first weeks of the rash and comforting each other and illustrated a scene from it:

I have a ton of crayons and broad felt-tip pens but nothing to colour nicely. D:
So, here's the lineart in case the coloured version is too awful to look at:
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~