Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484617 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9165 on: March 11, 2016, 02:32:53 AM »
I was thinking of trying the tarot cards thing, or something, but I thought this planning sketch (I never do planning sketches ;-; unless I have to like, arrange and fit things like I might plan to, so this is rare owl "planning" o_o) looked kinda fluffy. Ignore the scribbled idea lines <_<
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9166 on: March 11, 2016, 03:54:35 AM »
@Laufey He has it in one one of the Gumroad wallpapers!

@Roisin Please
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #9167 on: March 11, 2016, 05:01:20 AM »
Laufey and Jureeya: if Jureeya doesn't mind my doing so, I'll run with it. I have an Idea.

But it may not be for a month or two, both because I'm working on something for the fic exchange which will be looong, and because out in the mundane world I'm rushing into my busiest season of the year, unexpectedly early. We've just had the first rains of the Autumn break here, hopefully also signalling some relief from a years-long drought. Which means that the wild plants and fungi are springing up, and I'm being swamped with requests to do foraging and cooking workshops. I'll take whatever I can, because I have a mortgage and it's fun and keeps my hand in. There is also the Mediaeval Fair and the English Ale coming up in May, both of which need a deal of preparation, so writing may take a back seat for awhile.

But I won't forget, and will work on it in the gaps.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9168 on: March 11, 2016, 05:39:47 AM »
Laufey and Jureeya: if Jureeya doesn't mind my doing so, I'll run with it. I have an Idea.

But it may not be for a month or two, both because I'm working on something for the fic exchange which will be looong

YAY! I completely forgot that you took part in the exchange! =)

As for the pictures ... All this beautiful, beautiful art here. I love it! And I thank you all for creating and posting this and make everyday life a bit more shiny for it. <3
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #9169 on: March 11, 2016, 08:09:41 AM »
...Almost 10 gorgeous pages of new art since my last comment here. So much good stuff!
Martti (very cool!), Tamaerchen (welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you! Those microns look very tempting indeed), Owl (ohmygosh those cute trolls and your glorious comic timing!), Curry (haah, so much yes!), Jureeya (the amount of amazing stunning art from you is astonishing arglbrgh), Frenci (your animations are so sweet, and shows so much patience! I mean how many frames go into a gif like that?), Antillanka (More Onnifeels! Always! Your art is so cute and sensitive), Blackberryblossoms (cool Sigrun doodle, she can do majestic as well as goofball, can't she), Piney (poor Reynirmom, I think she needed that hug at least as much as him. I love the shading on this!), Barbarylion (hah, I wonder if will see any more of these spindly ballet-dancer-trolls?), Kiraly (so cute, and I really like your soft pencil-shading. The hair on that Reynir!), Helia (aww, rough night for the babysitter), Loki (great Reynir for the swap! I like how you did the watercolors)

Aaah I want to draw something but I have aart blockk. Will anyone pity me and do an art trade (or just send me a request, if you don't want to draw anything?) They are so much fun to do!

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #9170 on: March 11, 2016, 08:13:01 AM »
Anyway if you remember me kvetching a couple pages ago about that one lineart, I got around to coloring and drawing a background for it and now I don't know if I'm satisfied or I just want to stop thinking about it.

also there's no bloody version??? who am i anymore.

(huffffff forum eats quality go to tumblr>>>>: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/140842484583/it-is-done-hooooooo-boy-look-at-that)

Well that is beautiful.

The story I keep seeing is Reynir being chosen by our Goddess Emperor of the Universe for some sort of important task.

Sigrun: "Eh, you'll do."
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9171 on: March 11, 2016, 08:33:07 AM »
...Loki (great Reynir for the swap! I like how you did the watercolors)

Aaah I want to draw something but I have aart blockk. Will anyone pity me and do an art trade (or just send me a request, if you don't want to draw anything?) They are so much fun to do!

ehehehhehe THANK YOU except i didnt use watercolors i used colored pencils X3

good luck with your art block, i've been there far too many times.  how about the crew uhhh *spins wheel of mundane activities* running for president? what would they look like giving an official speech
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9172 on: March 11, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »

I'd love to do an art trade again! It's fun and I'm facing a 4-day weekend  :)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9173 on: March 11, 2016, 11:04:27 AM »
Jureeya you continue to floor me. I'll just never get up, okay.

OrigamiOwl I love your style. And I love the way you drew Emil's hair. It looks so fluffable. ^^
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9174 on: March 11, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »

also there's no bloody version??? who am i anymore.

(huffffff forum eats quality go to tumblr>>>>: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/140842484583/it-is-done-hooooooo-boy-look-at-that)

*O* WOW! There has been a lot of amazing artwork on here recently, but this! This is amazing!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #9175 on: March 11, 2016, 02:24:39 PM »
Wow, the colored version looks amazing Jureeya! And you did a fantastic job with the background, it definitely has a dream world kind of feel to it. (Also the pose somehow reminds me of Michelangelo's Creation of Adam, it has the same sort of epic quality. If that makes any sense.)

OrigamiOwl I love that Emil sketch! There's something really appealing about it, and I like the scratchy lines.

And thanks Unlos! I'm at a bit of an art standstill right now too, so if you want to swap again I'd be up for it! (I just have to think of something to request, haha.)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #9176 on: March 12, 2016, 06:27:57 AM »
ehehehhehe THANK YOU except i didnt use watercolors i used colored pencils X3

good luck with your art block, i've been there far too many times.  how about the crew uhhh *spins wheel of mundane activities* running for president? what would they look like giving an official speech
wha - colored pencils? The colors are so smooth, I don't see the lines! Nice :) And thanks for the prompt!

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9177 on: March 12, 2016, 08:43:50 AM »
Nowt special, but I had some colouring things with me while on the train today, and I'm really excited to see Emil do some badassery soooooooooo..........

Jureeya - Heeeeeeee! That's friking gorgeous! (not to mention that those two are my faves :P ) These two really need some more art together and this was such a creative way to show them  :))
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9178 on: March 12, 2016, 05:01:43 PM »
Nowt special, but I had some colouring things with me while on the train today, and I'm really excited to see Emil do some badassery soooooooooo..........

I love how everyone's so into Emil torching things at the moment! :D

That's the face an adorable pyromaniac. And I love the colours as well and howthey play on his clothing!
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9179 on: March 12, 2016, 11:26:27 PM »
Thanks everyone! your comments are the entire reason i keep making art hahhh

I've just posted on the new board for the first time (!!!!) but since obviously not everyone is over there I have a SFW version too. Actually it's pretty bloody so it might not be completely sfw but there's no nudity so

Under the cut for more blood than usual

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:44:29 PM by Jureeya »
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<