Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483847 times)

blackberryblossoms

• Tumblr
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9105 on: March 05, 2016, 06:31:29 PM »
Long time no seeeeeeeeeee! Here's a quick Sigrun being majestic and regal doodle
:usa: native
:japan: learning
:sweden: learning
:chap9: Chapter break survivor

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #9106 on: March 05, 2016, 09:13:04 PM »
Long time no seeeeeeeeeee! Here's a quick Sigrun being majestic and regal doodle

OOOOoooOO I really like this! :D
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #9107 on: March 05, 2016, 09:20:26 PM »

I... I think I'm in love...
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9108 on: March 05, 2016, 10:42:42 PM »
I'm slowly but surely working my way through the Art Museum and I just came across this on page 352:
Would chibi trolls manage to look cute?

Well, I guess we've found the answer:
*crawls out of the ground*
Have these schoolbook rash blobs~

I think I could do Klor Liksom better, he's a bit busy. And Tol Trol could have dorkier legs X3
Oh no

there were so many scribbles on this one i had to cut him out

6-legged troll kinda looks like a bug XD ah well

YES!
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9109 on: March 06, 2016, 11:26:20 PM »

*o* That's awesome!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9110 on: March 07, 2016, 03:29:34 PM »
I got my micron pens in the mail today and they're amazing! Thank you to all the people who recommended them like a couple of hundred pages ago. :)

Have an Árni:

I'm sorry that he's so sad...

I should stop trying to draw lips it always goes wrong...
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9111 on: March 07, 2016, 09:01:06 PM »
I got my micron pens in the mail today and they're amazing! Thank you to all the people who recommended them like a couple of hundred pages ago. :)

Have an Árni:

I'm sorry that he's so sad...

I should stop trying to draw lips it always goes wrong...
Those lines are so neat how the WHAAAAAAAA?! :O

I made a goofy thing this morning, based on Minna's comment about Emil being ready for bed rather than monster bashing...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9112 on: March 07, 2016, 09:34:04 PM »
Tamaerchen What the heck, how did you get those lines so neat and tidy? o_o

Owl PFF. Well, that's one way to get Emil to spring into action....
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9113 on: March 07, 2016, 10:15:06 PM »
Those lines are so neat how the WHAAAAAAAA?! :O
Tamaerchen What the heck, how did you get those lines so neat and tidy? o_o

Alright, I'm gonna throw all my newly won artist cred out of the window:
I did a tracing with a pencil and then outlined it and I used a ruler for the big areas of crosshatching. I guess I have to make up for my lack of talent with craftiness. :) Also micron pens are divine.

Also there was still space on the paper and, to echo any other crosshatching artist, I soon enough cursed myself to have started it. But it's all I have for a style, so...

Does Reynir ever wonder whether he disappointed his great-grandfather when he left the safety of the farm behind?

Spoiler: show

I made a goofy thing this morning, based on Minna's comment about Emil being ready for bed rather than monster bashing...

I love it!! Emil looks so wonderfully exhausted, I feel that...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:17:21 PM by tamaerchen »

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #9114 on: March 07, 2016, 11:24:25 PM »
Alright, I'm gonna throw all my newly won artist cred out of the window:
I did a tracing with a pencil and then outlined it and I used a ruler for the big areas of crosshatching. I guess I have to make up for my lack of talent with craftiness. :) Also micron pens are divine.

Also there was still space on the paper and, to echo any other crosshatching artist, I soon enough cursed myself to have started it. But it's all I have for a style, so...

Does Reynir ever wonder whether he disappointed his great-grandfather when he left the safety of the farm behind?

Okay, so first of all I love this, it's great! I haven't seen much Árni art floating around, so it's cool that you drew him. (And I feel like adding Reynir is a great way to make any art piece even better...but that might just be my incredibly biased opinion, haha).

Secondly, you may keep all your artist cred and have some more, because guess what: that's what rulers are for!!! I can't draw a straight line to save my life, and neither a lifetime of drawing nor an actual art degree have changed that. Half of being an artist is figuring out how to use the tools you have to make something, and the other half is practice. (Also, patience. I get so annoyed when I do anything involving straight lines, even with a ruler, that I tend to avoid it as much as I can.)

Anyway, this is great and I'm glad you posted it! Microns really are fun, aren't they? I need to let myself play with mine more often.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9115 on: March 07, 2016, 11:31:04 PM »
Hi guys, have a chill-out doodle Emil for all your nightly Emil needs. I had to take a break from a more serious (AND INTENSELY LINED) drawing that I'll probably be putting up sometime this week maybe, and this was the product. Because apparently my solution to drawing too much is drawing more but in a different way.

Fun fact, me and Emil are the same age and have the same eye color and hair. He'd probably beat me in a beauty contest though.

(Original: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/140668022228/his-name-is-alaska-took-a-break-from-serious)
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9116 on: March 07, 2016, 11:46:20 PM »
Hi guys, have a chill-out doodle Emil for all your nightly Emil needs.

Thank you for this beautiful gift! It seems I have constant Emil needs. :D

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9117 on: March 07, 2016, 11:50:03 PM »

Omg, the complete version looks even more awesome. *_*
And yeah, Kiraly is right. That's what rulers are for. They're a tool just like everything else, so...! Yeah.

Hi guys, have a chill-out doodle Emil for all your nightly Emil needs. I had to take a break from a more serious (AND INTENSELY LINED) drawing that I'll probably be putting up sometime this week maybe, and this was the product. Because apparently my solution to drawing too much is drawing more but in a different way.

(Original: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/140668022228/his-name-is-alaska-took-a-break-from-serious)

Hwaaa. The only thing I can say to this is "hot a what". Then again, this is my typical response to your art, sooooo.... ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #9118 on: March 08, 2016, 12:49:33 AM »

Fun fact, me and Emil are the same age and have the same eye color and hair. He'd probably beat me in a beauty contest though.

O_O Why yes, this does fill all my Emil needs, including Emil needs I was not previously aware of. (And let's be honest, which of us wouldn't Emil beat in a beauty contest?)

Speaking of doomed beauty contestants Emil drawings, I doodled these two cuties yesterday. I've been reading a bunch of fanfics about them over the past few days (*side-eyes Yuu and Aliax for making me have all the feels*) and I guess this is the result.

Let's pretend I didn't accidentally draw Lalli shorter than Emil...let's say Emil is standing on a box. Or Lalli is standing in a hole. Or stairs, they're standing on a flight of stairs. Yes, that's it.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9119 on: March 08, 2016, 01:09:40 AM »
I got a tumblr request for Reynir getting hugs (because he really needs them), and I combined that with the thought that what he really needs is to get back to his family...

This is the first SSSS art I've done in a MONTH, wow
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:25:24 AM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: