Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484013 times)

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9090 on: March 04, 2016, 10:50:15 AM »
Also I'm pretty sure Ace wrote the fics you're talking about but someone else might have also?? For a while he was kind of just around on a couple blogs.

Yep, Ace did at least one (because it just updated and I just read the whole thing, SO MANY FEELS). So the timing of these drawings is perfect!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #9091 on: March 04, 2016, 11:56:42 AM »
@Martti Wait were you the one that came up with him? Cause I was trying to figure out earlier where he came from and I ended up guessing

yes, it was an idea of mine that what if he had a son, I named him Tyr, a red haired guy, and so on.
and Ace wrote a fanfiction about him, and Sigrun and Mikkel's children in her future fanfictions

I know that Sigrun has no children or siblings, but, it could be like an AU versions, cuz why not? I guess fans could do anything they want.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9092 on: March 04, 2016, 12:03:58 PM »
Do I remember correctly that Minna also confirmed Sigrun to be an only child?

"They're not siblings (Sigrun is an only child), just her fellow captains. So... almost kinda like siblings that way, hee"
- gospel of Minna 201

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9093 on: March 04, 2016, 12:39:44 PM »
"They're not siblings (Sigrun is an only child), just her fellow captains. So... almost kinda like siblings that way, hee"
- gospel of Minna 201
Also, "I can confirm that Sigrun has no biological children running around, you couldn't hold her attention long enough"
-- another Word of God

Note the restriction to "biological children" and "running around", as in, being the product of the Dagrenning program, though ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #9094 on: March 04, 2016, 04:56:04 PM »
Also, "I can confirm that Sigrun has no biological children running around, you couldn't hold her attention long enough"
-- another Word of God

Note the restriction to "biological children" and "running around", as in, being the product of the Dagrenning program, though ...

I think she also said something in response to people wondering whether Sigrun and Reynir were related: "Nope, Captain Lady doesn't have children." I don't remember the exact location and don't have time to look for it, but I remember the quote.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #9095 on: March 04, 2016, 06:55:14 PM »

I hope you folks are not bored of Onni... yet. Because I'm certainly not huehuehuehue!
He's holding a surprise he found for 6 year old Tuuri and they're playing the guessing game ^^
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:18:34 PM by Antillanka »
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9096 on: March 04, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »
I think she also said something in response to people wondering whether Sigrun and Reynir were related: "Nope, Captain Lady doesn't have children." I don't remember the exact location and don't have time to look for it, but I remember the quote.

Also she would have been like...twelve. ick ick ew

By the way, I hope it doesn't come off as me trying to like, bring people's OCs into the SSSS-only thread, I just thought those were some okay Sgrus so I wanted to put it here instead of anywhere else. that's okay right

Edit: @antillanka if that isn't the cutest ducking thing get out of my face
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:26:52 PM by Jureeya »
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #9097 on: March 04, 2016, 09:29:59 PM »

I hope you folks are not bored of Onni... yet. Because I'm certainly not huehuehuehue!
He's holding a surprise he found for 6 year old Tuuri and they're playing the guessing game ^^

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww, that is adorable! *wants more happy Hotakainen family feels now*

Also she would have been like...twelve. ick ick ew

By the way, I hope it doesn't come off as me trying to like, bring people's OCs into the SSSS-only thread, I just thought those were some okay Sgrus so I wanted to put it here instead of anywhere else. that's okay right

No no no, it's fine! I mean Sigrun was in there too, so I don't think there's a problem.

I can just... get a little bit defensive... because I really want to see more fictional women who don't have children because they don't want children. No one ever seems to acknowledge that that is a thing...

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #9098 on: March 04, 2016, 09:41:01 PM »

I don't think it is possible to be bored of Onni, especially not in cute art like this! He looks so happy, awwwww.
Also, "surprise for Tuuri" and "guessing game"...apparently we are on the same wavelength, because both of those things are mentioned in the fanfic chapter I'm almost done with. Are you reading my mind?!?

I can just... get a little bit defensive... because I really want to see more fictional women who don't have children because they don't want children. No one ever seems to acknowledge that that is a thing...

I'm right there with you, it's nice to see that represented in fiction.
Spoiler: book recommendation • show
I don't know if you read YA fantasy novels at all, but the Graceling books by Kristin Cashore are pretty great. Two of the female protagonists decide they don't want to have children, and it made me really happy to see that. (I went to a lecture the author did and she said she's had girls come up to her and say "I didn't know that was an option! Thank you for writing this book!") She also addresses the issue of female characters actually, y'know, having their periods and having to deal with that while running around in a medieval setting. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case it was something that would interest you.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #9099 on: March 04, 2016, 10:02:55 PM »

I'm right there with you, it's nice to see that represented in fiction.
Spoiler: book recommendation • show
I don't know if you read YA fantasy novels at all, but the Graceling books by Kristin Cashore are pretty great. Two of the female protagonists decide they don't want to have children, and it made me really happy to see that. (I went to a lecture the author did and she said she's had girls come up to her and say "I didn't know that was an option! Thank you for writing this book!") She also addresses the issue of female characters actually, y'know, having their periods and having to deal with that while running around in a medieval setting. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case it was something that would interest you.

It does, and I could ramble at length, but maybe we should continue this via PM so I don't hijack the thread?

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9100 on: March 05, 2016, 07:16:37 AM »
Oh no

there were so many scribbles on this one i had to cut him out

6-legged troll kinda looks like a bug XD ah well
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #9101 on: March 05, 2016, 07:37:09 AM »
All I can hear is "NYAAH?!" X'3

Also, I'm glad you guys liked the derpy kawaii trolls U_U)b
XD

Obviously i like the derpy trols
they so cute <3.<3

Oh no

there were so many scribbles on this one i had to cut him out

6-legged troll kinda looks like a bug XD ah well

mostly the first one of this ones

*so high piched sqeek it actually ultrasaunds*
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #9102 on: March 05, 2016, 07:59:57 AM »
Those chibi trolls keep getting better and better!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9103 on: March 05, 2016, 08:00:35 AM »
mostly the first one of this ones

*so high piched sqeek it actually ultrasaunds*
Don't get close to the water or it'll get yooooouuuuu! : O
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9104 on: March 05, 2016, 03:33:58 PM »
No problem, correct keywords are enough for me to find it. ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15