Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483895 times)

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2014, 09:32:07 PM »
Made these on some homework, enjoy!

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #271 on: November 12, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »
Here is one more...I couldn't fit them all

[attachment deleted by admin]

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2014, 11:11:25 AM »
Here is one more...I couldn't fit them all

Aw, so cute.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2014, 11:49:44 AM »
seeing the stunning work people do here.... is there any chance to upgrade the emoticons to anything more SSSS like?

A Sigrun Grin and Lalli Huh? would fit perfectly
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #274 on: November 13, 2014, 11:54:19 AM »
Aw, so cute.
thanks! I didn't really put any thought into them, just mindless doodles  :D

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #275 on: November 13, 2014, 03:25:54 PM »
Awww, the Lalli-cat doodles are so cute~

And that's a good idea, Lars - I've been vaguely thinking about it, too. So, the call - to people who feel so inclined, emotes are in want! I think we might need Eich-expertise as to know what dimensions (and file type) they could be, though.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #276 on: November 13, 2014, 05:50:23 PM »
Awww, the Lalli-cat doodles are so cute~

And that's a good idea, Lars - I've been vaguely thinking about it, too. So, the call - to people who feel so inclined, emotes are in want! I think we might need Eich-expertise as to know what dimensions (and file type) they could be, though.
The smileys are all gif files.  You can save one of them if you want to figure out the dimensions (I don't know what they are, or what software to edit them with to find out).  That said, they can be different sizes.  There are also a few hidden emoticons, as well...  >:D
Personally, I quite like the current set, so I'll probably make it an option for users to switch between sets of smileys, if anyone does start making these, or I'll just make them :lalli:, :sigrun: , etc.
Feel free to PM.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #277 on: November 13, 2014, 06:02:41 PM »
The smileys are all gif files.  You can save one of them if you want to figure out the dimensions (I don't know what they are, or what software to edit them with to find out).  That said, they can be different sizes.  There are also a few hidden emoticons, as well...  >:D
Personally, I quite like the current set, so I'll probably make it an option for users to switch between sets of smileys, if anyone does start making these, or I'll just make them :lalli:, :sigrun: , etc.

Mmm, I like the :lalli: :sigrun: type option there. Of course, it depends on what we make, and how many we make, but so far, that sounds good. I'm imagining things like :sadlalli: :happylalli: :catlalli: :sicklalli: :sailorlalli: ... heheheh.

I might start making some when school's finally over (two weeks, so much to do, help help help).

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #278 on: November 13, 2014, 06:04:22 PM »
The smileys are all gif files.  You can save one of them if you want to figure out the dimensions (I don't know what they are, or what software to edit them with to find out).
Firefox' Tools -> Page Info -> Media to the rescue ... the flags seem to all be 16x11, the normal emotes 15x15, only >:D is 15x18.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #279 on: November 13, 2014, 06:11:34 PM »
Firefox' Tools -> Page Info -> Media to the rescue ... the flags seem to all be 16x11, the normal emotes 15x15, only >:D is 15x18.

That relates to the size of our existing emoticons, the question is how big additions can reasonably be.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #280 on: November 13, 2014, 06:20:43 PM »
That relates to the size of our existing emoticons, the question is how big additions can reasonably be.
Well, when I look at Eichs posting and Lennys quote thereof above, with the 18-pixel-high >:D in the text, I'ld say that anything more than 20px high is going to noticeably pry the text lines from each other ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #281 on: November 13, 2014, 06:27:33 PM »
So when creating new emotes, we could restrict ourselves to 20px height in order to preserve the line height - though that varies with the font size, too, it's probably best to stick with what works best with the default settings. I can't see a need for width restrictions, except for, you know, ridiculous things like 20x1500 pixels, heh.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #282 on: November 13, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »
Mmm, I like the :lalli: :sigrun: type option there. Of course, it depends on what we make, and how many we make, but so far, that sounds good. I'm imagining things like :sadlalli: :happylalli: :catlalli: :sicklalli: :sailorlalli: ... heheheh.

I might start making some when school's finally over (two weeks, so much to do, help help help).
Cat Lalli.  Yes!  A regular, staring Lalli would be perfect for those unusual moments when you're not sure how to respond.

Thanks for the pixel help, JoB.  You are a wizard.
Feel free to PM.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2014, 07:01:14 PM »
I've announced this on the first post of the thread, but since regular (and some new) posters don't look there much, I'll announce it here, too:

Please don't use attachments to share images. Use the image-linking method I described on the first post instead - the site has a combined storage for attachments and avatars. Using attachments eats into the avatar storage space, which is why there have been problems with that lately. If you guys could replace any earlier attachments with image links instead, that would be awesome, too.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #284 on: November 13, 2014, 07:02:25 PM »
Cat Lalli.  Yes!  A regular, staring Lalli would be perfect for those unusual moments when you're not sure how to respond.

Thanks for the pixel help, JoB.  You are a wizard.

Hmm, I feel inspired to create a whole Lalli-themed emote set now, hehe.