Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484462 times)

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #8835 on: February 08, 2016, 05:36:36 PM »
You are a MUCH better artist than I am.
NEVER SAY THAT, NEVER COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHER AND CALL YOURSELF BAD BECAUSE YOU LOOK UP TO SOMEONE ELSE

I stopped reading after this because this sentence just makes me angry...

and I am not comparing myself to anyone, I am worse how I expect myself to be. that's it
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8836 on: February 08, 2016, 05:48:49 PM »
NEVER SAY THAT, NEVER COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHER AND CALL YOURSELF BAD BECAUSE YOU LOOK UP TO SOMEONE ELSE

I stopped reading after this because this sentence just makes me angry...
But you've done that yourself several times! I don't want to point any fingers, but if you're going to be angry at someone, please don't be a hypocrite about it.

Martti, there are a lot of people who adore your art, and if you don't feel like you're evolving, then you have to try new things without giving up along the way, as you said you do. Don't worry about the "three years" thing, you'll have your entire life to create art and you're in no hurry, just keep on trucking. Trying new things will result in things you're not happy with, but you just gotta keep going. I think you know all these things, and it would be really nice to see you stop beating yourself up about it!

oh yeah I've completely neglected to comment on things again. Frenci, that's a really cute sigrun, Starfallz, your purrito gijinka is ADORABLE, and i know the last couple pages have been bursting with really wonderful stuff, too!! you're all great ^________^
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 05:50:26 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #8837 on: February 08, 2016, 06:08:31 PM »
*Sighs* Martti. We're several here trying to make you stop saying you're so-bad-ohmygod, which is false, and all we got is you always saying it. Excuse me but the only thing I feel is that you're not listening to us. I don't know why, and you can have your reasons even if that's not being kind with yourself.
Anyway. I don't know a single creating person who could swear being 100% happy with what she/he/... create. We all have better in our heads. And there are no questions of months or years ! If there was some promise of improving every x months it would be SO EASY ! It doesn't work like that. Again, the more you practice, the better you'll become. Even if it takes years.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

frostykitty

« Reply #8838 on: February 08, 2016, 06:09:59 PM »
The sentence is gone now, no need to be worked up.

And yes, there are plenty of good arts all around.

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #8839 on: February 08, 2016, 06:13:45 PM »
I have a feeling that we're forgetting something. In fewer words:
We are not here to tell each other how bad we think we are.

But here we go:
naah, people normally improve even in few month, but I am same in the last 3 years, so, I stopped, before that I improved slowly, I think that is the end and I can't improve more, so I am just a bad artist now.
and depends on my feeling I might get better or not, but still not as good as I wish

Not a moderator here, but this kind of behaviour annoys me too, and I totally agree with Viola. I believe there's a thread for this kind of thing, though. Dedicating the whole page to say "no, I'm bad" when people say the contrary is nor decent niether effective for you. Internet has a word for such attitude, but it doesn't fit for polite company.

Curiosity out.
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #8840 on: February 08, 2016, 06:28:33 PM »
I know, I am just saying these, and I know I am annoying in these moments, I am really sorry

sorry for all these talk again. I was in bad mood again, I am fine now. I would prefer stop talking about this anymore, I don't want this either.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 06:30:31 PM by Martti Kakkiainen »
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #8841 on: February 08, 2016, 07:17:52 PM »
Final remark on the subject from a person who loves art, and hangs out here to enjoy it, but is herself totally incapable of producing art. From my point of view it looks as if all of you are manifesting a superpower! Haiz, Martti, Frenci, Sc0ut, Unlos, all the rest of you: thank you, and please keep doing what you do. It is valued and appreciated.

I figured out that, for me, there was absolutely no point in beating myself up because I'm the only person in my highly artistic family who lacks the ability to paint or draw. Instead I concentrate on the stuff I can do: the three-dimensional things. I write, carve, work wood and leather, cook, sing and make gardens just fine. So that's what I do. That and visit here to enjoy the work of the people who can make art.

So I say: do what you are able to do, enjoy doing it, keep learning and trying. If something you have made disappoints you, well, no making is perfect - try again and delight in the process.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

frostykitty

« Reply #8842 on: February 08, 2016, 08:57:58 PM »
Could we change the subject with my poorly executed marker doodle? Ehheh, I uh, mixed up the base lines, so just ignore Emil's weird arm... (here's a link because I'm on a mobile device...) I was just wonder what would happen if the lynx came back when Emilwas just sitting with Lalli... I imagine freaking out, but this was easier to draw. I used three markers and a gold pen and I couldn't find a pencil at the time. I don't suggest it.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #8843 on: February 08, 2016, 11:22:29 PM »
Could we change the subject with my poorly executed marker doodle? Ehheh, I uh, mixed up the base lines, so just ignore Emil's weird arm... (here's a link because I'm on a mobile device...) I was just wonder what would happen if the lynx came back when Emilwas just sitting with Lalli... I imagine freaking out, but this was easier to draw. I used three markers and a gold pen and I couldn't find a pencil at the time. I don't suggest it.
I find it really interesting!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #8844 on: February 09, 2016, 12:09:12 AM »
Frostykitty, that's funny. I can just imagine poor Emil's face.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8845 on: February 09, 2016, 03:49:53 PM »
Oh, I like it!! I hope this happens xD

That is GORGEOUS! I love the way you added the foliage so gently on the edges. And his eyes are (of course) mesmerizing.

Ooooh, very nice! I really like the colors you used.

Thank you!! >w<

Since I was rather happy with how Lalli turned out I drew Tuuri as well~

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #8846 on: February 09, 2016, 04:48:08 PM »
Hello friends,

Sheep dad.
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #8847 on: February 09, 2016, 04:49:24 PM »
Hello friends,

Sheep dad.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*^*
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #8848 on: February 09, 2016, 05:00:18 PM »
Hello friends,

Sheep dad.
Awwwwww... <3 They're too cuuuuuuute !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8849 on: February 09, 2016, 06:24:41 PM »
Hello friends,

Sheep dad.
awww... That's so cute!! ^-^ *descents into incoherent sqeeing*
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race