Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483663 times)

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #8820 on: February 07, 2016, 05:10:36 PM »
yesterday, I had all day for myself and I was so bored. I ended up doodling these:
Marttiiiii I love these! :o I also especially love the one of Emil, the expression and the movement of his hair are just great.

I drew a Lalli

Ooooh, very nice! I really like the colors you used.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #8821 on: February 07, 2016, 06:14:41 PM »
Marttiiiii I love these! :o I also especially love the one of Emil, the expression and the movement of his hair are just great.

as I said:
rare moment when I manage to do an expression right, usually I fail really badly.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #8822 on: February 07, 2016, 06:28:08 PM »
Martti, the more you practice, the less you fail, and you seem to be getting better and better at expressions. These are lovely.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8823 on: February 07, 2016, 11:55:57 PM »
I haven't been arting as much and then I forget to post here...

I did a stream and did crosshatching since someone keeps asking me about crosshatching....

And then because of Twitter (and Shaeiira and LarsB), I did a human version of Purrito.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8824 on: February 07, 2016, 11:57:42 PM »
And then because of Twitter (and Shaeiira and LarsB), I did a human version of Purrito.

This is really cool!!!! I love it!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #8825 on: February 08, 2016, 08:31:36 AM »
I haven't been arting as much and then I forget to post here...

Both of these are great! And Purrito is absolutely adorable!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #8826 on: February 08, 2016, 10:13:41 AM »
a random doodle of sigrun

and some random emillallli
Spoiler: show

Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #8827 on: February 08, 2016, 10:21:28 AM »
Martti, the more you practice, the less you fail, and you seem to be getting better and better at expressions. These are lovely.

the problem is, I keep drawing same thing for maaany years, and I am not good at those things I wish I could do,t hat's why I fail every time, because I image something cool, then try and give up immediately and end up drawing same thing over and over.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #8828 on: February 08, 2016, 10:28:07 AM »
Such great art, all of you!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Mélusine

« Reply #8829 on: February 08, 2016, 10:28:36 AM »
the problem is, I keep drawing same thing for maaany years, and I am not good at those things I wish I could do,t hat's why I fail every time, because I image something cool, then try and give up immediately and end up drawing same thing over and over.
Ahem. Martti ? We're all like that. All the persons who create. You're not failing. You're improving.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #8830 on: February 08, 2016, 10:38:06 AM »
Ahem. Martti ? We're all like that. All the persons who create. You're not failing. You're improving.
isn't improving means someone get better, while I did not, I draw same thing for almost 10 years as my parents kept saying...... "portrays with front views", and those arts were basically that too.

Mélusine

« Reply #8831 on: February 08, 2016, 10:49:09 AM »
isn't improving means someone get better, while I did not, I draw same thing for almost 10 years as my parents kept saying...... "portrays with front views", and those arts were basically that too.
Oh, Martti. Don't you want to trust the persons here saying you're improving, and that they love your drawings ? Why denigrate yourself ? Put one of your recent drawing next to one 10 years older, and I'm sure you'll see differences ! Moreover, as said by Róisín, the more you're practicing, the better you become :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #8832 on: February 08, 2016, 11:08:51 AM »
Oh, Martti. Don't you want to trust the persons here saying you're improving, and that they love your drawings ? Why denigrate yourself ? Put one of your recent drawing next to one 10 years older, and I'm sure you'll see differences ! Moreover, as said by Róisín, the more you're practicing, the better you become :)
naah, people normally improve even in few month, but I am same in the last 3 years, so, I stopped, before that I improved slowly, I think that is the end and I can't improve more, so I am just a bad artist now.
and depends on my feeling I might get better or not, but still not as good as I wish

Mélusine

« Reply #8833 on: February 08, 2016, 12:03:17 PM »
naah, people normally improve even in few month, but I am same in the last 3 years, so, I stopped, before that I improved slowly, I think that is the end and I can't improve more, so I am just a bad artist now.
and depends on my feeling I might get better or not, but still not as good as I wish
... Okay. It's your choice to see it like that. I would have tried.

frostykitty

« Reply #8834 on: February 08, 2016, 05:23:34 PM »
I don't like posting with anything new to show, but I want to say something (may or may not be the best idea in fact....)

Let me start with this. -. And I seriously doubt that anyone ever gets to the level they wish to be at. You'll always want to be better.
I haven't improved in a month. I haven't improved in probably half a year. I can go further than that, too. I've probably even lost skill. I have improved since stick figures though *shivers* don't want to remember that time. But, enough of that, you say you're 'just a bad artist now', because you haven't improved in a few years.
NONSENSE!, I say! It doesn't matter how much you improve! Artistic level doesn't matter! You have the courage to create SOMETHING and that's the big deal! I don't care how 'good' or 'bad' it is, you put effort in to it and got it done! Heck of a lot more some people could say... And really, you might not like it, but I'm sure others would be positively awed by its very existence! I hate a lot of my art, but then my friends see it and praise me so much. All the while, I sit there in utter confusion as they point out things they like about it. Other times, there might be something you're so proud of, it took you so long but you, at long last, perfected it! And all you get is a 'meh' or 'good job'. Now I would probably chase them down and shove it in their face but that's me. But, I believe those jerks are just jealous and/or brats and want to put you down, so obviously trip them the first chance you get so ignore them and their feeble attempts to shatter your cofindence.
And also, if someone tries to judge your art (whether they're 'better' or not) without you asking them to... Well, I guess ignoring them, too, is the peaceful method. And if you ask them to, you can try to follow the tips, if you really wanted to. Or you could continue on your way and develop on your own. You could also stay where you are, no need for improvement, who needs it anyway.

Welp, that was probably repetitive. And my friends don't usually sit there and praise me on some random doodle unless it's sarcasm. But they do point out things they think are good while my mind screams 'This is awful, what the heck are you talking about?! What did you eat lately that made you hallucinate?!'
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 06:08:18 PM by frostykitty »