Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484013 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2014, 01:30:37 PM »
Large men should not be put in drag. EVER.

I think you mean ALWAYS!  :P
Oh, and I promised y'all fan art, so while I'm here, have a Braidy:

Oh my god he looks so confused and derpy, I love it! <3 Reminds me of an owl, which are probably my favorite birds.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2014, 01:31:51 PM »
Lovely! So cute and derpy! And much less traumatizing than Sailor Crew... *throws away shock blanket, then remembers Mikkel*

Nope.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2014, 01:34:11 PM »
Aw, what a unique style! :)
Linework is truly interesting, and I honestly loved the colours.

Thank youuuu  :D I actually get complimented on my linework a lot.

Oh my god he looks so confused and derpy, I love it! <3 Reminds me of an owl, which are probably my favorite birds.
Lovely! So cute and derpy! And much less traumatizing than Sailor Crew... *throws away shock blanket, then remembers Mikkel*

Nope.

Cute and derpy is also my specialty.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:39:34 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2014, 01:35:20 PM »
So! I didn't draw his BUT I found it on Google somewhere and it looks like one of Minna's first practice drawings for SSSS! Seems fitting to today's page so I thought I would post it... (sorry if it should go somewhere else, I didn't want to make a new thread for just one picture...)

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
So! I didn't draw his BUT I found it on Google somewhere and it looks like one of Minna's first practice drawings for SSSS! Seems fitting to today's page so I thought I would post it... (sorry if it should go somewhere else, I didn't want to make a new thread for just one picture...)

What depths of web have been hiding this?
The whole entourage makes me think of Romantically Apocalyptic early pages for some reason (snow, blood, abandoned cities, maybe?)
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2014, 01:57:47 PM »
pssst... how do you use that?  [image resizing tool]

Lenny kindly plugged an image resizing tutorial into the first post of this thread:
http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=35.msg534#msg534

It's really not hard, though you may need to test out several image widths to find one that works for most browsers.

BTW, I especially like all the attention you put into Braidy's rippling mage-coat/cloak.  Drawing all those yards and yards of Icelandic motifs at the hem must have been tedious!  But as GreenwoodGoat or somebody said earlier, "Anybody wishing to touch/kiss the hem of his garment in worship will have plenty of room."
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

SeaAngel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »

It IS Minna's.
We could open a thread to post old drawings of hers, but I'm not sure if we actually should. They're hers, and she has already posted them elsewhere. I guess we COULD collect the links to those pics, though...

PS: another one --> http://www.minnasundberg.fi/comic/page487.php scroll down. Spoilers ahead if you haven't read aRTD!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:09:02 PM by SeaAngel »
Fluent:
OK:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2014, 02:05:15 PM »
Lenny kindly plugged an image resizing tutorial into the first post of this thread:
http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=35.msg534#msg534

It's really not hard, though you may need to test out several image widths to find one that works for most browsers.

BTW, I especially like all the attention you put into Braidy's rippling mage-coat/cloak.  Drawing all those yards and yards of Icelandic motifs at the hem must have been tedious!  But as GreenwoodGoat or somebody said earlier, "Anybody wishing to touch/kiss the hem of his garment in worship will have plenty of room."

Thank you! About both things! Hahaha the hem took up most of my time, yes  :)

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »
@ Lenny
Yes, Braidy is fiiiiiiiinnee  ;) I'm glad I have made your life a complete one, may you rest in fan-girl peace!

We may need to clarify that you mean "fiiiiine" in the urban American sense, as in "Girl, your boo is fiiiiiine."  As opposed to the Puppy-Fox sense in aRTD:  "Don't worry.  Everything will be juuuust fiiiiiinnnne.  (Once you've carried out seven missions full of magical dangers.)"
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2014, 05:22:04 PM »
What depths of web have been hiding this?
The whole entourage makes me think of Romantically Apocalyptic early pages for some reason (snow, blood, abandoned cities, maybe?)

I don't know why it wouldn't let me post this earlier, but this is the url of that page: http://www.minnasundberg.fi/gallery/ssss-practicepage.htm

Strangely though, it doesn't seem to show up as a link on her main gallery page...

It IS Minna's.
We could open a thread to post old drawings of hers, but I'm not sure if we actually should. They're hers, and she has already posted them elsewhere. I guess we COULD collect the links to those pics, though...

PS: another one --> http://www.minnasundberg.fi/comic/page487.php scroll down. Spoilers ahead if you haven't read aRTD!
Silly Lalli, cats don't perch! That's what birds do, and you're not a bird, you're a cat!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2014, 05:33:09 PM »
I don't know why it wouldn't let me post this earlier, but this is the url of that page: http://www.minnasundberg.fi/gallery/ssss-practicepage.htm

Strangely though, it doesn't seem to show up as a link on her main gallery page...
Silly Lalli, cats don't perch! That's what birds do, and you're not a bird, you're a cat!

Well, in a strictly biological sense he's human, but hey.
What I want to know is who or what left that blood trail. Did trolls drag a wounded person into their nightmare dungeon?

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »
Yeah ... looking at the gallery again, I wonder how pertinent to SSSS (and today's view through the open gate) this image might be?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #267 on: November 12, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »
 Whaaaa..??? I'm kind of struck coherency-less by that animal...

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #268 on: November 12, 2014, 06:20:37 PM »
Hey, thanks!

I have Photoshop Elements. The problem I have with it is that it has a very small range of brushes, so I have to stick to line work and flat color (usually what I do anyway but painting is cool y'know).

My problem is that my computer is a Mac and most of those programs are only for Windows (I know Paint Tool SAI in particular). I tried looking for options once. And I have zero money, yeah.

Both Krita and MyPaint have options for Mac, too! As well as for Linux. CELSYS programs also have Mac versions, so no problem there, either. But yeah, especially open source things usually always have options for all three OS's. SAI is the only program I've come across that's restricted to one operating system.

I'm glad you discovered that you can import brushes now, hehe. Have fun with that~

And man, derpy Braidy is cute~ Brilliant lineart there.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #269 on: November 12, 2014, 07:25:41 PM »
Both Krita and MyPaint have options for Mac, too! As well as for Linux. CELSYS programs also have Mac versions, so no problem there, either. But yeah, especially open source things usually always have options for all three OS's. SAI is the only program I've come across that's restricted to one operating system.

I'm glad you discovered that you can import brushes now, hehe. Have fun with that~

There was one point in like, July, where I was super-desperate to find some painting software, and it seemed like everything I tried to download was incompatible with my computer. Those were hard times.

And man, derpy Braidy is cute~ Brilliant lineart there.

And thank you so much  ;D