Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484104 times)

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2014, 03:08:53 AM »
Sailor Lalli and the Silent Scouts

What have I created?
This one was without a doubt the most disturbing of the bunch. Large men should not be put in drag. EVER.
Mikkel is pretty much just bearing this ridiculousness so that he can get it over with sooner. Stoic and enduring, that's what I've gathered from his character so far. We'll have to see how he develops!

It was hard to judge how exactly to draw his body. We've only seen him in big bulky clothes, so we don't know what he looks like underneath. I wen with a physique similar to my brother's: broad and chunky, but muscled in the limbs due to working outside. Mikkel works on a farm, so I imagine he saw some outside labor. I think it worked out well, I hope so anyways!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:43:02 AM by TrinkaSten »
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2014, 03:21:37 AM »
eeeeeEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEeeeeee!!!!! 8'D *cannot produce actual words. Only Eees*
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2014, 03:25:47 AM »
This is the mysterious character known only to us fans affectionately as "Braidy".

I can't help but feel that by putting him in this outfit, I'm going to be contributing to the myth of him being a girl! Oh Noes! *takes a shot*

He's so adorable, I can't even handle it.
I'm a huge sucker for red-head gingers, so Braidy won me over the moment I saw him with his adorable-freckled mug. The shipping hasn't commenced yet, but I have joined the S.S. Bromance of him and Lalli, so yay! And what will Emil say when he finds a boy with hair lovelier than his?! Only time will tell!

And now I see why Mina enjoys drawing him so much. THAT.BRAID.IS.THE.BEST.THING.EVER. So fun to draw!
To be honest, he felt the most Sailor-Scouty to me, which made this even more wrong-but-terribly-right.
I went with a young athletic build for him, because if he's living in the Silent World *as is speculated*, he'll need to be able to book-it if he needs to.

And what we have seen in concept art so far, he seems like a great happy-go-lucky character. I'm sure he'll be lots of fun! 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:42:23 AM by TrinkaSten »
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2014, 03:31:07 AM »
Did Mikkel give you "The Look" as you sat there drawing his burly, hairy legs squeezed into a little Magical Girl skirt and boots?  Then just silently hold out his massive hand for the sketchpad and methodically tear that sheet into many small pieces?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:49:41 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2014, 03:34:43 AM »
Did he give you "The Look" as you sat there drawing his burly, hairy legs squeezed into a little Magical Girl skirt and boots?  Then just silently hold out his massive hand for the sketchpad and methodically tear that sheet into many small pieces?

Not before I could upload it on the internets where it would forever haunt him

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2014, 03:40:16 AM »

That's it everyone! It was so much fun to do these, even when my mom was asking why I was drawing burly men dressed as Sailor Moon for Comic Con (thanks for that Mikkel)!

Any feedback is awesome, I plan on going forward with this line of thought and perhaps even doing some of the secondary character as well! (if I can find the motivation )

This is the first time I've ever posted fan-art to the internet, but I'm glad I was able to for you guys! This really is a great community, I feel so welcome here!

May Mina forever bring people closer together *hazzah!*
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:46:05 AM by TrinkaSten »

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2014, 03:45:16 AM »
eeeeeEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEeeeeee!!!!! 8'D *cannot produce actual words. Only Eees*

I love eeeeEEEEeeee! I'll take it!

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2014, 04:03:14 AM »
I snorted my coffee looking at these. They are FABULOUS! Please, please post the link to these in the comments section too, everyone deserves to see this!

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2014, 04:26:00 AM »
I snorted my coffee looking at these. They are FABULOUS! Please, please post the link to these in the comments section too, everyone deserves to see this!

Thank you Luv! I was thinking of mentioning them in the comments section of the comic, but was waiting for someone to tell me to, as I didn't want to seem out of line or too self-promoting.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2014, 04:35:29 AM »
Wow, I was thinking about making some sailor moon themed silliness but you pretty much hit the nail on the head with these. Mikkel in particular looks just amazing. I fear Solovei might have a happiness-induced aneurysm when she sees them.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #235 on: November 11, 2014, 04:53:39 AM »
Wow, I was thinking about making some sailor moon themed silliness but you pretty much hit the nail on the head with these. Mikkel in particular looks just amazing. I fear Solovei might have a happiness-induced aneurysm when she sees them.
Thanks, I really tried to capture their personalities as well as the silliness of the Sailor Moon wardrobes.

And so long as it's an aneurysm caused by happiness, I think I can live with myself!

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #236 on: November 11, 2014, 04:59:27 AM »

I laughed so hard on Mikkel that I saw my neighbour cringe and look around. He's at least 10-15m away (other side of the yard, through the fence), and the windows are closed. I'm gonna snicker today whenever I see a man with his constitution. I hope the customers will think that I just enjoy work this much... :D
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #237 on: November 11, 2014, 05:13:29 AM »
I laughed so hard on Mikkel that I saw my neighbour cringe and look around. He's at least 10-15m away (other side of the yard, through the fence), and the windows are closed. I'm gonna snicker today whenever I see a man with his constitution. I hope the customers will think that I just enjoy work this much... :D

I'm glad it made you laugh! I know it sure as heck made me while I was drawing him. Whenever I'd stop and come back to the picture after taking a break, it'd always make me snicker!

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #238 on: November 11, 2014, 05:34:21 AM »

What have I created?
This one was without a doubt the most disturbing of the bunch. Large men should not be put in drag. EVER.
Mikkel is pretty much just bearing this ridiculousness so that he can get it over with sooner. Stoic and enduring, that's what I've gathered from his character so far. We'll have to see how he develops!

It was hard to judge how exactly to draw his body. We've only seen him in big bulky clothes, so we don't know what he looks like underneath. I wen with a physique similar to my brother's: broad and chunky, but muscled in the limbs due to working outside. Mikkel works on a farm, so I imagine he saw some outside labor. I think it worked out well, I hope so anyways!

After this, I can die happy. Dude, you have just made my whole week with these pictures<3

Also, Braidy looks fabulous, mmm.
Am notified of private messages via email.

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #239 on: November 11, 2014, 05:46:06 AM »

Aaaaah! (insert random girlish squeaking/screaming/whining/whatever). I could write a longer post, but it would be just EEE for over a hundred lines.

You totally wiped away my constant spleen and made my day brighter. Oh, you are so great, please draw more!  ;D
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany: