Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484391 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #7920 on: November 23, 2015, 12:15:56 AM »
I'M LATE BUT I LOVE THIS!!!

I really, really like your style! Those soft colors with the geometric and curved shapes are just beautiful.

I hadn't seen the Reynir or Lalli ones yet, but I'd already seen the others on Tumblr and I loooove them! The details you add are so amazing. I love the atmosphere you make with the backgrounds and lighting. Super fun.

*hyperventilating* look at tHIS! BLESSED PRETTY SWEDE

I loooove all the erie lighting on this. It's so colorful and exciting, but still obviously nighttime. Beautiful.

it's the Grim

You guys, I hope you appreciate knowing that you make quality art so quickly that I have to actually set aside large chunks of time in order to wade through pages and pages of beautiful stuff. How am I supposed to comment on all of this stuff? You're all way too productive. It's infuriatingly awesome.

Miss Honeyham, when will you draw again?  I remember your delightful art from the early months of the Forum, like Emil playing with his little cousins.  Won't you make some more for us?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #7921 on: November 23, 2015, 12:29:52 AM »
AAAAAAH so many pretty arts recently!
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7922 on: November 23, 2015, 04:57:41 AM »
I think I have another purrito in my sketchbook somewhere, but yeah, it is! You did pretty well when I look back at it...
I honestly don't know what I was thinking.
"i'm gonna draw piney style. oooh i'll draw the purrito"
"you have no idea how piney draws cats"
"i'M GONNA DRAW A PINEY STYLE PuRRITO"
"haiz no"
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7923 on: November 23, 2015, 10:40:31 AM »
Haiz: That is such a GREAT SIGRUN, and I'm not even part of the Sigrunvoid, wow :OO
(for a moment my weird brain thought that "Curry version" was actually Sigrun covered in curry, what)

shaeira: Such lovely cats!!

mithrysc: I love how Sigrun looks in your style! :D

Trinka: Tuuri looks so freaking cute, aaaa
And Emil is very very handsome... Waistcoat!Emil is one of the best things that happened in this thread so far. e_e

mad robin: You did an amazing job on these!! They all look so much in character, and I really like Sigrun's death glare at Reynir! XD

starfallz: Thank you for this Onni!! I've been needing more Onni in my life lately, and this one looks perfect!

Piney: Reynir + Purrito = the cure for all the sadness in the world

Sc0ut: Ominous mage Lalli is best Lalli. I like the way you draw his nose!

Helia: More Onni!!! :D
Awww, don't be so sad... I wonder if he will ever smile in the comic. (and now I remember that time when you drew many ways to try to cheer up Onni, without sucess... XD)

Cerberyusu: This looks gorgeous! Unng, the hair looks so fluffy... It looks like it would be the perfect scarf indeed.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7924 on: November 23, 2015, 11:09:57 AM »
Haiz: Sigrun feels very different from your usual arts :o Did you change the lineart or just the coloring?

Trinka: Mini Tuuri is so cute and it looks like a story book drawing =3 Also a very lovely Emil <3

mad robin: Ahhh, pirate au!! <3

Cerberyusu: Wow, I really like this Reynir! I love the colors and his braid looks so thick and soft~

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7925 on: November 23, 2015, 11:35:28 AM »
Haiz: That is such a GREAT SIGRUN, and I'm not even part of the Sigrunvoid, wow :OO
(for a moment my weird brain thought that "Curry version" was actually Sigrun covered in curry, what)
thank you! and ahahaha finally some real food, right

Haiz: Sigrun feels very different from your usual arts :o Did you change the lineart or just the coloring?
I'm still figuring out what way I like to draw digital the most, so I do things a little differently every time. I don't think the lineart is so different - I meant to do it a little thicker and more stylized I think, but ended up doing it the same way I did my last reynir - but the coloring is different, yeah! I did the highlights/shading in weird same-direction scratches. I think it's the hair that makes it look differentest, because I even did shade it like i usually colour hair but then i flat over it and did this. art is weird
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7926 on: November 23, 2015, 11:56:44 AM »
I'm still figuring out what way I like to draw digital the most, so I do things a little differently every time. I don't think the lineart is so different - I meant to do it a little thicker and more stylized I think, but ended up doing it the same way I did my last reynir - but the coloring is different, yeah! I did the highlights/shading in weird same-direction scratches. I think it's the hair that makes it look differentest, because I even did shade it like i usually colour hair but then i flat over it and did this. art is weird
Yeah, I've been doing digital for like 5 years and still haven't found a style I like xD
I like how clean it looks (not that I don't like your normal style) :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7927 on: November 23, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »
I honestly don't know what I was thinking.
"i'm gonna draw piney style. oooh i'll draw the purrito"
"you have no idea how piney draws cats"
"i'M GONNA DRAW A PINEY STYLE PuRRITO"
"haiz no"

TBH, I have no idea how I draw cats either. I had to draw dogs for a project a couple weeks ago and they came out in some weird mix of cartoony and naturalistic. Just animals in general, really :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #7928 on: November 23, 2015, 11:36:42 PM »
Thanks for all the love guys, I want to say that being complimented doesn't fluff my ego but I'd totally be lying. ^-^ Waistcoat!Emil is very important to me, and I hope that trend NEVER. DIES.

And here's some more art from the other day: Prince of the Forest

I wanted to experiment with metallic sharpies and my China Markers, and figured Lalli was as good a victim as any to experiment on. So have a pretty-little forest mage, complete with flower crown
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7929 on: November 24, 2015, 12:04:45 AM »
And here's some more art from the other day: Prince of the Forest

HGRFLT. I like this. o_o I think there needs to be much more of this. *looks at art queue and thinks*
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

blackberryblossoms

• Tumblr
« Reply #7930 on: November 24, 2015, 01:20:24 AM »

Here's Lalli wielding danger magic! mwahahaha!
I don't know how to draw magic.
This probably could have turned out so much better if I had more patience and also was somehow able to color.
:usa: native
:japan: learning
:sweden: learning
:chap9: Chapter break survivor

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7931 on: November 24, 2015, 02:58:08 AM »

Here's Lalli wielding danger magic! mwahahaha!
I don't know how to draw magic.
This probably could have turned out so much better if I had more patience and also was somehow able to color.

No!  This is terrific!  It's a dynamic pose and a great likeness, 100% Lalli. 

BTW, you don't need to set both "img width" and "img height."  Generally, just setting the width is enough to make the image the size you want.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #7932 on: November 24, 2015, 06:55:58 AM »
I dunno why I did this but here is one from me, only the boys.

Spoiler: kinda of nudity pic • show
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #7933 on: November 24, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »

BECAUSE THIS IS PERFECT MEME TRASH, YES YES, THE MEME QUEEN IS PLEASED WITH YOUR OFFERING <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7934 on: November 24, 2015, 01:49:26 PM »

's funny how different the personalities of the people in the drawing are from those of the people from the original that they represent. Except Mikkel/Barry, maybe, kinda.