Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484247 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #7860 on: November 20, 2015, 05:37:26 AM »
Next week's update maybe...?

Haha, yes 8,D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7861 on: November 20, 2015, 05:59:38 AM »
*cough*Haiz*cough*weneedyourhair-triggerartreflex*cough*
OKAYyYYY i see it's time for an obnoxious haiz PSA because this keeps happening

please please please please don't do this thing
I know there's plenty evidence in the past that this'll work, but
not right now, maybe not anymore at all

first of all i haven't even SEEN monthy python and i'm 1000% uncomfortable making a crossover of a kind if i don't know the content. and there is a LOT of movies/series out there i have no clue about because i'm a weird hermit that watches mostly cartoons but yeah that's another issue i guess.

i KNOW you don't necessarily mean these "requests" seriously, but I take them seriously and it stresses me out! it shouldn't feel like it's my responsibility to draw every single funny moment you come up with! it feels like elementary school again, where every single classmate is telling me to draw this or that or whenever some teacher draws something wonky on the blackboard and everyone says you should draw it instead and you sit there like *internal screaming*

also, like........ the art reflex response loses a lot of its comedic effect if you ask me to do it. it'll be expected, and it'll be forced. if someone asks for it, it's not a proper art reflex, y'know? then it's just a request, and requests are responsibility and GUESS WHO INVENTED THE "POOR NEGLECTED RESPONSIBILITIES MEME"
(hint: me, because responsibilities make me cry)

you may also have noticed there has been a decline in both actual art reflexes and haiz activity in this very thread. the reason for that is that i'm really low on energy lately, and i have a lot of other things i'm trying to do. it makes me really sad because there's a lot of really great art here that deserves some really great comments but i can't seem to find the energy to comment!!! and i'm sorry!! which means there's even less energy for me to be at the beck and call of everyone who does a coughy comment of my art reflex in specific, y'know? i just can't keep up with my past self on this!

TL;DR: please don't specifically request art reflexes specifically from me, it's kinda stressful!
please!!! please don't expect things from me unless it's something i've signed up for

(also trinka i'm not angry at you!!! i just have a lot of pent-up stressy frustrations as a result of a lot of people going "HAHA HAIZ ART REFLEX SHOULD HAPPEN NOW" for a long while)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:05:14 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7862 on: November 20, 2015, 09:29:02 AM »
Gwenno: that's a good Sigrun! I love her thoughtful and reminiscent expression, as she looks over her scars.
Ah, that's exactly what I was going for ^_^ I'm so glad I managed to portray it :3 (also, if there is a bad Sigrun I have yet to see it :P )
Oooohh yay! It works now! Very nice :D
Thank you  ^-^ and sorry for not replying to say something to the original post when I changed it last night. I was too tired to form a coherent reply so just changed the link and went to bed :/
Ouch. Although this is probably what most Norwegian captains really look like, at least judging by the amount of bandages we've seen applied to them.
That was my thinking exactly. It can't be an easy life bashing up trolls all the time, and Sigrun has been doing this for years

[imgheight=100]https://41.media.tumblr.com/dc0e3df6c075aeca4ce80c7998cdcdc2/tumblr_ny33ww2rnP1soy15zo1_540.jpg[/img]
I’m just gonna leave this here.
I haven’t drawn anything in a long time….so here’s a quicky Emil to deal with my artblock. Bye.
Drawing Emil is the best way to combat art block, it is known...... pretty boy is looking wonderfully pretty here ^_^

Well... I can write my three-page refutation of a Neitzchean selection that's due tomorrow...
...or...
I can draw the way I imagine the gang "in real life."

I know you haven't posted in a while, but boy has your art improved since you first came here. This stuff is great! I especially like Mikkel (you draw very good Mikkels in general), but Tuuri is totally adorbz as well :3

Ah yeah, I can see this happening.......

TL;DR: please don't specifically request art reflexes specifically from me, it's kinda stressful! please!!! please don't expect things from me unless it's something i've signed up for
I'm sorry you're feeling like this. For what it's worth I really appreciated all your lovely impulse draws (and regular fantastic draws), but there's something about knowing that the person drawing did it because they wanted to and enjoyed it that makes me enjoy it more :) (I guess the different between a reflex art and a request art)
I hope that you'll find your energy again, but in the meantime take care. I'm sure everyone will take heed, you're a very important part of the community here and I know that nobody will do this to you now that they know it distresses you :3
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7863 on: November 20, 2015, 09:53:23 AM »
Gwenno, thanks for your kind words. If I seem a tad melodramatic, then you don' even know the half of it^^" I didn't mean to make anyone feel guilty, and i'm not declaring I'm never ever being triggered into an art reflex ever again, my point is just that they NEED to be impulsive, and on my own terms. If anyone says "haiz needs to draw this", it's probably just gonna lead to disappointment for us all. I mean obviously I have a track record of drawing a lot and often and quick, but there are a lot of talented artists here, and I think we should be given the choice of what we draw just for fun ^___^
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 09:55:17 AM by Haiz »

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #7864 on: November 20, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7865 on: November 20, 2015, 11:56:12 AM »
RTR: I always get excited when people decide to draw the SSSS crew in a more realistic style, and your version is really really cool! I already said it on tumblr, but I love Reynir's long face, straight nose type. And Mikkel's eyes! You did a good job on all of them.

taybee: Your drawings are so funny and pretty, I'm really happy when they pop up on my dash! :D
And yeees, poor Lalli... He is so clueless of all that's happening.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #7866 on: November 20, 2015, 02:23:20 PM »
Aaaa thanks for the comments guys *u*)

when you wake up and your relatives are in town ..
*slowly backs away
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #7867 on: November 20, 2015, 03:43:19 PM »
Well... I can write my three-page refutation of a Neitzchean selection that's due tomorrow...
...or...
I can draw the way I imagine the gang "in real life."

I will always imagine Mikkel with what my family calls "Patrick eyes." Deep-set with that 'overhang' that keeps you from seeing the lids unless he raises his eyebrows, giving him a perpetually sleepy look.

Reynir looks a little weird when I try to apply gravity to that hair. Oh well. Freckles!

Oh, Emil. Insecure, slightly spoiled, pretty boy. What would the comic be without you?

*concern about the amount of sleep and food this smol twig child is getting*

Li'l chub, very cute.

And, of course, gorgeous, animated, and more than a little intimidating.
And with that I must be off again, Nietzche awaits. Continue being incredible, y'all, maybe someday I'll be able to go through all of the pages I'm missing out on. *tosses confetti and exits*

Those are very, very good!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #7868 on: November 20, 2015, 03:48:26 PM »
OKAYyYYY i see it's time for an obnoxious haiz PSA because this keeps happening

please please please please don't do this thing
I know there's plenty evidence in the past that this'll work, but
not right now, maybe not anymore at all

first of all i haven't even SEEN monthy python and i'm 1000% uncomfortable making a crossover of a kind if i don't know the content. and there is a LOT of movies/series out there i have no clue about because i'm a weird hermit that watches mostly cartoons but yeah that's another issue i guess.

i KNOW you don't necessarily mean these "requests" seriously, but I take them seriously and it stresses me out! it shouldn't feel like it's my responsibility to draw every single funny moment you come up with! it feels like elementary school again, where every single classmate is telling me to draw this or that or whenever some teacher draws something wonky on the blackboard and everyone says you should draw it instead and you sit there like *internal screaming*

also, like........ the art reflex response loses a lot of its comedic effect if you ask me to do it. it'll be expected, and it'll be forced. if someone asks for it, it's not a proper art reflex, y'know? then it's just a request, and requests are responsibility and GUESS WHO INVENTED THE "POOR NEGLECTED RESPONSIBILITIES MEME"
(hint: me, because responsibilities make me cry)

you may also have noticed there has been a decline in both actual art reflexes and haiz activity in this very thread. the reason for that is that i'm really low on energy lately, and i have a lot of other things i'm trying to do. it makes me really sad because there's a lot of really great art here that deserves some really great comments but i can't seem to find the energy to comment!!! and i'm sorry!! which means there's even less energy for me to be at the beck and call of everyone who does a coughy comment of my art reflex in specific, y'know? i just can't keep up with my past self on this!

TL;DR: please don't specifically request art reflexes specifically from me, it's kinda stressful!
please!!! please don't expect things from me unless it's something i've signed up for

(also trinka i'm not angry at you!!! i just have a lot of pent-up stressy frustrations as a result of a lot of people going "HAHA HAIZ ART REFLEX SHOULD HAPPEN NOW" for a long while)

OHGODI'MSOSORRY

I was just joking, I didn't actually mean it! I thought it just kind of became a Forum Catchphrase, like "Fimby NO!"; whenever someone says something should be drawn, I just assumed we would joke about you doing it. I didn't know it was stressing you out this much, I don't expect you to draw on demand, only when you want to!

SOSOSOSOSORRY

ALSOOOO, on a lighter note:

TODAY IS ART DAY! *confetti*

Thanksgiving break has started, I have the day off, and I'm gonna put my nose to the grindstone and make art that I need to catch up on, or just makes me happy! I feel like I've been smothered with heavy duty art projects all semester long, so it's nice to just sit back and take my art easy for a while. So I'ma break out the watercolors and pens, and JUST DO IT!!!!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7869 on: November 20, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »
OHGODI'MSOSORRY
IT'S OKAY I PROMISE!! it wasn't directed towards you in particular, i just really really don't want it to become a forum catchphrase.

anyway!! melodrama aside!!!!! I drew a thing that's neither my calendar project, what i'm planning for secret santa nor the advent calendar,, merely an offering for the sigrunvoid:

I was just about done with the lineart (if one can even call it that) when I realized the pose is almost exactly the same as in indui's drawing from a couple weeks back. wOOPSIE
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:06:28 PM by Haiz »

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7870 on: November 20, 2015, 07:15:24 PM »
anyway!! melodrama aside!!!!! I drew a thing that's neither my calendar project, what i'm planning for secret santa nor the advent calendar,, merely an offering for the sigrunvoid:

OFFERING ACCEPTED
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #7871 on: November 20, 2015, 07:18:26 PM »

I was just about done with the lineart (if one can even call it that) when I realized the pose is almost exactly the same as in indui's drawing from a couple weeks back. wOOPSIE

*_* AHHH

Yesss this is good, excellent, fabulous, awesome and great! Buckets of gold stars. What a Sigrun!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #7872 on: November 20, 2015, 08:13:49 PM »
IT'S OKAY I PROMISE!! it wasn't directed towards you in particular, i just really really don't want it to become a forum catchphrase.

already saw this on tumblr but oooo this is great!! XD

-----
I've been upset and depressed the past few days (but I cried it all out so now I'm ok XD)
To cheer myself up I drew this ....

(not a good quality ., accidentally saving over the .sai file X///
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:20:12 PM by shaeira »
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #7873 on: November 20, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »
Instead of writing papers I drew a Sigrun.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #7874 on: November 20, 2015, 11:06:46 PM »
Instead of writing papers I drew a Sigrun.

OooOOH this is a good Sigrun. Very dynamic, and I love the vibrant colors! You should procrastinate more
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.