Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483917 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #7815 on: November 15, 2015, 02:51:21 PM »
Unlos, a Mikkel at the right time :) I especially like the colouring of his eyes.
Thank you! And more Mikkel, yay! Your style is so expressive, telling stories with the right, elegant lines.

His face reminds me of Vladimir Putin for reasons unknown. I like the way you did the hair and skin, looks pretty convincing. If you want critique, the area around his left eye looks somewhat strange compared to the rest of the face. I can't quite put my finger on it why though.
Y-yes. Now I see it too! Yeah, that eye is a bit crooked but I can't exactly put my fingers on it either. I'v flipped the picture right, left, upside down (that didn't help) and nudged it and it is still just a bit off. I suspect I just didn't manage to follow the help lines suggested by Smirty.
I love the lighting on that finnish landscape of yours - the sky is on fire :)

Shaeira, Noodly, Shoop
: Thank you! And Shaeira, that's really neat lineart and beautiful coloring (and a wonderful expression) on your Reynir there.
Shoop, the low-opacity setting is a neat trick that I love! I often work with opacities of 6-9% and a pretty dark color for shading. Not so much on this piece, though, where I used opacities of 20-30% (and more on the hair).

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7816 on: November 15, 2015, 05:30:33 PM »
I've been gone way too long >_< *blanket appreciation for everyone*

So I've had this idea in my head for a couple of days, and I just finished this. The lighting was a bit of a challenge, I could never seem to make it dark enough without washing everything out. Those footprints were also hard to fit in there because I'd already drawn the sketch of Emil, and I didn't want to change the pose dangit. I figured both out eventually though. Also, I used like 36 layers. I didn't want to mess anything up. XD This is sorta like that Lalli I drew a few months ago? Except waaaay better.

Oh, and thanks for the comments on that Reynir drawing!
The colors are beautiful! And his hair <3

Reynir and the ghosties ~///
That face >w< I don't think they can hurt you dear!

I've been in a strange mood lately, but I finally sat my butt down and actually drew something
Spoiler: hand holding • show

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #7817 on: November 15, 2015, 08:19:33 PM »
Aaaah, thank you so much everyone! Also, I apparently had the 2000th art in here? :O

Unlos: Ohh, nice! I really like the skin texture you got going on.
Helia: "The mundane fascinating life of Mikkel Madsen"
Yucca: Wow, I really like the colors you have here!
Shaeira: SHAEIRA. I love everything about this, the colors, the background, Reynir's face, just yes.
Aqua: Sweet. ;)
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #7818 on: November 15, 2015, 08:35:44 PM »
I've been in a strange mood lately, but I finally sat my butt down and actually drew something
Spoiler: hand holding • show

^^ Hands are important expression tools
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #7819 on: November 16, 2015, 01:04:32 PM »

Reynir and the ghosties ~///

Spoiler: lineart ver. • show
because I'm most proud of it

((its the cleanest one I've ever made ))
--

This ridiculous child

Your coloring is gorgeous!
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7820 on: November 16, 2015, 03:49:12 PM »
I had a little time over the weekend and finished the "traditional costume series".
Now, I present you poor Reynir, the weakest piece of the set (proportions, what are those?  ::))
I'll post the others later - don't want to spam the thread...

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #7821 on: November 16, 2015, 11:01:41 PM »
When I am laty to change brush and use the one I had selected....
also I kinda love how soft it looks like, even the whole pic looks a really blurry picture...

AND the Invisible Reynir xD (just a hair draw practice)

I dunno why I post them, they are not even proper arts.... ;3;
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #7822 on: November 16, 2015, 11:08:42 PM »
I like them! Your hair skills are great, and the Lalli's super pretty. Also handy for explaining what it looks like to not have glasses on, and why I know how many fingers you're holding up but not which book.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #7823 on: November 16, 2015, 11:50:07 PM »
I like them! Your hair skills are great, and the Lalli's super pretty. Also handy for explaining what it looks like to not have glasses on, and why I know how many fingers you're holding up but not which book.
OH this is so true, but you can guess what book it is from the blurry colours (if you know the book) xD like many times, my mum woke me up in the morning, showing me things and I don't get glasses on and try to look and see, but only a blurry coloured thing I see, if I can't guess from that, I say "I don't see it" and she brings it closer xD I can't image life without glasses anymore (having glasses for 19 years).....
but without glasses it is not really soft like that lalli doodle. but still closer to the reality.

actually I used this brush before for an other art, where I tried to draw a character being blurry, while the other one (who is on focus) is not. maybe I could draw some ssss art like that too sometime.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #7824 on: November 16, 2015, 11:55:57 PM »
OH this is so true, but you can guess what book it is from the blurry colours (if you know the book) xD like many times, my mum woke me up in the morning, showing me things and I don't get glasses on and try to look and see, but only a blurry coloured thing I see, if I can't guess from that, I say "I don't see it" and she brings it closer xD I can't image life without glasses anymore (having glasses for 19 years).....
but without glasses it is not really soft like that lalli doodle. but still closer to the reality.
My sister is always like "Oooh look at this interesting headline!" *holds up newspaper from the other side of the room*
Me: >_<
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7825 on: November 17, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »
In my school art class we had to do watercolour and I did this based on page 1.  :))

tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #7826 on: November 17, 2015, 05:28:52 PM »
In my school art class we had to do watercolour and I did this based on page 1.  :))

It's beautiful, Luth! It's amazing what you can do with black, red and a bit of violet ^^

Hey, about this thread's lack of Mikkel, does posting something of his great-granrelatives count?

It's the Madsen farm a few years later ^^
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #7827 on: November 17, 2015, 05:34:34 PM »

AH good job echoing the stylized aesthetic of the prologue! I always did like that. : D Was it challenging to do it in that medium?

Hey, about this thread's lack of Mikkel, does posting something of his great-granrelatives count?

It's the Madsen farm a few years later ^^

* Yuuago can barely contain his joy at seeing this

I love Signe/Michael so much and I love YOU for doing such wonderful art of them ;___; You are an amazing beautiful person.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #7828 on: November 17, 2015, 06:08:11 PM »
Antillanka, I do like your Mikkel and Signe! They look much happier than they did in the prologue.

Luth, that stylised prologue landscape is very simple and elegant. Watercolour..... I'm impressed!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7829 on: November 18, 2015, 12:19:35 AM »
Luth, that stylised prologue landscape is very simple and elegant. Watercolour..... I'm impressed!
It's beautiful, Luth! It's amazing what you can do with black, red and a bit of violet ^^
AH good job echoing the stylized aesthetic of the prologue! I always did like that. : D Was it challenging to do it in that medium?

Thanks for the compliments guys!
Yuuago - It was at first but once I got the hang of it it was really fun! I've wanted to try watercolour for a while and for the assignment we had a choice of acrylic or watercolour and I thought that watercolour would be easiest to replicate the style of the prologue in so I chose that.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race