Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483697 times)

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2014, 08:10:31 AM »
Based on the Ariel comment made by DonatelloFellow on page 212.

I hope you enjoy :D

N-no, that's not the sound of my incoherent squeaking you heard, why do you ask? No, wait, it totally was.

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2014, 11:03:25 AM »
N-no, that's not the sound of my incoherent squeaking you heard, why do you ask? No, wait, it totally was.

Not the sound of mine, either, nope. Certainly not, why would you think so? Squeak!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

BabaYaga

« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2014, 11:23:17 AM »
Arielalli - damn, son!  :o

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2014, 11:56:54 AM »
Based on the Ariel comment made by DonatelloFellow on page 212.

I hope you enjoy :D

Well done! That's pretty damn good! Perhaps slightly more cheekbone for that Truly Lalli Look?
My one-and-only: :uk:

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2014, 03:40:37 PM »
Heeee, thank you all ^^

Well done! That's pretty damn good! Perhaps slightly more cheekbone for that Truly Lalli Look?

Yeah, I'm disappointed with myself for the lack of cheekbone in this one. I realized it after I started lining, so I tried making up for it with shading (since I didn't want to redo it because I'm a lazy poop), but there was only so much I could do, especially since I was kind of rushing xD; Otherwise, thank you! :) and some constructive crit is always good, so thanks for that too
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Haverberg

« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2014, 09:41:21 PM »
Hey, I found a bit of a weird picture of Lalli online and -

Oh, wait. That's Evo Nightcrawler...

Does look a bit similar, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:43:40 PM by Haverberg »
Fluent :usa:
Learning :uk:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2014, 04:51:56 AM »
Lalli's dream sequence and encounter with the enigmatic "Braidy" inspired me to contribute a piece in this museum. I imagined Braidy teaching him how to walk on water, and wanted to illustrate it! It was greatly inspired by the sky strolling sequence from Howl's Moving Castle, which I heavily referenced in this piece.

Yes, I ship them! <3
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:26:00 AM by Almond-Goddess »
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2014, 05:03:14 AM »
Lalli's dream sequence and encounter with the enigmatic "Braidy" inspired me to contribute a piece in this museum. I imagined Braidy teaching him how to walk on water, and wanted to illustrate it! It was greatly inspired by the sky strolling sequence from Howl's Moving Castle, which I heavily referenced in this piece.

Yes, I ship them! <3

*chokes on tea from the cuteness*
Oh my gossssssssshhhhh. Almond-Goddess!!!!!1¡! 8'O
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2014, 05:25:07 AM »

My oh my, that IS gorgeous (even though I don't ship them)!
Also, I took a liberty of checking out your artwork on DA and OH MY GOODNESS LET ME WORSHIP YOU PLEEEEASE? *__*
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »
Oh MAN is that cool<3 I love the textures, they're delicious :D And the movement is really nice! I've just got one tiny, tiny wish... Even if this is merely a sketch-coloured-in (which I'm suspecting), try to clean up the areas like leather and skin as much as possible, so they have no sketchiness, or at least only a minimal amount. Faces especially should be a priority. It shouldn't take too long, and it'll really improve the quality - the smooth-textured surfaces will actually look smooth, and the rough textured surfaces will have their roughness emphasised by their sketchiness. Other than that, it is wonderful~ Those colouuuurs<3

EDIT: I should also inform you that you might want to change the link to your tumblr in your signature - it starts off with www.http.com for some weird reason...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:08:50 AM by Lenny »
Am notified of private messages via email.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2014, 10:54:36 AM »

That is gorgeous.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2014, 11:31:07 AM »

Yes, I ship them! <3

Beautiful! Gorgeous! Someothersynonym! (The shipping part was quite obvious XD)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2014, 12:57:13 PM »
[/url]

Yes, I ship them! <3

This is adorable!! I especially like how you did the background~ (actually, I like all of it equally) but the background reminds me a lot of Minna's panels in the last few pages that took place in the spirit world or whatever, so it's really neat!

If I may ask, what did you use to color?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2014, 02:57:07 PM »
*chokes on tea from the cuteness*
Oh my gossssssssshhhhh. Almond-Goddess!!!!!1¡! 8'O

*pours you more tea*

My oh my, that IS gorgeous (even though I don't ship them)!
Also, I took a liberty of checking out your artwork on DA and OH MY GOODNESS LET ME WORSHIP YOU PLEEEEASE? *__*

Thank you! Though to be a bit clearer on my standpoint, the way I ship them is more of a mentor/apprentice relationship. Well, kind-of mentor. For all we know, Braidy might just be naturally talented at water-walking without prior training, haha.

Oh MAN is that cool<3 I love the textures, they're delicious :D And the movement is really nice! I've just got one tiny, tiny wish... Even if this is merely a sketch-coloured-in (which I'm suspecting), try to clean up the areas like leather and skin as much as possible, so they have no sketchiness, or at least only a minimal amount. Faces especially should be a priority. It shouldn't take too long, and it'll really improve the quality - the smooth-textured surfaces will actually look smooth, and the rough textured surfaces will have their roughness emphasised by their sketchiness. Other than that, it is wonderful~ Those colouuuurs<3

EDIT: I should also inform you that you might want to change the link to your tumblr in your signature - it starts off with www.http.com for some weird reason...

Thank you for the constructive feedback! I do agree that this sketch should be touched up a bit. Once I get a good chunk of my school work done, I'll try hosting a stream as I work on it. I think I fixed the Tumblr link (for some reason when I save changes it adds an extra http:// in front of my pasted URL, though I won't know until I make my next post. Fingers crossed! (Edit: Yes, it should work now, yay!)

That is gorgeous.

Thank you! C:

Beautiful! Gorgeous! Someothersynonym! (The shipping part was quite obvious XD)

Thank you, I'm truly flattered that my piece is worthy of three praises, haha! (:

This is adorable!! I especially like how you did the background~ (actually, I like all of it equally) but the background reminds me a lot of Minna's panels in the last few pages that took place in the spirit world or whatever, so it's really neat!

If I may ask, what did you use to color?

Thanks! Yeah, the background was based on those dream/spirit world panels. I use Photoshop CS6 with an Wacom Intuos 5 to color. Quite recently I've acquired a plethora of new brushes, and experimented with a lot of them on this piece.
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »
I second everyone else's remarks, Almond-Goddess.  Beautiful brushwork!  Restricted (complementary) color scheme!  Character insight!  And Lalli's little footsies paddling in the air!  Yay!!

The side-by-side position actually reminds me of my first waltz lessons -- unnerved facial expression and all.  Only I'm rather harder to lift than Lalli...  ::)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: