Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483626 times)

Smirty

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #7485 on: October 25, 2015, 08:09:22 PM »
Experimenting with the skin colors below
Spoiler: show

I took a photo of my bf and used as reference, so I tried to color pick and the skin looked so dark (and he's a pale Swede) D=
My progress went from left -> right

Well done with the blending and the skin tone!
His hand seems overly large. If you need a reference for hand-body proportion: the hand laid flat on the face is smaller and shorter than the face.
My webcomic: Angels Power | Going to Kickstarter in a couple of days, omg. 0_0'''
Native: :belgium: (Fluent: Français Fluent: English)

Amarnur

• Tumblr
  • Hello, forum goers more experienced than I *waves*
« Reply #7486 on: October 25, 2015, 08:13:27 PM »
Google images don't work on the forum :/ Try another photo storage thingy?

Does it work now?

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #7487 on: October 25, 2015, 08:15:29 PM »
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #7488 on: October 25, 2015, 08:25:03 PM »
Could I ask for some help? I was drawing a vest Sigrun (inspired by some drawings from like 20 pages ago, damn you guys move fast!), and I'm not super good at judging proportions. I can't decide if her head is too big, too small or whether there's something else wrong with the picture (aside from the ridiculous cloth folds & cuffs, which I've given up on). All other advice would be super appreciated too!
Original head size

Or maybe it should be bigger, or something inbetween?
Anyway I'm imagining a post-trip Sigrun reminiscing about her badass deeds and brandishing one of the awesome artifacts they recovered. I don't suppose anyone knows what it's used for, though, since none of the Scandinavian countries grow any tobacco...
\cuts\

Both look good actually // But i agree with the others, the second one seems better~
This looks awesome btw !!
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7489 on: October 25, 2015, 08:54:41 PM »
I had drawn a Lalli in Rabbit-style for the Style Swap.

And I drew a cheer-up Lalli and Emil cuddle.

Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #7490 on: October 25, 2015, 10:07:22 PM »
I should really wait for the images to load in a page, I missed some good arts X/
from the stream!!!!!

This is so cute !~ I really like the sketchiness of the lines CX

Sketched this Emil the other day, lined it today on my computer. There are a lot of things I'm not happy with, but on the whole I like it. And I (stupidly) wasn't looking at references while I drew, so a lot of the details are probably super inaccurate, sorry! It's my first time ever posting art on the internet, too, so if I completely messed up the file size or something please let me know!

Emil look so cute and the lines are so clean You can change the image size so that it wont look so big by putting
 [img width=###
And WELCOME ! There's also an Introduction Thread if you havent dropped by there https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=131.0

I had drawn a Lalli in Rabbit-style for the Style Swap.

This is so pretty ~! I really love the lines (And those patterns in the shading *A*)
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7491 on: October 25, 2015, 10:17:36 PM »
This is so pretty ~! I really love the lines (And those patterns in the shading *A*)

Haha, that is all Rabbit-style. :D (although a looooot of fun to do)
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7492 on: October 26, 2015, 12:31:22 AM »
Thank you! I'll probably just keep hanging out in this thread, though, so I don't think I need an extra introduction?

Not to contradict a new member, but in my experience as Admiral of a Sunken Ship, statements like that are all too open to being overturned.  (Haiz's Famous Last First Words were:  "I don't think I'll be posting much..."  ::) )

Which is to say, I hope you'll reconsider introducing yourself to the Forum at large.  It'll give the rest of us (who don't have the ability to stay calm in the face of vast amounts of awesome art) a chance to get to know you. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #7493 on: October 26, 2015, 06:43:04 AM »
I finally finished another of my colour palette request! This time it was a young Lalli :3

(EDIT: !!! YessSSSssSsss I got to start the 500th page)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:48:38 AM by Sigrid Marie »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #7494 on: October 26, 2015, 07:45:23 AM »
Congratulations Sigrid Marie! And that is a very nice young Lalli.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Diazenylium

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #7495 on: October 26, 2015, 08:13:59 AM »

one poorly-drawn reynir with some poorly-drawn derpcat on top, coming right up

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7496 on: October 26, 2015, 08:20:40 AM »
Sketched this Emil the other day, lined it today on my computer. There are a lot of things I'm not happy with, but on the whole I like it. And I (stupidly) wasn't looking at references while I drew, so a lot of the details are probably super inaccurate, sorry! It's my first time ever posting art on the internet, too, so if I completely messed up the file size or something please let me know!

Such a cute style :D

Well done with the blending and the skin tone!
His hand seems overly large. If you need a reference for hand-body proportion: the hand laid flat on the face is smaller and shorter than the face.
Thank you! :D
I usually pay attention to the hands, but it seems like I completely forgot to check the proportions this time. I know my bf has big hands, but I agree with you that it looks huge. I need to check the reference photo when I get home.

I finally finished another of my colour palette request! This time it was a young Lalli :3

(EDIT: !!! YessSSSssSsss I got to start the 500th page)
Wow, I really like how you shaded his face :o

one poorly-drawn reynir with some poorly-drawn derpcat on top, coming right up
Aww =3

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Aradia

« Reply #7497 on: October 26, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »
Thanks so much everyone who helped me with the picture!

SO CUTE OMG! I love your style.

That Lalli is gorgeous, and that cuddle is so sweet!

Which is to say, I hope you'll reconsider introducing yourself to the Forum at large.  It'll give the rest of us (who don't have the ability to stay calm in the face of vast amounts of awesome art) a chance to get to know you.
Uh... you might be right there. There sure are a lot of tempting threads in the forum.
Pretty OK::russia::usa::germany:
NOT OK::estonia::japan:
OH GOD NO PLEASE STOP::france:
?.. ?.. OK no, these are just my Hetalia ships!

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7498 on: October 26, 2015, 03:58:50 PM »
And I drew a cheer-up Lalli and Emil cuddle.

How on earth did I miss this??
It looks so sweet and comfy ^w^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #7499 on: October 26, 2015, 04:28:56 PM »
Wha- this thread has grown 2 pages since yesterday evening? Sigrid Marie, Aradia, Helia, AquaAurion, Frenci, Amarnur, Starfallz and Diazenylium, those are great contributions!

Even accounting for the difference in time spent, that is some insane progress! :o
I must try my hand at this style one of these days...
EEE thank you! And trying out that style is highly recommended (not to mention I really look forward to seeing what you'll make)

*snip*
DUDE. That's so cool. I imagined a real-life version of Tuuri to look a little different, but this is adorable and my new headcanon for her appearance. And also, I know what you mean about shadows being darker. That's how I feel all the time too.
Thank you, that put a big smile on my face! Like the other commenters, I prefer picture number 2 of Sigrun (I have a hard time seeing exactly where you tweaked it - the face is a little broader?), but both are really great!