Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483810 times)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #7470 on: October 25, 2015, 03:40:26 PM »
Hello, forum! Long time no see, heh. Nothing special, but I doodled some ridiculous children in chemistry class earlier this week

Aradia

« Reply #7471 on: October 25, 2015, 04:13:22 PM »
Could I ask for some help? I was drawing a vest Sigrun (inspired by some drawings from like 20 pages ago, damn you guys move fast!), and I'm not super good at judging proportions. I can't decide if her head is too big, too small or whether there's something else wrong with the picture (aside from the ridiculous cloth folds & cuffs, which I've given up on). All other advice would be super appreciated too!
Original head size

Or maybe it should be bigger, or something inbetween?

Anyway I'm imagining a post-trip Sigrun reminiscing about her badass deeds and brandishing one of the awesome artifacts they recovered. I don't suppose anyone knows what it's used for, though, since none of the Scandinavian countries grow any tobacco...

DUDE. That's so cool. I imagined a real-life version of Tuuri to look a little different, but this is adorable and my new headcanon for her appearance. And also, I know what you mean about shadows being darker. That's how I feel all the time too.

*shamelessly smooches that Emil*
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 04:22:33 PM by Aradia »
Pretty OK::russia::usa::germany:
NOT OK::estonia::japan:
OH GOD NO PLEASE STOP::france:
?.. ?.. OK no, these are just my Hetalia ships!

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7472 on: October 25, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »
Could I ask for some help? I was drawing a vest Sigrun (inspired by some drawings from like 20 pages ago, damn you guys move fast!), and I'm not super good at judging proportions. I can't decide if her head is too big, too small or whether there's something else wrong with the picture (aside from the ridiculous cloth folds & cuffs, which I've given up on). All other advice would be super appreciated too!

I think the second one maybe looks better?? All in all, though, I think the drawing looks really good and you're underestimating yourself

*shamelessly smooches that Emil*

SAME
Emil is so great I love him

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #7473 on: October 25, 2015, 04:21:47 PM »
Original head size

Or maybe it should be bigger?

OooOOOOOOOooo, I'm a BIG FAN OF THIS SIGRUN!! I agree with Sigrid, the second one looks better, but overall this drawing looks RAD and i'm really excited to see it finished :D
YEET

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7474 on: October 25, 2015, 04:22:32 PM »
Hello, forum! Long time no see, heh. Nothing special, but I doodled some ridiculous children in chemistry class earlier this week

That Emil <3

Original head size

Or maybe it should be bigger?

Anyway I'm imagining a post-trip Sigrun reminiscing about her badass deeds and brandishing one of the awesome artifacts they recovered. I don't suppose anyone knows what it's used for, though, since none of the Scandinavian countries grow any tobacco...
I prefer the second one :) There's something about the first one that makes her chest seem too long

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #7475 on: October 25, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »
Waahhhhhhhhh Sigrid, dat Emil <3 And Aradia, your Sigrun is most awesome!
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7476 on: October 25, 2015, 05:24:10 PM »

HMMMM both look good, but maybe the second one looks most "right"?? either this is a gorgeous sigrun and I'm so glad you decided to hang out in this thread <3

aaaaaaaaaaa sigrid art!!!!! i'm so happy!!! the style,, so soft and beautiful,,
you'll know where to find me.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7477 on: October 25, 2015, 05:39:33 PM »
That Emil <3
Waahhhhhhhhh Sigrid, dat Emil <3

Thank you!

aaaaaaaaaaa sigrid art!!!!! i'm so happy!!! the style,, so soft and beautiful,,

I'm glad people seem to have missed me?? Sorry for being so inactive lately, I've been a bit busy with my own comic project, heh. And thanks!!!

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7478 on: October 25, 2015, 05:44:18 PM »
I'm glad people seem to have missed me?? Sorry for being so inactive lately, I've been a bit busy with my own comic project, heh. And thanks!!!
of course we have! but don't feel obligated to keep doing things, i mean fanart is jsut something you do for fun- HANG ON COMIC PROJECT
O: O: O:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you'll know where to find me.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7479 on: October 25, 2015, 06:07:16 PM »
of course we have! but don't feel obligated to keep doing things, i mean fanart is jsut something you do for fun- HANG ON COMIC PROJECT
O: O: O:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!
I'm really excited about it!!! So basically me and my Newly Acquired Friend are making a comic based on Norwegian folklore/fairy tales and Norse mythology, the main characters including, amongst others, a Russian-inspired demigirl, said demigirl's VERY NERVOUS VERY STRESSED flagpole-shaped cinnamon roll armourer, toll AroAce Viking Princess, Viking Princess' pansexual 165 cm little brother with an inferiority complex, and a raven. Also, we're making the whole thing with pencil, pen and watercolours (and tears) B^)

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7480 on: October 25, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »
So many great artworks again - group appreciation!

Baby Lalli meets his lynx for the first time:
OK, in Minna's world luontos don't exactly look like real animals, but lynxes are just too cute not to draw them :3

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7481 on: October 25, 2015, 06:26:11 PM »
So many great artworks again - group appreciation!

Baby Lalli meets his lynx for the first time:
OK, in Minna's world luontos don't exactly look like real animals, but lynxes are just too cute not to draw them :3

So adorable!! >w<

I found a brush in ps that I wanted to try out, so here's an Emil :) apparently I tried a new style as well

Experimenting with the skin colors below
Spoiler: show

I took a photo of my bf and used as reference, so I tried to color pick and the skin looked so dark (and he's a pale Swede) D=
My progress went from left -> right

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #7482 on: October 25, 2015, 07:22:39 PM »
from the stream!!!!!
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

Amarnur

• Tumblr
  • Hello, forum goers more experienced than I *waves*
« Reply #7483 on: October 25, 2015, 07:27:36 PM »
Sketched this Emil the other day, lined it today on my computer. There are a lot of things I'm not happy with, but on the whole I like it. And I (stupidly) wasn't looking at references while I drew, so a lot of the details are probably super inaccurate, sorry! It's my first time ever posting art on the internet, too, so if I completely messed up the file size or something please let me know!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:13:04 PM by Amarnur »

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #7484 on: October 25, 2015, 07:59:03 PM »
HOW'D THIS THREAD GROW ANOTHER PAGE
So much fabulous art, I think I'm just gonna plaster my face to the screen permanently

Sketched this Emil the other day, lined it today on my computer. There are a lot of things I'm not happy with, but on the whole I like it. And I (stupidly) wasn't looking at references while I drew, so a lot of the details are probably super inaccurate, sorry! It's my first time ever posting art on the internet, too, so if I completely messed up the file size or something please let me know!

Google images don't work on the forum :/ Try another photo storage thingy?
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz