Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484061 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #7395 on: October 22, 2015, 03:03:10 PM »
"Maximum layer count exceeded", you say. What, you can't do better than 256 layers? that's just plain pathetic, SAI. I bet Photoshop could make more layers than you.

H......whhhaaaaaat @_@ what do you even use each of the layers for?? Like. One dot of highlighting each layer?? Thirty different overlays?? explain

[curry.rar stopped working]
YEET

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7396 on: October 22, 2015, 03:04:29 PM »
I've forgotten to comment on this thread once again, and now there are too many beautiful artworks for me to do it properly  :'( so blanket statements of "this is so cool! How do you even draw like that??" to everyone.
Yes, I was talking to you.
You, right there. The one with the face.
Yeah, you.
You're awesome!

"Maximum layer count exceeded", you say. What, you can't do better than 256 layers? that's just plain pathetic, SAI. I bet Photoshop could make more layers than you.

Wow. And I thought my 70-layer project had a lot of layers. *bows to the layer master*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #7397 on: October 22, 2015, 03:10:48 PM »
This
I like this

also wow, I thought I used a lot of layers but you're something else :'D

H......whhhaaaaaat @_@ what do you even use each of the layers for?? Like. One dot of highlighting each layer?? Thirty different overlays?? explain

[curry.rar stopped working]

Thank you :D and yeah, I'm one of those people XD (I've been trying to lessen the amount of layers in my drawings but so far I haven't made much progress)

Actually, yeah, thirty different overlays sounds about right XD you see, I'm one of those insanely meticulous folks who has an individual layer for different parts of lineart, individual layers for different parts of base colours, individual layers for shading(hair, skin, clothing, background etc etc etc), the list goes on and on, aaand before you know it, you've reached the point of over 100 layers, and if you're really smart, you arrange them into folders so you'll actually know which ones have what in them! ...naming them would also work.

Still, what's the point of so many layers, you ask? Why, it's so I can better adjust the tiiny details and correct every tiny little mistake here and there, blame my perfectionist mind. Even if I'll never actually get around correcting all of them.

Although, in my defense, 256 layers is a bit much even for me XD usually it's around 30 - 150

...I know, I know, it's a bit of a bad habit.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:20:36 PM by Sumeri »
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #7398 on: October 22, 2015, 03:38:44 PM »
Unlos, I really like that fur! Don't worry about the eyes too much, it happens :D
Oh and, who's a good procrastinator? That's right, it is I
had no idea what to do with the bottom of pic, left it like that

I don't suppose you guys could come here and do my homework for me

Thank you! I think I'll just imagine him with a piratey eyepatch or something.. :P
What a beautiful procrastination! And 256 layers makes you queen of layers as well as of hair, methinks. I use a lot of the same principles with layer masks and base colors though, so my layers tend to pile up, too. Naming them is essential.

Unlos, but the individual elements look great! Now you just have to learn to zoom out every now and then as you work >.<
Haha yes I will definitely try. And thank you!

Aradia

« Reply #7399 on: October 22, 2015, 03:51:35 PM »

Wow, I love this! Their profiles are so pretty! And the lighting - those are 256 layers well used. And I kind of died when I scrolled down enough to see the hands.
(Also, those Hollow eyes are v. pretty!)

Oh man. I love how in your pictures everyone has something super adorable to do.  I usually zero in on Emil and/or Lalli in group pictures and it's almost an effort to notice everyone else. But when you do group pictures, everyone is just too awesome to ignore. Which is to say, I love every single one of these guys.

Your inking is so cool! I love the look of the fur, it kind of reminds me of Franco-Belgian comics.

swole squad to match callipygous's

Good God! *o* Hilariously, the part I like most is ... Emil's beautiful nose??? Well, more like his entire expression. Like damn, that face! Including that awesome hair, I love how fluffy it looks. And of course the amazing physique! Oops, I think I might like all of it most.
Pretty OK::russia::usa::germany:
NOT OK::estonia::japan:
OH GOD NO PLEASE STOP::france:
?.. ?.. OK no, these are just my Hetalia ships!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7400 on: October 22, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »
Thank you :D and yeah, I'm one of those people XD (I've been trying to lessen the amount of layers in my drawings but so far I haven't made much progress)

Actually, yeah, thirty different overlays sounds about right XD you see, I'm one of those insanely meticulous folks who has an individual layer for different parts of lineart, individual layers for different parts of base colours, individual layers for shading(hair, skin, clothing, background etc etc etc), the list goes on and on, aaand before you know it, you've reached the point of over 100 layers, and if you're really smart, you arrange them into folders so you'll actually know which ones have what in them! ...naming them would also work.

Still, what's the point of so many layers, you ask? Why, it's so I can better adjust the tiiny details and correct every tiny little mistake here and there, blame my perfectionist mind. Even if I'll never actually get around correcting all of them.

Although, in my defense, 256 layers is a bit much even for me XD usually it's around 30 - 150

...I know, I know, it's a bit of a bad habit.

Ohhhh my gosh I'm still amazed?? I... guess I just never really thought about that whole layer thing. I might have something approaching 30 on that first Reynir I did (haaa dont search for it please it's SO BAD) but as soon as I found a painting style I just... Three is what I usually have going on at any given time @_@ I usually merge them after I'm done working on each because I can just paint over it pretty easily. can't get too attached to any of my work

Unlos, but the individual elements look great! Now you just have to learn to zoom out every now and then as you work >.<
Haha yes I will definitely try. And thank you!

Unlos, in photoshop there's this really great thing called liquefy which allows you to move things around really easily without artifacts or loss of quality!! You've done a really pretty job on the individual elements like Rabbit said and as long as you merge everything you want to shift onto one layer you can move them all around really simply with that!! It's saved me so much and I don't know how I managed to go so long without using it :0 It's somewhere under "Filters" for me (why I didn't find it) but I don't know so much about Photoshop Elements.

Also, thank you to everybody who complimented my swole squad! ;w; Expect more from me in the future because I can't stop I love these two it's a sickness reasons??
YEET

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #7401 on: October 22, 2015, 04:09:14 PM »
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Smirty

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7402 on: October 22, 2015, 04:36:31 PM »
*Binges on the last 20 pages* So much great art! Blanket sparkles, EEEEE and!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to everyone who have posted here!

The portrait of Sigrun was SO GREAT and I want very badly to learn how to do that - and as I got some gorgeous custom brushes from Curry that I wanted to try out, I decided to do a portrait of Onni for practice. Sadly somewhere way into the shading (done on a lot few layers than I normally use) I zoomed out to see just how wonky that expression had become (those eyes do not exist on the same plane rrrr) and I just - can't go on with this thing. I mean, I feel like a bit like that expression when looking at the picture. Still, good practice and I am in love with the fur brush.

No, he looks very good! I love his pouty expression! You just need to put these eyes on the same plane, that's all. : ) Like this:

See the face as if it was a slightly bended sheet of paper facing forward (delimited by the two outside verticals I drew on there). Then the rest of the head is a box right behind it (indicated by the tangent I drew just before his ear). It works all in perspective. So the eyes are on this sheet of paper, aligned with the nose and the mouth. The curve I drew under the eyes and touching the top of the nose is a guideline I like to use for eye placement and it represents the skull's zygomatic bones, it will usually contain the eye bags if there are any on the character. But you don't have to use it if it doesn't speak to you. : )

This is what my red lines correspond to:
My webcomic: Angels Power | Going to Kickstarter in a couple of days, omg. 0_0'''
Native: :belgium: (Fluent: Français Fluent: English)

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #7403 on: October 22, 2015, 04:56:42 PM »
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #7404 on: October 22, 2015, 04:57:43 PM »

There's been so much in the thread lately, but this... THIS! You've made my day. And night. And entire week, in fact. Everyone's in the right place doing the right thing. Couldn't make it any better. You've made this old sad gal happy.
*dries tears*

And by the way, this have been up on tumblr for some time already, so you could have already seen it. I think it's better to be here than in the crossover thread, 'cause I haven't really put any deep thought behind this decision and can't give any proper explanation.
So, ahem, Warhammer Onni. Because I have a thing for grumpy mages since my first fantasy books.

The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #7405 on: October 22, 2015, 05:19:43 PM »
No, he looks very good! I love his pouty expression! You just need to put these eyes on the same plane, that's all. : ) Like this:

See the face as if it was a slightly bended sheet of paper facing forward (delimited by the two outside verticals I drew on there). Then the rest of the head is a box right behind it (indicated by the tangent I drew just before his ear). It works all in perspective. So the eyes are on this sheet of paper, aligned with the nose and the mouth. The curve I drew under the eyes and touching the top of the nose is a guideline I like to use for eye placement and it represents the skull's zygomatic bones, it will usually contain the eye bags if there are any on the character. But you don't have to use it if it doesn't speak to you. : )

This is what my red lines correspond to:

Wow, u fixed it!! That does speak a lot to me, I have very consistently been placing eyebrows and eyes on a wrong plane, and this can help me, so thank you!
(Curry, I have been nudging things with liquefy for the past half hour, what a great function, thanks for letting me know about it!)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:23:13 PM by Unlos »

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #7406 on: October 22, 2015, 05:36:05 PM »
There's been so much in the thread lately, but this... THIS! You've made my day. And night. And entire week, in fact. Everyone's in the right place doing the right thing. Couldn't make it any better. You've made this old sad gal happy.
*dries tears*

And by the way, this have been up on tumblr for some time already, so you could have already seen it. I think it's better to be here than in the crossover thread, 'cause I haven't really put any deep thought behind this decision and can't give any proper explanation.
So, ahem, Warhammer Onni. Because I have a thing for grumpy mages since my first fantasy books.

THIS

is awesomeness! Grumpy mages<3
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7407 on: October 22, 2015, 06:10:38 PM »
(Curry, I have been nudging things with liquefy for the past half hour, what a great function, thanks for letting me know about it!)

No problem!! I'm SUCH A FAN OF LIQUEFY and I use it on pretty much everything ;v;)b I'm glad I helped!!!
YEET

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #7408 on: October 22, 2015, 06:18:25 PM »
I was trying to dispel art block by doing something small and cute and what the fudge even happened

in which Rabbit tries YET ANOTHER digital style out of the blue yay =.=
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:55:36 PM by Rabbit »
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #7409 on: October 22, 2015, 06:24:08 PM »
I was trying to dispel art block by doing something small and cute and what the fudge even happened

in which Rabbit tries YET ANOTHER digital style out of the blue yay =.=

Whatever happened, I like it. : D Especially what you did with the lighting here.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge