Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483943 times)

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #7290 on: October 18, 2015, 01:45:10 AM »
At con I saw a girl (from affar) with red hair in dress with some weapon, and I was like "she reminds me of Sigrun.... Sigrun in a Dress"
I wanted to draw it, but I fail at drawing such dress I wanted to, this turned out too simple dress, I can't details

can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #7291 on: October 18, 2015, 01:53:12 AM »
Have to compliment you on that hair shading.
It's definetively one of the best cartoony hairs I've seen in a long while.

The fabric looks neat too, but the hair is just WOAH.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7292 on: October 18, 2015, 02:29:29 AM »
At con I saw a girl (from affar) with red hair in dress with some weapon, and I was like "she reminds me of Sigrun.... Sigrun in a Dress"
I wanted to draw it, but I fail at drawing such dress I wanted to, this turned out too simple dress, I can't details

I agree with John, I think the dress and the hair are very well drawn. The dress is not too simple, I think the style fits her quite well. In fact, I kinda want that dress now... *stealz* ;)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #7293 on: October 18, 2015, 03:08:52 AM »
Have to compliment you on that hair shading.
It's definetively one of the best cartoony hairs I've seen in a long while.

The fabric looks neat too, but the hair is just WOAH.

the hair? I actually did not do anything special or nice on the hair, I tried to make the skirt look okay and I forgot to work on the hair.

I agree with John, I think the dress and the hair are very well drawn. The dress is not too simple, I think the style fits her quite well. In fact, I kinda want that dress now... *stealz* ;)

I hate skirts and dresses, but sometimes I am fond of them, of if they are simple like this (no tons of details) I want them too, soooo, THIS IS GOING TO MY DRESS, GET YOUR OWN DRESS xD
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

indui

• most best
« Reply #7294 on: October 18, 2015, 03:22:53 AM »

oH MY GOD -D -DDDDdD Ddd

*is broken* helP.............................THIS IS AMAZING.. I LOVE YOUR STYLE OH MY GOLLY
Someday I'll be able to make fanart worthy of how much I love these characters C:[deviantart] [tumblr]

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #7295 on: October 18, 2015, 03:50:42 AM »
Kinda want to ask since I've seen those a lot:

What is the deeper meaning of those flower crowns?

Im assuming its a form of declaring to someone in Nordic countries, but I really have no idea.
I don't really think it has a deeper meaning?
It's just something that younger kids do.
Don't quote me on that, mind.

Simplicity isn't necessarily a bad thing! I think it's an amazing piece.
Anyway, you've got the detail on the knife perfect.

Cerberyusu, that Lalli is just..

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7296 on: October 18, 2015, 04:44:00 AM »
Kinda want to ask since I've seen those a lot:

What is the deeper meaning of those flower crowns?

Im assuming its a form of declaring to someone in Nordic countries, but I really have no idea.
the deeper meaning of flower crowns is that they look cute ^______________^
because if there is any deeper meaning than that i don't know about it and may have messed up? who knows. They've been kinda trendy lately - "flowercrown edits" were all the rage on The Tumblr for a while, and the stores certainly were stocked up on plastic flower crowns this summer.

that... that actually works? seems like a dare from the other troll hunters. "i bet you can't slay trolls in a dress" which was the only way to ever see sigrun in a dress. ever

this bodes for a very interesting glass project O:
you'll know where to find me.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #7297 on: October 18, 2015, 05:22:09 AM »
Nowadays the flower crowns are just a pretty, and currently fashionable, but old time they were a fertility thing. Hey, springtime in rural cultures. Fun of all kinds!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7298 on: October 18, 2015, 06:51:31 AM »
starfallz, thank you!

AquaArion, Haiz,  it will be a picture on glass. Now I've got only some photoes 'in process'. When I finish it, I'll post pictures in Applied Art thread.

Martti, your Sigrun is adorable!  :D
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #7299 on: October 18, 2015, 10:26:42 AM »

Ohhhh my, this is amazing. o_o
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7300 on: October 18, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »

"If you could wear a dress and still look like you kick butts left, right, front and center ... woudya?"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:09:51 AM by Fimbulvarg »

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #7301 on: October 18, 2015, 12:21:14 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THE LIGHT AND THE DRESS AND THE HAIR AND THE EVERYTHING *u*
The dress suits her especially well.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7302 on: October 18, 2015, 12:59:29 PM »
Martti this is awesome! Ahhh your drawings always make me happy! The lines, the colors, the dress - everything is so beautiful here.

And... looks like i'll continue this story with dresses. It was unexpected even for me myself, but I now i'm in that kind of mood when "I waaaaaant to draw but i don't know whaaaaaaaat to draw".
And i eventually found myself redrawing one old fanart which i started to hate almost immediately after finishing.
I have no excuse for this, but I just... like dresses? Plus I needed some Tuuri in my life.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 01:43:47 PM by misea »
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7304 on: October 18, 2015, 01:41:14 PM »

I always need some Tuuri in my life ^-^
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:28:48 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: