Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484585 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #7140 on: October 12, 2015, 05:03:56 AM »
Do you know you're making a lot of progress in drawing, Kick ? :)

I just really wanted to draw an angry Emil I'm sorry
Hum, excuse me, why are you sorry ? Because it's a very good first drawing here :) (It is your first drawing here, isn't it ? Or I'm sorry for having missed something before. Also, welcome ?)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7141 on: October 12, 2015, 09:50:26 AM »

It's beautiful!

I honestly don't know what's going on. Maybe Lally is happy to see Emil, or he knows Emil will happy to see a huge bonfire, or whatever. And Sigrun is just enjoying the sunset. Of course sunset isn't as beautiful as a dead troll, but why not.

Love your style and sceneries!

I know, I know, it's a bit early for this, but since the SSSSonas have already started preparing for Halloween, I thought maybe our crew should have a ... dress rehearsal?

Halloween costumes and bow ties are cool!

I fiiiinally drew Emil and actually finished the drawing! I have a million little sketches of him but nothing that actually stands on it's own. Until now:

Err, the reason I haven't been posting as much is because of school.

And I am here with another Inktober sketch, this time Emil:

Modeling suits him very well!  :D

*krhm*  apologies for the slightly long post, for there's gonna be a whole lot of pictures (should I put some under a spoiler or is it okay to dump several pics at once? sorry mobile users :D)

BEHOLD

random stuff + some näkki-Lalli sketches I haven't inked/might not ink:

Spoiler: show

Aaaand the "official" Näkki!Lalli -series:

drowning, it ain't nice D: also, some tentacles & overenthusiastic hands dragging our lil mage down under, not to resurface for quite a while...

that feel when you wake up and rise from your pond and think to yourself "man, I could really go for some hoooman flesh right now" and smile

pretty boys luring other pretty boys to be his dinner appeals to me more than it should

//edit: put the sketches under a spoiler, made näkki-pics a tad smaller, I hope there's now a tad less load time for those with slower internet connections,myself included : D (don't know if I should put the näkki-stuff under a spoiler as well? weell if it's needed, let me know?)

*dies*

Since people liked my chibi!Lalli (thank you!!) I tried to do some more:

How cute!!!

What about the 60's?
And look, something strange happened to my drawing: colours!  :)

Clothes fit them well! (─‿‿─)♡

Actually, tbh, I could see ssss more as a liveaction than an animated movie... but I'd throw all my monies at ANY movie form of this comic huffhUFF!!

I'd throw all my monies at ANY movie form of this comic, too! =)

A Reynir as Inktober #10 :)

Awesome!
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7142 on: October 12, 2015, 02:12:58 PM »
*pops onto forum*
*drops art*

*scuttles away*
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7143 on: October 12, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »
Emil, Tuuri and Lalli look so good in period clothes! period clothes... period...

What about the 60's?

Helia, this is so perfect!  Please tell me Tuuri is wearing a Marimekko-print shift?  (I always wished the girl could have more pretty clothes, which obviously Keuruu is not equipped to provide.)  Headband/tunic Lalli is the Platonic ideal Lalli.  And Emil was born to flaunt those peacock clothes.  Please give him some more!

I also continued the fashion show, this time with the 80's.

I was prepared to be disappointed not to see the rest of the crew in '60s clothes (Mikkel in one of those fringed suede jackets and desert boots, Sigrun hangin' tough in well-worn denim, Reynir the PRECIOUS ADORABLE flower child  anyone feeling their art reflex triggered?). 

But... as an '80s survivor... I have to admit, you made 'em look pretty darn good.  Mikkel in particular -- he's ready for his MTV video.  (I think he could fit right into "Take On Me," except that wasn't a-ha Norwegian?)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:36:05 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7144 on: October 12, 2015, 02:42:49 PM »
*pops onto forum*
*drops art*

*scuttles away*

Adorable as always!  Sigrun would fit right into the '20s AU that SectoBoss and others are drawing up.
I'm getting a distinct Astrid Lindgren vibe from your darling Tuuri.  Is it time for a "Pippi Longstocking" crossover?  Mikkel I suppose would have to be the boring voice of authority (a school inspector or the like), but I bet the rest would fit right in.  (In fact, I strongly suspect Pippi grew up to BE Sigrun.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #7145 on: October 12, 2015, 03:02:01 PM »
:o The Näkki!Lalli series is awesome!

They're still cute :3

I just love this!
note to self: read more fanfics

Emil, Tuuri and Lalli look so good in period clothes! period clothes... period...

What about the 60's?

I cannot help but feel that there might have been a missed opportunity here.

Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #7146 on: October 12, 2015, 03:12:43 PM »
* kauniitaunia jumps on the 1920s au bandwagon because I will use literally any excuse to draw Lalli

yay for boring poses!
Also I said in my last post here that I would draw Emil with short hair, and I did. I'm not sure how Emil-like this actually looks, because his hair is a really defining feature (as we all know). I tried.

just ignore the cut-off sketch in that one - it's just a quick pose study I did, and then stupidly decided to draw directly above without enough room
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7147 on: October 12, 2015, 03:40:33 PM »
i will now attempt
Commentary

@everyone who drew 20s stuff (aka curry, kauniita, RTR): i love you

Kick: that is a super nice sgru and emil!! anatomy and poses are getting better : D

blackberryblossoms: angry emil drawing has rly nice dynamic, thumbs up

Piney: that braidspiral is literally the reynirvoid

you'll know where to find me.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7148 on: October 12, 2015, 06:42:14 PM »
this doublepost is dedicated to Minna Sundberg and everyone who needs an encouraging sigrun pointing fingerguns at you

Mélusine

« Reply #7149 on: October 12, 2015, 06:52:56 PM »
this doublepost is dedicated to Minna Sundberg and everyone who needs an encouraging sigrun pointing fingerguns at you
Will you show it to Minna in the comments ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7150 on: October 12, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7151 on: October 12, 2015, 07:00:49 PM »

That is awesome! Thank you for doing this :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #7152 on: October 12, 2015, 07:02:23 PM »

What a good sigrun. I love this Sigrun. I can Trust this Sigrun
YEET

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #7153 on: October 12, 2015, 07:04:43 PM »
Helia: all your 60s characters are delightful, especially headband Lalli (who needs a nice rope of sandalwood beads), and Tuuri in her flower dress.

Haiz: I love your Sigrun! Let's hope your art cheers Minna up. You should send it to her, since I don't know whether she comes much on the Forum?

All the 20s artists and writers: has anyone thought of a Phryne Fisher crossover? Brilliant detective stories set in the 1920s, with fashion, passion and wild adventure. The books are better than the television show, but even that is pretty good. And I can totally see Sigrun flying light planes, driving a battlefield ambulance dangerously, consorting with anarchists and scandalising High Society. She would totally rock Phryne's clothes (so would Reynir).

Edit: And while I was slowly typing this, several other people said the same thing!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:07:36 PM by Róisín »
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7154 on: October 12, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: