Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484450 times)

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2014, 05:39:01 PM »
That's cool! (I was tempted to say "too small! Too small!" but restrained myself.  :P

I love that image. :)
Aw, thank you. (And don't you dare!)
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

SravenDou

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2014, 01:18:56 AM »
I made a quick sketch of Lalli because I like him ! =D It's my first time on the forum! Be gentle with my art please :s (and sorry for my not so good English...My main language is French)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2014, 01:28:47 AM »
I made a quick sketch of Lalli because I like him ! =D It's my first time on the forum! Be gentle with my art please :s (and sorry for my not so good English...My main language is French)

Welcome!  Bienvenu(e)!  I think your art is great (and the right size for my small browser) -- but we're always friendly, regardless. 

It's nice to have another French speaker.  There are several Francophones here already.  (I was going to say "compatriots," but it occurred to me that you could be Belgian, Swiss, African, Tahitian, or from many other corners of the world.)

Please make yourself at home in the forum.  If we could offer you coffee and pastries, Swedish-style, we would. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2014, 02:03:28 AM »

That's amazing! I love the coloring~
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2014, 04:42:50 AM »

It's amazing! Now, go on and introduce yourself properly in the Introduction Thread!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

SravenDou

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2014, 02:34:29 PM »
Thanks for the good comments! ^w^
And introduction doooone!

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2014, 09:43:49 PM »
Uh, woah.  Nice job!  I really like his neck/shoulder area and the fluffy tufts of jacket fur.
Feel free to PM.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2014, 04:05:05 AM »
Hi guys! First time posting, long time lurker!  ;D

I'm lovin' all the art that's popping up here, but as a newbie to this form of forum (yay alliteration!), how do I view the fan-art that is posted as attachments?

And for future reference, is there a nice clean-cut way to post pictures on the page with coding?

Sorry for my non-computer-savvy neediness guys   :-\
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2014, 06:01:27 AM »

That's great, well done. The only constructive criticism I have is that the back of his head could be a bit further to the right in this picture so that his profile would be wider. You can see his neck curve upwards behind his head but it's a bit hard to imagine where it connects with the cranium.
I hope that was gentle enough, it was meant to be helpful.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »
Hi guys! First time posting, long time lurker!  ;D

I'm lovin' all the art that's popping up here, but as a newbie to this form of forum (yay alliteration!), how do I view the fan-art that is posted as attachments?

And for future reference, is there a nice clean-cut way to post pictures on the page with coding?

Sorry for my non-computer-savvy neediness guys   :-\

No need to apologize -- we're happy to help, and a lot of us started as non-computer-savvy.

See the buttons above each new post?  2nd row, 1st on left, "Insert Image."  Define the code for your image's link and then hit the button.

Or manually add "," kind of like HTML.

To manually resize the image, change the first command to [img width=500] -- or whatever size you like.  I believe the # = pixel size, so 400 to 700 width will be a good size for most people's browsers.

FYI, if your image source gives you a choice of code formats (e.g. Imgur, which I use), chose BBCode, not HTML.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:12:55 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

SravenDou

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2014, 12:44:47 PM »
I see your point Fimbulvarg, and I think you are right! It's always good to have the eyes of someone else, you can see stuff that I won't see. Thanks ^w^

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2014, 01:50:35 PM »
There's a neat trick for spotting errors in proportions, and that is to reflect the image left-right. Works very well except for perfectly mirror-symmetrical artworks!
My one-and-only: :uk:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2014, 05:38:01 PM »
On the second page of this thread I posted all the BBCode needed to post images and resize them. Would people like me to change that around to a walkthrough and put that into the very first post as a sort of "how-to"?

Also, the mirror-imaging is a brilliant trick, and works wonder for digital works, specially as it only takes, what, 2 seconds. I don't always use it, but I do when things are feeling off and I'm not sure what's the problem.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2014, 07:42:02 PM »
Using that thing called "Inverse" always helps. :) I always end up fixing a shoulder or two, or erasing the entire body completely to fix mistakes.

I'm not sure if this works, but sometimes I rotate the drawing, or a specific section of it, too see if I like it at all 360 degrees, and see if it doesn't look weird at any other angle. C:

Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2014, 08:10:12 PM »
Greetings, everyone!
I've been around for about two months already, and finally gathered up some courage to join. Aaaaaand brought you a little sloppy picture as an enterig gift. Well, I'm not Velázquez, not even close, but if this makes at least one person smile, then it wasn't all in vain.
Sick idea I've got from yesterday's page, which was a 'fangirling mass with bazillions of hands chasing after the poor boy'. But it turned into some weird tentacle monster instead... but I couldn't stop myself, so forgive me. :D
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany: