Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483852 times)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #6255 on: September 09, 2015, 01:13:40 AM »

I was thinking about this glorious piece all day and I couldn't stop giggling at the idea of early thirties? Emil posing for this with his James T. Kirk physique (this is my headcanon and nobody can take it from me not even Ms. Sundberg herself) and something happened on my lunch break.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #6256 on: September 09, 2015, 02:16:17 AM »
SO MUCH FABULOUS ART
sorry for blanket statement, literally ready to crash rn and it's eleven when did I turn old
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #6257 on: September 09, 2015, 02:40:13 AM »
I was thinking about this glorious piece all day and I couldn't stop giggling at the idea of early thirties? Emil posing for this with his James T. Kirk physique (this is my headcanon and nobody can take it from me not even Ms. Sundberg herself) and something happened on my lunch break.

I love it!  Is that a majorette's baton he's wielding for the artist?  (Oh wait -- they have baton-twirling in Texas  ;) but probably not in Y101 Sweden...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #6258 on: September 09, 2015, 04:05:04 AM »
Have I said how hilarious and wonderful and kinda hot this is?   I have not.  Mea culpa.  This is adorable and funny and totally headcanon.  PLUS BONUS FEMINIST ART-HISTORY ANALYSIS with Black Widow references! 

Please, please, more Emil posters?  (Including more accidental booty because I am trash.)
...Sunflower....are you ok there? X'D Are you unwell? Have you been hacked? I never would have imagined I'd see a day you'd type...thaAT (It took me half an our to type this because I couldn't stop laughing/screaming/crying) what about Mikkel You could never be trash u__u

This is amazing OuO (Older Kirk? XD I randomly googled for young Kirk for comparison and I honestly didn't recognise the guy o__o) I can imagine him finally seeing the printed posters and just grabbing one close to his face like "WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MY BODY" and Marta's like "What's the fuss about let me seeeeEEEE OH MY GOODNESS WHAT?! Hey maybe we can pin the grocery list over the troll hoard that'd be quite fu--" "Marta, please!"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:53:04 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6259 on: September 09, 2015, 04:50:43 AM »

Nice, I imagine he's got no idea what the tool he's got in his hand is supposed to be used for. "This? Haha, of course I know how to use it, do you take me for some kind of uneducated oaf, ha ha!".

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6260 on: September 09, 2015, 06:18:28 AM »

In love with your paintings, as always. Árni is so himself here I'm waiting for him to start vocally regretting his life choices any moment now. :D

The picture is a bit blurry but by what I can see that looks like a very good cattank! The headshots are rather well in character too (I'm requesting a Mikkel and a blepcat).

Ahahahahah yes, perfect, I vote this actually happens too. Since you're the forum prophet it's probably really likely to happen, come to think of it...

*casually drops a Sigrun in the thread and backs away slowly*
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6261 on: September 09, 2015, 07:01:24 AM »

*casually drops a Sigrun in the thread and backs away slowly*

Yay! More Sigrun! :D
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #6262 on: September 09, 2015, 07:55:58 AM »
I inked a thing that had been laying around forever in my sketchbook...

Emil, it's not you, it's me, I just can't handle your inhumane swedish beauty, that's why I always make a mess of your face x_x
Oh, and background? What is that? It's edible?
They're cute :) Even if I can't really imagine that happening.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #6263 on: September 09, 2015, 08:35:34 AM »
...Sunflower....are you ok there? X'D Are you unwell? Have you been hacked? I never would have imagined I'd see a day you'd type...thaAT (It took me half an hour to type this because I couldn't stop laughing/screaming/crying) what about Mikkel You could never be trash u__u

You are free to assume that LooNEY_DAC held my shoes hostage.  My favorite, sky-blue suede, driving moccasins.  :o  Or consider that I have a healthy, normal appreciation for healthy physiques, especially as illustrated by a talented artist living up to a talented writer's brilliantly funny prompt. 

Fear not, Mikkel will always be my ideal man.  So big, so strong, so wise and comforting.  (And mmm, those side-whiskers.)  I'm just being... appreciative. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6264 on: September 09, 2015, 10:33:12 AM »
I love it!  Is that a majorette's baton he's wielding for the artist?  (Oh wait -- they have baton-twirling in Texas  ;) but probably not in Y101 Sweden...)
I don't even know, maybe a curtain rod? Mostly because when you've got somebody sitting (or in this case, standing) for a picture you don't want him holding up anything too heavy.
And a bonus Emil:
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6265 on: September 09, 2015, 12:16:32 PM »
Yes to all of that.  OTOH, once Minna shows us the young Hotakainens, we can start building new headcanons.  Daéa Reina, I know you won't let us down with more beautiful artwork, like your drawings of Lallimama and Lallipapa.  What would grandma say...?  (Daéa promptly curls up in distress, hands over ears, at the barrage of guilt-tripping...  ;) )

Nooo, not grandma!! I won't let you down, grandma, don't cry!! @_@
I'll probably have to re-imagine lots of headcanons, but hey, I am not going to complain...

Everyone here posts so fast, I gave up trying to comment on everything a long time ago. I'll just be here, appreciating all this beautiful art.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Adriano

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • We are not in America
« Reply #6266 on: September 09, 2015, 12:26:16 PM »
And a bonus Emil:

Omg omg so cute ! Almost made me cry because of what really happend to Cthulhund...
Born to be Infected !
'Sometimes life is like getting clogged with a clog' - Wolfie.

:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:
Native : :france:
Fluent : :uk:
Knowing a bit : :germany: :portugal:

Adriano

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • We are not in America
« Reply #6267 on: September 09, 2015, 12:50:47 PM »
Here's my doodle for my "SSSS the Great Wash" settings, colors will be online in whoever knows when :

Saint Emil of the Fire Cleanse and the Broken Mages

Spoiler: show

"Day 05, November, Year 106 : Saint Emil of the Fire Cleanse, leader of the Cleansers, has made three prisoners amongst the hundred mages living in Mora and is taking them to their pyre. They have been condemned to death by fire because of collusion with the Rashed.
That day shall be remembered as the first real step into the realization of the Great Wash prophecies and the foundation of the Cleansed World."
 -Mora's Cleansed Archives.

Indeed Emil wiped mages out of Mora because they were suspected of having a link with Rashed ones. But he first killed them to have revenge on all the mage cast. Because of a terrible event that happend two years before...
Born to be Infected !
'Sometimes life is like getting clogged with a clog' - Wolfie.

:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:
Native : :france:
Fluent : :uk:
Knowing a bit : :germany: :portugal:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6268 on: September 09, 2015, 04:18:17 PM »
I have a small art dump!

First, some post cards which have found their way to their recipients:

I posted Árni already.

And here's Emil and DerpKitty, for Helia:

And just for fun:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:34:38 PM by starfallz »
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6269 on: September 09, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »
*admires starfallz's penwork*