Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484581 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #6135 on: September 03, 2015, 07:22:50 PM »

This is so beautiful!! I mistook it for pen & watercolor on my first glance O:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6136 on: September 03, 2015, 07:25:06 PM »
I just inked this and colored it in sai, and I must say, I'm really proud of it! The water color look was fun to do. Inking was a little scary, but it turned out to be really entertaining once I got past the face. I think I might try doing it more often, though it is time consuming. ignore those dots they were supposed to be stars but obviously i failed

Wooooaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh teach me your ways!!! This is beautiful!!!! Please do more stuff like this! The face and the colours and just amazingness!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6137 on: September 03, 2015, 07:28:30 PM »
Aghh, I love all the new stuff so much!

The grandmas killed me! They are so cool! :D

Also, misea that is such a beautiful Reynir!!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #6138 on: September 03, 2015, 10:38:43 PM »
Johannabelle... your Reynir makes me wanna jump in there and take a nap by his starry side ^^ And Aqua's Bottle-Lalli, and Starz's and Helia's Kick-ass Grandmas (each one is awesome in her own way haha)!!!!

I had this sketch from some time ago and inked it with a brush-tip pen I hadn't used before (loved it!)

Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #6139 on: September 03, 2015, 10:48:12 PM »

I had this sketch from some time ago and inked it with a brush-tip pen I hadn't used before (loved it!)

Oh noooo this is way too cute, help, I'm overwhelmed by the adorable!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6140 on: September 03, 2015, 11:01:03 PM »

How is it that you always come up with the cutest little scenarios for your drawings, Antillanka? :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #6141 on: September 03, 2015, 11:29:13 PM »
Aghh, I love all the new stuff so much!

The grandmas killed me! They are so cool! :D

Also, misea that is such a beautiful Reynir!!

Oh no, that's not me, Johannabelle drew it XD I don't think I've ever properly drawn Reynir.... *makes plans to fix that soon*

Johannabelle... your Reynir makes me wanna jump in there and take a nap by his starry side ^^ And Aqua's Bottle-Lalli, and Starz's and Helia's Kick-ass Grandmas (each one is awesome in her own way haha)!!!!

Gosh I love your art so much ;u;
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Mélusine

« Reply #6142 on: September 04, 2015, 04:59:09 AM »
I just inked this traditionally and colored it in sai, and I must say, I'm really proud of it! The water color look was fun to do. Inking was a little scary, but it turned out to be really entertaining once I got past the face. I think I might try doing it more often, though it is time consuming. ignore those dots they were supposed to be stars but obviously i failed
It's wonderful, Johannabelle, really :)

I agree with Piney : how can you always draw such cute things ? :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6143 on: September 04, 2015, 05:22:38 AM »
Why a bottle? Nevermind, I love it!
I dunno? I was bored xD
Thank you! :D

I love all the hardcore grandmas. XD And that water bottle Lalli, every canvas should now be a water bottle.

I just inked this traditionally and colored it in sai, and I must say, I'm really proud of it! The water color look was fun to do. Inking was a little scary, but it turned out to be really entertaining once I got past the face. I think I might try doing it more often, though it is time consuming. ignore those dots they were supposed to be stars but obviously i failed

Yes, let's draw on everything!
This gorgeous! You could have totally fooled me that it was traditional :o I really like his face and the detail you put into his hair :D

So cute! Tuuri looks so sweet and happy, and she's adorable in those pants ^w^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6144 on: September 04, 2015, 11:14:35 AM »
I've wanted to see Sigrun drawn in the style of H.J. Ford since chapter 4 and I finally gave it a shot. Of course it was kind of like Quentin Blake attempting to imitate Norman Rockwell, but at least I tried.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #6145 on: September 04, 2015, 11:17:03 AM »
I've wanted to see Sigrun drawn in the style of H.J. Ford since chapter 4 and I finally gave it a shot. Of course it was kind of like Quentin Blake attempting to imitate Norman Rockwell, but at least I tried.

That's beautiful, RTR, and a great analogy!   :D  (Suddenly wants to see one of Norman Rockwell's paintings interpreted in Quentin Blake's notoriously spiky, scribbly, amusing style.)

But... who is H.J. Ford?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #6146 on: September 04, 2015, 11:18:32 AM »

For someone who don't know H.J Ford (:-[) it's a beautiful drawing, you know... Nice to see more of yours :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6147 on: September 04, 2015, 11:27:06 AM »
That's beautiful, RTR, and a great analogy!   :D  (Suddenly wants to see one of Norman Rockwell's paintings interpreted in Quentin Blake's notoriously spiky, scribbly, amusing style.)

But... who is H.J. Ford?
For someone who don't know H.J Ford (:-[) it's a beautiful drawing, you know... Nice to see more of yours :)
Oh you poor, deprived children.
This is H. J. Ford.

Known as "The Master of the Pen," he is today best known for his illustrations in Andrew Lang's colored Fairy Books, aka my childhood.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #6148 on: September 04, 2015, 11:31:10 AM »
Oh you poor, deprived children.
This is H. J. Ford.

Known as "The Master of the Pen," he is today best known for his illustrations in Andrew Lang's colored Fairy Books, aka my childhood.

Ooh, beautiful.....

But it seems like hair fwooosh* is a major part of Ford's style.  Sigrun, for all her awesomeness, doesn't have much fwooosh.  But... Reynir? 

* A licensed trademark of Haiz Inc. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #6149 on: September 04, 2015, 11:32:36 AM »

*_* This looks so cool! Now that you posted the Ford images downthread, I can see what you were going for (I didn't recognize the name at first, but I do recognize the art now). Pretty good attempt at echoing the style, I think.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge