Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484051 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #6015 on: August 28, 2015, 08:26:36 PM »
I think that's because it was happening at the same time you joined. First impression of the art museum = the crew as mermaids  :o

Hmm, well this is a great webcomic. I wonder what the fans are like-- OH GODS WHY?

[ten minutes later]

I wonder if I could draw that...
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #6016 on: August 29, 2015, 01:12:18 AM »
the mermikkel era was a beautiful time and everyone ought to check it out.

I loved the Mermikkel era so much, it's still burning across my brain in a wonderful bonfire of amazingness.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #6017 on: August 29, 2015, 03:23:23 AM »
Another tired blanket appreciation statement (sorry T_T)!

*nervous laughing* make that 75
Spoiler: show

Emil claimed that he was just cold. Based off of this conversation I had on Disqus

(in retrospect this actually may or may not be what was asked for woops)

Your linework is beautiful c:

Most certainly!

Emil is only on the 4th place... then I have to drop this here (sorry for the bad photo):

I got a cute memo block with butterflies from a colleague, and my first thought was to draw an Emil (well, he turned out a bit derpy...)
And no, I'm not addicted. Not at all.

He didn't turn out derpy at all! It's fabulous :)
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6018 on: August 29, 2015, 10:15:16 AM »
So... there is a need for more Mikkels.

Summer in Bornholm

...and now back to crocheting
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #6019 on: August 29, 2015, 10:19:10 AM »

Summer in Bornholm

AHH this is wonderful, such a nice peaceful atmosphere, yes! I love it. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6020 on: August 29, 2015, 10:35:47 AM »

Summer in Bornholm

Yes, this is perfection through simplicity. Also; bonus point for Mikkel fanart, you are doing this thread a tremendous favour.

P__

« Reply #6021 on: August 29, 2015, 01:39:10 PM »
phew! It took a while (mostly due to breaks needed to process the arts without croaking), but I'm finally caught up. And I must say, holy mother of wow! what a wonderful, beautiful trek <3
you all are wonderful people making magnificent things and I cannot express how absolutely stunned I am every time. No amount of Tuuri or starry-eyed-purrito reaction pics will suffice. bravo and thank you!

also
Now, for some art museum statistics!
you are a crazy person. congratulations and thanks for the work :) (and I agree with the popular opinion that there aren't enough Mikkels. Also, that seems to mean there's now some 1400+ pieces of art here. wow!)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #6022 on: August 29, 2015, 01:43:48 PM »

Summer in Bornholm

Really nice! I like the fact that you cared to add background details like the sea and the woman working on hay. Makes it so much better!
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #6023 on: August 29, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »

Summer in Bornholm

YOUR PENWORK IS SO NICE HOW
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

StarN1ght

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #6024 on: August 29, 2015, 03:18:41 PM »
Hello everyone, I drew a thing. It's like 4000 pixels wide, so I'll link it: http://starnight5.deviantart.com/art/MLP-SSSS-Cast-556965364

It's kind of an MLP version of Page 65, only not quite. I've got my own characters, and one MLP character, in the place of the crew, and the background is... rather different, and colorful. I suppose I could make it more 'main cast as ponies' at some point in the future, but I think it's fine as is. :) I also have some screenshots of my progress: http://sta.sh/2fpsphi13bq
(Everyone's art looks so great, wow! :0)
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book3: :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6025 on: August 29, 2015, 03:49:43 PM »

Pffftt someone's skipping work at haymaking time! :D Not that I blame him, traditional style haymaking is a lot of work. I love this, it's simple and effective and indeed, the art thread needs more Mikkels and Tuuris. Here's my (small) contribution for the cause, that I painted around the MerMikkeling time:

Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #6026 on: August 29, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
I've drawn Mikkel's childhood before, but just as sketches, so now I wanted to do something more concrete haha! I remember when Siggy was trying to tease him about his farm life in Bronhlom and he smiled smugly as he recognized he washed pigs... I want to think he might've been remembering episodes like this:

Of course, it ended up like this

Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #6027 on: August 29, 2015, 04:56:03 PM »
Hello everyone, I drew a thing. It's like 4000 pixels wide, so I'll link it: http://starnight5.deviantart.com/art/MLP-SSSS-Cast-556965364

It's kind of an MLP version of Page 65, only not quite. I've got my own characters, and one MLP character, in the place of the crew, and the background is... rather different, and colorful. I suppose I could make it more 'main cast as ponies' at some point in the future, but I think it's fine as is. :) I also have some screenshots of my progress: http://sta.sh/2fpsphi13bq
(Everyone's art looks so great, wow! :0)

I like the looks of this, you can quite clearly recognize who's the stand-in for who. Cast-as-ponies is a nice idea - I think it hasn't been done here before.

Aaah, I already love your watercolours and that's great too! ...is he dancing?

I've drawn Mikkel's childhood before, but just as sketches, so now I wanted to do something more concrete haha! I remember when Siggy was trying to tease him about his farm life in Bronhlom and he smiled smugly as he recognized he washed pigs... I want to think he might've been remembering episodes like this:

;D The pig's expressions and "words"...
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #6028 on: August 29, 2015, 06:06:37 PM »
Messy late night doodles from yesterday; it turns out the Japanese pen I bought entirely for its cuteness is actually really fun to draw with? Who would have thought...

Spoiler: they really are messy, be warned • show

Spoiler: the pen • show

kawaii and functional
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6029 on: August 29, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
Pffftt someone's skipping work at haymaking time! :D Not that I blame him, traditional style haymaking is a lot of work. I love this, it's simple and effective and indeed, the art thread needs more Mikkels and Tuuris. Here's my (small) contribution for the cause, that I painted around the MerMikkeling time:

I'm afraid, our "farm boy" isn't that keen to help out on the farm after all...  ;)

What a graceful MerMikkel! And I just love the coulours.

This is so cute!  :D

Ummm... if this thread needs more Mikkel and Tuuri, why don't we have a Mikkel and/or Tuuri art challenge?
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: