Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483797 times)

videovance

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5655 on: August 14, 2015, 04:28:32 AM »
[yells] sorry for the blanket statement, but seriously, you all have lovely art and you are all super talented!!!

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5656 on: August 14, 2015, 05:06:59 AM »

WHAT A CUTE. i like how your tumblr tag for him is 'gingerbread mage boy' but now it's like nah. cupcake. but it's true he's a cupcake

aaa it's nice to see your art again!! you're so good at creating silly situations with these characters! in the second one, reynir looks like he's reenacting somethign that happened that day and he's currently imitating some grumpy grandpa or something.

Hello! Everyone is making such beautiful arts here! As I go through the thread I wish I could comment on stuff that was posted months and months ago. There is so much talent here!

I have a small announcement. I am currently working on a skalding project for the art museum. At this point I am just over half way though this thread, but I have seen a several posts with broken url links. This is completely optional, but if you know you have broken links and you want to go back and fix them I would really appreciate it. We have something exciting with the art museum planned for you guys, and it won't work without urls. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
(everyone with working urls can ignore this)

Thank you!
I AM INTRUIGED.
I think my url's are all good and happy, but would it be too much to ask that you notify me if you find that I don't? I have a bit too many posts and been in this thread for a bit too long to really find out for myself, unless I browse through the past 200+ pages^^"

Captain Amelia + Sigrun, I think now you're just deliberately trying to break me. Congratulations, it's working too... especially the coloured picture has my heart! :-*
yes. every sigrun i ever draw is designed to break you and you specifically. same as every reynir is designed to break poor para, apparently

Yes. Just yes. Now I'm tempted to do draw a viking ship with those crazy sunsails and thrusters to make it complete. I've never drawn ships. Yeah.

I think I'll need to rewatch Treasure Planet soon... not because it's very good, but because I watched it so many times as a child... ^-^
Maybe Atlantis: The Lost Empire as well.
ooooh man solar sail vikingships THAT'S A WONDERFUL IDEA

sCREECHES because atlantis is my favourite disney movie along with treasure planet. you do NOT want to know how many times i've rewatched these two movies
Spoiler: i can probably quote both movies back and forth into infinity • show

"Let me make this as monosyllabic as possible. I. don't. much. care. for. this. crew. you. hired. They're... how did I describe them, Mikkel? I said something rather good this morning before coffee."
"A ludicrous parcel of driveling galloots, ma'am."
"There you go, poetry."

also also many thank to everyone else who commented you're so nice!!
you'll know where to find me.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #5657 on: August 14, 2015, 06:00:55 AM »
i have
crossover doodls
namely
sigrun eide
as captain amelia

Spoiler: reference pic • show

or i mean i tried. honestly i should have gone to bed ages ago
FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I HAVE SILENTLY WAITED FOR SOOOOOOO LONGGGGGGGG YOU HAVE NO IDEAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA A A AAAAAA. aaOOOOOOOOO *operatic*
U___U

There's been lots of good art lately!! Amazing job, everyone! ;D

I've been really really unable to draw anything decent lately, and my attempts to overcome my art block/art slump/whatever it is called resulted in some weird stuff.

Reynir and Tuuri being silly.

Reynir being... I don't know what that is supposed to be.
:D :D :D
For some reason, the way you draw Reynir's face reminds me of a kid in my sister's drama class? :O
Also Errol Flynn... Maybe...minus the chin...actually they're not that similar now I looked at actual pictures :/ my minds playing tricks
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:16:57 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #5658 on: August 14, 2015, 06:23:36 AM »
Woo, so many pretty things here... The Amelia-Sigrun is excellent, especially the second one, and being on boredom-holidays myself, I deeply sympathize with the hawaii-shirt Reynir here.  ;)

And the mysterious mysterious Art Museum project... I'm super curious.
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #5659 on: August 14, 2015, 07:26:46 AM »
I AM INTRUIGED.
I think my url's are all good and happy, but would it be too much to ask that you notify me if you find that I don't? I have a bit too many posts and been in this thread for a bit too long to really find out for myself, unless I browse through the past 200+ pages^^"

I think you're ok. But you could always go through your own post log. I know that's probably not much better for you because you have a lot of posts, but I guarantee it's shorter than the art museum. Also you've been posting since about page 95. How do I know? I had to redo part of my spreadsheet to accommodate the sheer amount of Haiz art ;)

I will keep an eye out for broken links in the future. I do remember some from Curry and Piney for sure.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5660 on: August 14, 2015, 10:51:31 AM »
Blanket thank you to all the Reynir commenters!! I'm glad you're all as enthusiastic about Reynir in pink as I am ehehe. the thing with the lines is that I was feeling SUPER lazy so instead of coloring them in and then shading them like normal, I just kind of... turned color jitter on and that is why the lines are subtly rainbow. oops

say what

I will keep an eye out for broken links in the future. I do remember some from Curry and Piney for sure.

Ehehehehehehehe oops YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5661 on: August 14, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »

Yeah, I remember seeing a broken link on a post of mine a while back (which I fixed), but I don't know if I can go through alllll of my posts to find the others...>.>

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #5662 on: August 14, 2015, 11:29:13 AM »
Yeah, I remember seeing a broken link on a post of mine a while back (which I fixed), but I don't know if I can go through alllll of my posts to find the others...>.>

It's ok, do what you can. It's not mandatory :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5663 on: August 14, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »
I think you're ok. But you could always go through your own post log. I know that's probably not much better for you because you have a lot of posts, but I guarantee it's shorter than the art museum. Also you've been posting since about page 95. How do I know? I had to redo part of my spreadsheet to accommodate the sheer amount of Haiz art ;)
that's what I said, right? 200+ pages- oh wait the thread's closer to 400 pages total now. hahah ha ha

i mean yeah sure going through 154 pages of my own posts is less than 300 but I still don't really feel up to the task :'D

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I HAVE SILENTLY WAITED FOR SOOOOOOO LONGGGGGGGG YOU HAVE NO IDEAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA A A AAAAAA. aaOOOOOOOOO *operatic*
U___U
ahahah I forgot to thank you for this glorious comment it made me smile real wide!! you should have spoken up about this earlier, I've had amelia!sgru on my to-draw list for literal months
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:23:36 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #5664 on: August 14, 2015, 12:27:09 PM »
that's what I said, right? 200+ pages- oh wait the thread's closer to 400 pages total now. hahah ha ha

i mean yeah sure going through 154 pages of my own posts is less than 300 but I still don't really feel up to the task :'D

I just talked to Curry, and I might be able to make a list of broken urls next week while I'm collecting them. I can post the names of the people and the post number and then they can choose to fix it if they still have the url. It's not going to be perfect because a lot of the earlier ones are from people who no longer post on the forum. Also, Haiz, I don't recall seeing any of yours broken. I think today I only saw one from Oh Deer. I'm on page 300 now *collapses from exhaustion* Wow you guys art a lot :D

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #5665 on: August 14, 2015, 02:15:29 PM »
So as you may have read Auleliel and I had a little meetup, in the course of which I doodled her a Lalli. Aul agreed to share so here it is!

I will stress I did this in pen with only a very basic sketch underneath so uh, disregard the anatomy, but I still kinda like it! And Aul appeared to like it too, which is the most important thing! :)
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5666 on: August 14, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »
I just talked to Curry, and I might be able to make a list of broken urls next week while I'm collecting them. I can post the names of the people and the post number and then they can choose to fix it if they still have the url. It's not going to be perfect because a lot of the earlier ones are from people who no longer post on the forum. Also, Haiz, I don't recall seeing any of yours broken. I think today I only saw one from Oh Deer. I'm on page 300 now *collapses from exhaustion* Wow you guys art a lot :D

Okay, I just went through my posts, found this one that was broken, and fixed it!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5667 on: August 14, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »
So as you may have read Auleliel and I had a little meetup, in the course of which I doodled her a Lalli. Aul agreed to share so here it is!

I will stress I did this in pen with only a very basic sketch underneath so uh, disregard the anatomy, but I still kinda like it! And Aul appeared to like it too, which is the most important thing! :)

Rabbit, your pen skills are AMAZING and I love how you hatched this! The ink looks so smooth and wonderful and aaaaaaaaa I love it :____3c
YEET

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #5668 on: August 14, 2015, 02:48:31 PM »

Eeeeeeee! That is amazing! I want it! Oh, wait, I already have it! EEEEEEE! :))
* Auleliel clutches the Lallidoodle close to her heart while carefully not wrinkling it.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #5669 on: August 14, 2015, 03:17:02 PM »

*utterly speachless and awed*

The CLOTHES, the SCENERY, all the small DETAILS...!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:19:38 PM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9: