Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484138 times)

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5550 on: August 06, 2015, 06:04:58 PM »
I have completed yet a second Sailor Reynir! There is a transparent version on tumblr!

Because I am trash and wanted to waste a couple hours of my life. It's actually mostly traced but I needed to get a feel of the pose ;;

Looks good! Nice manipulation of the hair (and now I'm imagining the transformation sequence Reynir-ified). XD
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #5551 on: August 06, 2015, 07:15:34 PM »
hqhaha this is like my first time trying shading digtally wooo hoooo (or in general really)

turns out firealpaca does have opacity lock! who knew! (how do you color hair)

@piney: the only reason the eyes are that way is because i stayed up all night reading the plume webcomic, that's the way the creator colors eyes, and i got inspired an failed (maybe i need to stop outlining the eyes in black??????? )

@kat: there was no reason real to do this but
how i draw emil i guess

Spoiler: show

i only did this to share the phrase "hair walnut" with the world if im going to be honest

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #5552 on: August 06, 2015, 08:43:48 PM »
hqhaha this is like my first time trying shading digtally wooo hoooo (or in general really)

@piney: the only reason the eyes are that way is because i stayed up all night reading the plume webcomic, that's the way the creator colors eyes, and i got inspired an failed (maybe i need to stop outlining the eyes in black??????? )

Your Emil is awesome! And SIGRUN *SQUAWKS* Her hair is gorgeous, and I love the color you chose for her eyes! C: And

( °ー°)
( °ロ°)
( °口°)

YOU ReAD PLUME OH MY GOD I'M HELLA STOKED FOR THIS NEW CHAPTER HOW 'BOUT YOU
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5553 on: August 06, 2015, 08:46:56 PM »

Ohhh, I hadn't see the chapter cover until now! I thought that thing was never going to be updated again!! :O
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5554 on: August 06, 2015, 08:49:42 PM »
Ohhh, I hadn't see the chapter cover until now! I thought that thing was never going to be updated again!! :O

It was a different cover just yesterday, I swear--you woulda seen mostly the back of whoever that guy is (I have idea who he is but is that a spoiler)
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5555 on: August 06, 2015, 09:00:47 PM »

Plume! Hell yeah! (And I like having outlines around the eyes, but of course I'm just a fan  of All Things Lineart)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5556 on: August 06, 2015, 10:13:18 PM »
Your Emil is awesome! And SIGRUN *SQUAWKS* Her hair is gorgeous, and I love the color you chose for her eyes! C: And

( °ー°)
( °ロ°)
( °口°)

Oh thanks a bundle, now I've fallen into the trap of googling it and falling in love with the art and cute character interactions, and I'm just on page 01010! (Which I think is page ten...)
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5557 on: August 06, 2015, 10:15:42 PM »
It was a different cover just yesterday, I swear--you woulda seen mostly the back of whoever that guy is (I have idea who he is but is that a spoiler)

It's been some time since I last read it, so I have no idea who the guy is. ::)

Oh thanks a bundle, now I've fallen into the trap of googling it and falling in love with the art and cute character interactions, and I'm just on page 01010! (Which I think is page ten...)

Plume is lovely, isn't it? The only problem is that there's too little of it. And that the chapter breaks are too looooong.... I almost thought that the author had given up the story.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5558 on: August 06, 2015, 11:17:40 PM »
It's been some time since I last read it, so I have no idea who the guy is. ::)

Plume is lovely, isn't it? The only problem is that there's too little of it. And that the chapter breaks are too looooong.... I almost thought that the author had given up the story.

Plume! Hell yeah! (And I like having outlines around the eyes, but of course I'm just a fan  of All Things Lineart)

Oh god why?! WHY?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!

I hope you're all happy, one hour later and my feels are broken all over the place.  :'(
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #5559 on: August 06, 2015, 11:49:38 PM »

( °ー°)
( °ロ°)
( °口°)

haha im glad u liked it because i hecked up on coloring real bad

also me reading plume is enTIRELY YOUR FAULT EVEN IF YOU DONT KNOW WHY

also i am sad after that chapter end i am sad
i am very sad

anyway i fixed the sigrun because i hecked up on the coloring

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5560 on: August 06, 2015, 11:57:24 PM »

Hoo HOO!! Hair, my friend, happens to be my specialty or at least that's what you all say

I made a quick Sigrun and it turned out to be just the thing for today's Sigrun-centric page!

Time spent: 2 hours

Spoiler: ♡hair painting tutorial♡ • show

Alright, so start out with your face and bod painted and your hair sketch complete!

Get your base color down! This is the mid tone color, and I'll be highlighting and shading on top of this. I color right over the sketch. No regrets. You can do this all on one layer or you can also keep the sketch on a different layer below it. "But I can't shade without lineart," you say! No worries, we'll be adding some of that good stuff in the next step!

Here is where I map out all the strands of hair so I know what's up when I begin coloring! I color each strand individually for maximum impact.

Here, you take a darker color (NOT BLACK. never shade with black. it will weigh down your drawing, take all the life away, and make it look very desaturated and metallic. Not the best for hair or skin, or really anything on a normal human being) and color the general areas of where light won't hit as strongly - don't do this at full opacity, you'll be further darkening it later

Take your midtone/base color and blend out the edges. Go right over the lines. You can do it and everything will be okay.

Now we're moving on to individual strands - take a lighter color (NOT WHITE! don't use white for large areas of highlights for it will make your picture look frosted and washed-out. instead, take a lightened tint of your color and highlight with that. for example, a tint of red would be pink and that's what i'm using here) and gently start to lay out the highlights. I usually do longer highlights on the edges of each strand and then shorter ones connecting that with extra highlights at the edge of each ridge in the hair.

Go in again with the same color. Hit the brightest spots (the edges, for me)

That was looking a bit too bright for me, so I take the midtone on a low opacity and soften the edges of the highlights a bit.

Now I take my shadow color and shade the darks, focusing on where light would not be hitting. If there's no light, then it's dark. (wow.)

Again, that was also far too harsh for my liking, so I go back in with my midtone and blend the heck out of it. Soft colors, soft transitions, make it easy on your eyes.

For the rest of the hair here, I repeated the last four steps. Note: if you add too many super-bright highlights, it can be a strain on your eyes. Therefore, for most of the other highlights, I went ahead and took a lighter color in between the super light highlight and the midtone for the rest of the highlights further away from her face.

Speaking of trying to be easy on your eyes, I hated the relationship between the face and shirt colors and the hair, so I made them much darker and more saturated and desaturated the hair so that it would mesh better.

I thought the shadows were too desaturated so I went back in with a dark, saturated wine red and went over all the shading to make it less awful-looking. I also messily brought the highlights back out again with a large brush on low opacity, as you can see. Between this picture and the final image, I went back in and re-added the lines in my saturated wine red and blended the messy highlights back out again. Voila! Hair!

YEET

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5561 on: August 07, 2015, 01:34:32 AM »
Oh god why?! WHY?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!

I hope you're all happy, one hour later and my feels are broken all over the place.  :'(

haha im glad u liked it because i hecked up on coloring real bad

also me reading plume is enTIRELY YOUR FAULT EVEN IF YOU DONT KNOW WHY

also i am sad after that chapter end i am sad
i am very sad

anyway i fixed the sigrun because i hecked up on the coloring

MWAHAHAHAHA >:D Hey, at least you didn't have to suffer through the... I think it was three-month hiatus? ._.

KicknRun, I think I might have an idea why (it's that commentary/review of Plume, isn't it? and/or the fanarts I reblogged? or is it something else?). Either way, can't say I'm sorry C: *cackles some more* okay I'm a little sorry. just a little. also nice background for Sigrun, the colors are really pretty :D

Curry, that Sigrun is gorgeous ♡u♡

Kat Sohma

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Neopolitan Stan
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #5562 on: August 07, 2015, 04:22:33 AM »
So many gorge Sigrun's!

Now before I head off to bed (It's 3:18 hahah) I thought I'd share this wip because I think it's coming out good Why I even started it idk

I still have 3 members to add but hahahaha here
Intergalactic nb lesbian, at your service. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book1: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5563 on: August 07, 2015, 04:30:50 AM »
@everyone: MUCH GREAT VErY TALENT

chubby emil!!!! yes!!!!! good!!!!! this was a good request and good conduction of request
.... i don't know if conduction is the right word, what are words

SHRIEKS
this sigrun took me completely unaware
can someone toss more ambulances into the sigrunvoid
and the hair drawing club
just
send help
please
you'll know where to find me.

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #5564 on: August 07, 2015, 06:34:05 AM »
So many gorge Sigrun's!

Now before I head off to bed (It's 3:18 hahah) I thought I'd share this wip because I think it's coming out good Why I even started it idk

I still have 3 members to add but hahahaha here

What an interesting idea! I bet it'll be really cool once it's finished. Nice work! =D
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8: