Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483676 times)

Mogram

• *snerk*
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5370 on: July 27, 2015, 07:06:34 AM »
Dearest Martti, Mogram knows how to ballpoint pen! Tips, yaay
I would recommend first working out which bits of the picture need to be darky shaded looking, and which need to be light and detailed-y. Leave the latter, don't go overboard shading them! Or it turns into a mushy blob of Biro ink. However, for those dark shady bits, crosshatch them! You can't change the line colour or thickness with Biro, but you can change how many lines you put on there! Crosshatching is very useful.
Hooray for tips! Tune in next time. I hope you found that somewhat useful. Crosshatching...
And btw, it looks absolutely fabulous. (I'm loving Mikkel's hair)
I am going to comment on things now:
Haiz, I have great respect for pen-drawings. I'd just like you to know that.
Sigrid Marie, this is how I always see Sigrun
Piney, the red hair is a very lovely touch.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #5371 on: July 27, 2015, 07:20:01 AM »
So it was very hot outside today and I wanted to draw something with stormy weather and I did and now there are clouds outside too! Should've drawn a proper storm.
I. Love. Your. Drawing.

Mad robin, every time you post something it's amazing :) How do you do ?

I drew a Lalli today, in Mélusine's notebook:

i didn't have any references available but I don't think I got the outfit too wrong
Spoiler : Mélusine was "HIIIIIII-Thankyooooooou-HIIIIIII !"

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:26:56 AM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5372 on: July 27, 2015, 08:33:41 AM »
Dearest Martti, Mogram knows how to ballpoint pen! Tips, yaay
I would recommend first working out which bits of the picture need to be darky shaded looking, and which need to be light and detailed-y. Leave the latter, don't go overboard shading them! Or it turns into a mushy blob of Biro ink. However, for those dark shady bits, crosshatch them! You can't change the line colour or thickness with Biro, but you can change how many lines you put on there! Crosshatching is very useful.
Hooray for tips! Tune in next time. I hope you found that somewhat useful. Crosshatching...
And btw, it looks absolutely fabulous. (I'm loving Mikkel's hair)

oh, thanks for tips, I have never did BG and honestly I didn't draw for many years using ballpoint pen. but looking at this really old pic, I did crossings like this.
Spoiler: not ssss art, just example • show

and Hair is something I always loves to colour and draw, especially the wavy-curly hairs are my fav ;3;

Well... actually, I wouldn't make the BG in ballpoint pen. It's time-consuming and it might end up overpowering the characters because of all the details (though it depends on the style you choose). Try pencil or some light markers? Anyway, my advice is to keep it light and minimalist.

but using a completely different style of shading in the BG would look weird. if I use pencil or something for BG, I might use it for the characters as well. (I have no light marker, they are super expensive and I am poor) originally I wanted to use coloured pencils for the whole but I ended up sharing with pen while outlining
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #5373 on: July 27, 2015, 08:34:39 AM »
oh, thanks for tips, I have never did BG and honestly I didn't draw for many years using ballpoint pen. but looking at this really old pic, I did crossings like this.
Spoiler: not ssss art, just example • show

just saying, it is from 2009..... so old art

and Hair is something I always loves to colour and draw, especially the wavy-curly hairs are my fav ;3;

but using a completely different style of shading in the BG would look weird. if I use pencil or something for BG, I might use it for the characters as well. (I have no light marker, they are super expensive and I am poor) originally I wanted to use coloured pencils for the whole but I ended up sharing with pen while outlining
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #5374 on: July 27, 2015, 09:32:20 AM »
hhhhhhooooooly wow
this is so cool
the perspective
the background
FEARLESS SQUAD LEADER SIGRUN
SLAYER OF GIANTS
yes
so much yes
All of the yes! And thank you so much asdasdkjhgka *rolls around on floor*

That poker face is full of win! Awesome job!
Thanks!

She looks so fierce! The titans should be running from her! ;)
They will realise their mistake soon enough, I believe

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #5375 on: July 27, 2015, 10:40:58 AM »
I wanted to draw kisses (or more) and this is the only yet I doodle, nothing too special yet

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #5376 on: July 27, 2015, 10:48:12 AM »
I wanted to draw kisses (or more) and this is the only yet I doodle, nothing too special yet

*inarticulate screeches of approval*
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5377 on: July 27, 2015, 11:00:18 AM »

Ohhhhhhh Martti! Those are too cute!!!!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #5378 on: July 27, 2015, 11:13:59 AM »
Piney, I really like your Mikkel :D

I think he was my favorite out of the drawing when I drew them. It's also only one of two - or four, I think, if you count Doodle or Die - that I've even drawn Mikkel.

Piney: Oh, those look so sweet and there's definitely been improvement since then :D

I know, right? :D *cough*especially the Reynir*cough*

Piney, the red hair is a very lovely touch.

Thanks! I have a perfect red-hair-colored marker; it was an excuse to use it :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #5379 on: July 27, 2015, 11:20:54 AM »

awwww so cute °W°

Ehehe, a million unread pages for me again. This evening is going to be interesting. Hello!
And also I brought something. Because it's not so easy to get rid of me.

It started as "I just need some practice" and then somehow turned into "ooh okay it's fanart again  :-\"
I believe most of you've already seen this on Tumblr.
In this cruel cold world I was looking for something cute. And that's what happened as a result.

And another one. Sigrun is not afraid of anything, but if you want my opinion, THIS is too risky.

I still can't figure out how to draw Mikkel *sobbing*
*diesof cuteness

So it was very hot outside today and I wanted to draw something with stormy weather and I did and now there are clouds outside too! Should've drawn a proper storm.

*back from the dead*
*sparkling eyes*

i'm back at doing it
stopped for too long
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #5380 on: July 27, 2015, 11:50:16 AM »
This is all Rabbit's fault.
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5381 on: July 27, 2015, 11:55:24 AM »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #5382 on: July 27, 2015, 12:23:19 PM »
This is all Rabbit's fault.

I will gladly take responsibility as soon as my brain starts working again <3
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #5383 on: July 27, 2015, 12:25:54 PM »

FYI, Martti and anyone else similarly inspired:

Art with *more* than kisses (if you know what I mean) should be hosted elsewhere and only linked to, not displayed here.  If it's extremely graphic, it shouldn't be linked to at all.  We don't want to stifle anyone's creativity, but we have young members and want to err on the side of caution. 

Basically, we stick to the same taste standards as the comic in terms of both skin/sensuality and bloodshed.  (Actually, we're slightly more liberal than the comic in terms of allowing any romance whatsoever, even hand-holding or hugging, since Minna doesn't seem interested in going there.)

This has been a public service announcement from your content moderator.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #5384 on: July 27, 2015, 12:43:04 PM »

I will gladly take responsibility as soon as my brain starts working again <3

Muhahaha yessssss