Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483853 times)

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5340 on: July 24, 2015, 06:38:08 AM »
Ehehe, a million unread pages for me again. This evening is going to be interesting. Hello!
And also I brought something. Because it's not so easy to get rid of me.

It started as "I just need some practice" and then somehow turned into "ooh okay it's fanart again  :-\"
I believe most of you've already seen this on Tumblr.
In this cruel cold world I was looking for something cute. And that's what happened as a result.

And another one. Sigrun is not afraid of anything, but if you want my opinion, THIS is too risky.

I still can't figure out how to draw Mikkel *sobbing*

These are so awesome! Cartoon-y and adorable and colorful! Great work! =D
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5341 on: July 24, 2015, 07:02:13 AM »
Solo, Feartheviolas, starfallz, Daéa Reina, Haiz, misea: thank you all, I'm glad you like it! :)

Guardian G.I., there's not much to explain. I start with a very simple sketch, then fill in shadows and dark areas, then draw finer details on top (like outlines, stray hairs, everything shiny etc). In between, I resize, rotate and redraw anything that looks wrong - this is what I like most about Photoshop, it lets me be brutal to drawings in effective ways. Pressure sensitivity and varying brush opacity are very important as well. If you have more questions, PM me and I'll try to answer. Here's the only work-in-progress version of this I saved:
Spoiler: show

Martti - I SEE YOUR YOUNG MIKKEL AND AM EXCITED.
curiosity - that Reynir drawing though. *loud snort*
mad robin, those colors are so good.
KicknRun, you keep getting better and better, damn.
Jethan - hurray for working tablets! Draw all the things!

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5342 on: July 24, 2015, 08:00:30 AM »
Spoiler: REMEMBER THAT THERE IS NO UNSEE BUTTON • show

Sigrun. Just Sigrun.

Teenage Tuuri with a make up. I can imagine her brother being all like: "Where do you think you're going looking like that, mind telling me?"

I have absolutely no idea what I did to Mikkel here. And why. WHY.

...and I'll just leave this one here.

I ACTUALLY REALLY LIKE THESE A LOT??
and for having drawn it in paint, well, the quality of these is actually better than the quality of all my dood leordie's, so.....

Here's the only work-in-progress version of this I saved:
Spoiler: show

PROGRESS SHOTS ARE GREAT i love progress shots
what program do you use, anyway? SAI?
you'll know where to find me.

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #5343 on: July 24, 2015, 08:04:07 AM »
Haiz, I use Photoshop. Though if I want clean lineart (which I rarely do nowadays) I do it in Sai.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5344 on: July 24, 2015, 09:07:38 AM »
So it was very hot outside today and I wanted to draw something with stormy weather and I did and now there are clouds outside too! Should've drawn a proper storm.

Wow! I really like the intensity in Lalli's expression and body language! It makes the storm feel more foreboding :D

I see you've been having fun here while I was away slowly losing my mind with all those exams. But I just have no more emotional strenght to comment on something certain. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, but everything here is so great and keeps getting better and better in both quality and quantity.

...And here I am to ruin everything with MS Paint doodles. Yes, MS Paint. No, I don't usually do that. No, I am not drunk. But guys guys guuuuyyyys, it was soooo fun using it as a tool! As if I went back to my golden elementary school days, but with a tablet this time. Sorry for the quality, though. I've got too carried away to be bothered right now (and I will regret this very soon).

...I think I shall change my username to "insanity" now.
What are you talking about?? These are really good (how on earth did you make this in paint??)! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #5345 on: July 24, 2015, 11:42:21 AM »
And another one. Sigrun is not afraid of anything, but if you want my opinion, THIS is too risky.

I still can't figure out how to draw Mikkel *sobbing*
"So how's the weather down there? Eh? Ehhh?! *finger guns*"
Sigrun is a terrible person and you cannot convince me otherwise!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5346 on: July 24, 2015, 03:50:27 PM »
Awww, thank you! I'm so happy to know that my practice was not in vain. As i said before: the first twenty years of my life I was sure I can't draw at all. And I feel some diffidence.

Curiosity Eeee hi! I missed your fanart! And now I need two or three hours to sit quietly and stare at Mikkel. And Tuuri. And Reynir.

Jethan You found the best way to celebrate! Yay for Lalli and for your tablet!

Martti Great. Now my impatience's trying to kill me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #5347 on: July 24, 2015, 10:14:14 PM »
misea: i do try but whenever i draw all the helpful advice goes out the window
"i'm gonna draw"
"but hOW"
"just wing it. just frigging wing it"

yEESS good. good stuff. sigrun your face
im sorry i drew the thing too when it was your idea but the idea was so good
*looks around*
well SURELY you can't mean....................
i hated sigruns face but ok
and yes all is good
i mean how could anyone resist drawing that

no it not u its for the shippy thing
whoops

sc0ut: *screeches before clenching fist*
also i drew that a month ago what happened between here and then i have no idea

i have no actual art but my mom took away my laptop and i have no idea when i'll get the time to finish this

i tired coloring things ~the haiz way~
but i have a transparent layer with the lineart because rEALLY HAIZ ITS RATHER IMPRACTICAL
(sorry about the image being so small it takes ages to upload anything here)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5348 on: July 24, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »
Martti - I SEE YOUR YOUNG MIKKEL AND AM EXCITED.
Martti Great. Now my impatience's trying to kill me.

Well it takes longer and I do not have a scanner (I have but the program do not work on Win7, only XP, but since april my old computer (and still strongest) does not work, that has an old XP [next to win7]...)
I dunno how I will scan them....

Your Mikkel headcanons are the MOST BEST EVER!!! (When I was frothing in the floor/following the light in the tunnel, a deep, warm voice brought me back, whose might it've been? Hahah! Thanks everybody for sending Mikkel!)

Martti, your fabulous art inspired me the greatest 24-year-old-Mikkel-feels ever, sooo I did this

He's helping a new recruit with his anxiety issues, talking in a soothing voice, telling him about any silly thing that crosses his mind, slowly taking him back into his senses. The poor boy will be reassigned into a troll-safe job in Bronholm, by Mikkel's advice, and he'll be unknowingly saved from the Kastrup Disaster. [/size]

basically this is what I draw in comic, just saying
here some closer shots to parts which I am done or half done yet:

I draw them with ballpoint pen, it takes a bit long to shade and outline, especially on paper.... I am still unsure of the text part, I feel my english is bad and it can't be just corrected so easily if I make a mistake.
if I can think I could just draw the pic with no text and add the text on computer, but I dunno if I could do it so I can't do anything yet I guess
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #5349 on: July 25, 2015, 01:20:01 AM »
I am still unsure of the text part, I feel my english is bad and it can't be just corrected so easily if I make a mistake.
if I can think I could just draw the pic with no text and add the text on computer
Yes, you can do that! A lot of comic artists do their text on the computer even if they draw the comic on paper. It's a good idea because there's always something to correct, plus typed text is just easier to read and usually looks better than handwriting. It's good to write down ALL the text on the sketch (in pencil), to see how large you need to make the speech bubble. It's easy to underestimate this.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #5350 on: July 25, 2015, 03:29:27 AM »
no it not u its for the shippy thing
whoops

i tired coloring things ~the haiz way~
but i have a transparent layer with the lineart because rEALLY HAIZ ITS RATHER IMPRACTICAL
(sorry about the image being so small it takes ages to upload anything here)
okay cool

that looks really good actually! and i KEEP TELLING YOU GUYS my method is incredibly impractical, the only reason I made a tutorial at all is because people kept asking how I did things and I'm there like "hahaha aha ha you don't wanna know"

don't say I didn't warn you

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5351 on: July 25, 2015, 07:16:12 AM »
Yes, you can do that! A lot of comic artists do their text on the computer even if they draw the comic on paper. It's a good idea because there's always something to correct, plus typed text is just easier to read and usually looks better than handwriting. It's good to write down ALL the text on the sketch (in pencil), to see how large you need to make the speech bubble. It's easy to underestimate this.
IF I can scan, I could do all speech bubbles and text in photoshop, then I can do the whole pic on paper, all details and BG
also my handwriting is big, with a normal text it would be tiny I think.

also, does anyone want me to help with english, who speaks english properly? because my sketchy text sounds too stupid for me (or I look for someone on skype, it is easier to chat on skype anyway)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5352 on: July 25, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »
I realized my 500th post was coming up, so I decided to finish this:

I had the idea in my head when this story (the second one) was posted, so I just had to draw it :D
Just a quick background, but it's a background! Did a progress thing as well: http://aquaaurion.deviantart.com/art/Reading-gif-548809197
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:16:46 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #5353 on: July 25, 2015, 02:33:28 PM »
AquaAurion: ee congrats on reaching ranger! that is a Really Good Art and i love the progress thingie :3 lalli proves his felinity yet again

I drew a Lalli today, in Mélusine's notebook:

i didn't have any references available but I don't think I got the outfit too wrong

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5354 on: July 25, 2015, 03:13:53 PM »
i didn't have any references available but I don't think I got the outfit too wrong

No, no, that looks terribly wrong. *stuffs it in her SSSS Fanart folder for safe keeping*
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: