Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484002 times)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5310 on: July 22, 2015, 06:58:19 PM »
New forum icon! I just really wanted a change, so now I am a quick sketch of our favourite night scout, rather than a grumpy purple cat. I tried to keep this true to my old icon in a way with the pose and expression, but there's only so much I could do while staying true to his character design... I may fiddle around with it some more on another day, but I'll most likely only make minor changes so for all intents and purposes this is the final outcome.

I'm still debating whether or not to give him a shirt... hmm.

Spoiler: old icon for reference • show

Nice! :D

I also drew a birthday gift for Sigrid but I finished it past midnight because I got art triggered right and left in the general discussion thread......... mnot sure if I should post it here already but maybe it's better to do it while sleepiness is clouding my judgement
Spoiler: flomf • show

guess lalli decided emil makes a comfier headrest than the back of a chair

These two will be the death of me I swear, friendship or ship.
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #5311 on: July 22, 2015, 07:04:07 PM »
So many awesome birthday gifts helpppp

Thank you so much, Haiz and Starfallz!!!! Your drawings are both wonderful and I love them <3

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #5312 on: July 22, 2015, 07:43:03 PM »
New forum icon! I just really wanted a change, so now I am a quick sketch of our favourite night scout, rather than a grumpy purple cat. I tried to keep this true to my old icon in a way with the pose and expression, but there's only so much I could do while staying true to his character design... I may fiddle around with it some more on another day, but I'll most likely only make minor changes so for all intents and purposes this is the final outcome.

I suspect there's a lot of competition to squee over the shirtless Lalli,  8) so let me express my admiration for the lovely botanical background design.  Did you draw it yourself, or get it from a print/illustration/etc.?  Do the plants have any significance? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #5313 on: July 22, 2015, 11:27:23 PM »
I also drew a birthday gift for Sigrid but I finished it past midnight because I got art triggered right and left in the general discussion thread......... mnot sure if I should post it here already but maybe it's better to do it while sleepiness is clouding my judgement

The facial expressions here are pure gold. XD Emil looks so uncomfortable, and Lalli's just like "what up?"
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #5314 on: July 22, 2015, 11:54:13 PM »
i did draw the meme thing, i just can't upload it (more like too tired to)
but i do have these!

yeh ehres lalli

what are u so pissed about
you absolute nerd
i haven't nobody's done anything to you yet
yet

and its not like you have any offensive powers in this au anyway

i might color them, i guess
if its not clear, in the second one his eyes are doing the glowy thing

bonus: i’m running out of space in my sketchbook, so i drew right next to an older drawing of this same exact dude from the same exact au

i think my hair drawing game has improved

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #5315 on: July 23, 2015, 02:16:25 AM »
but i do have these!

yeh ehres lalli

you absolute nerd
yet

bonus: i’m running out of space in my sketchbook, so i drew right next to an older drawing of this same exact dude from the same exact au

You've captured his expressions really well! And yes, your hair game has improved C:
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5316 on: July 23, 2015, 06:56:07 AM »
eee thank you for comments!

So many awesome birthday gifts helpppp

Thank you so much, Haiz and Starfallz!!!! Your drawings are both wonderful and I love them <3
I'M GLAD YOU LIKE IT ^__________^

The facial expressions here are pure gold. XD Emil looks so uncomfortable, and Lalli's just like "what up?"
I can't really take credit for the expressions, I merely combined two panels from the comic:

...I've had the idea for a while, like
"hey. hey haiz. y'know the panel where lalli drapes himself over a chair. what if. lalli does the same to people. like emil. imagine emils reaction. ha. hahah ha."
"dumb brain u know i can't draw that"
"yes you can. OH LOOK SIGRID'S BIRTHDAY PERFECT EXCUSE TO DRAW THIS THING, HMMM?"
"it's almost midnight"
"and your point is?"

oooooooH My gosh
oh my gosh wow
wwoowwww
I have to agree the eye's a little wonky right now, but the colours and the hair is wonderful and I really like how you drew his face O: O: O:

aaaaa this is such a pretty lalli and I really like your style and lines a lot! and I too express admiration for the Botanical Background, it's wonderful and gives the pic a very unique feel O:
(the spoiler doesn't work :c)

I really wanna see how you drew the Meme but I can be appeased with lallis that is true. Your hair drawing game has definitely improved, I like the Swooshiness in the second pic! The first ones gives me a kinda cool abstract-ish vibe like one of them african masks actually

yEEESsss
I really do like the trend that whenever someone draws sigrun in a dress we have to give her a weapon of some sort to restore balance in the universe
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5317 on: July 23, 2015, 08:13:15 AM »

Spoiler: old icon for reference • show

Aqua approves of this!  Shirtless is just fine! =w=
I can't see the picture in the spoiler?

!!!!!!!
Emil XD That expression is perfect! It's like a mix of "What just happened?? O_O" and "What do I do??". Lalli's just chillin' XD

but i do have these!

yeh ehres lalli

you absolute nerd
yet

I'd say your face game has improved as well!  :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #5318 on: July 23, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »
So it was very hot outside today and I wanted to draw something with stormy weather and I did and now there are clouds outside too! Should've drawn a proper storm.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:20:16 AM by Sc0ut »

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #5319 on: July 23, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »
So it was very hot outside today and I wanted to draw something with stormy weather and I did and now there are clouds outside too! Should've drawn a proper storm.

You must be a weather wizard, Sc0ut! Also, this is great! I love their expressions <3
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #5320 on: July 23, 2015, 11:33:24 AM »

This is beautiful. I can't even... words... Wow.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #5321 on: July 23, 2015, 11:45:16 AM »
Nice! :D
Thank you!

I suspect there's a lot of competition to squee over the shirtless Lalli,  8) so let me express my admiration for the lovely botanical background design.  Did you draw it yourself, or get it from a print/illustration/etc.?  Do the plants have any significance? 
Heh, I guess you're right. I for one see no reason to complain about it...
I'm flattered - particuarly that you think I drew the background myself! Unfortunately I'm not nearly skilled enough for that, so I just used this lovely image I found on the interwebs; https://andrewberwick.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/flower-pattern51.jpg. If you would like I will post an explanation of how I did it at the end of this post ;) And no, the plants don't really have any significance other than the fact that I thought they looked pretty and would go nicely with Lalli who is also very pretty

aaaaa this is such a pretty lalli and I really like your style and lines a lot! and I too express admiration for the Botanical Background, it's wonderful and gives the pic a very unique feel O:
(the spoiler doesn't work :c)
Thank you very much! You're so kind ಥ⌣ಥ
I'm glad you think so! The method for how I made this is actually very useful for making things look pretty with minimal effort, so, again, I will be very happy to show you how to do it.

Aqua approves of this!  Shirtless is just fine! =w=
I can't see the picture in the spoiler?
I'm glad I have your approval! Maybe shirtless Lalli can stay, seeing that nobody seems to be complaining about him - I don't know how he would personally feel about all the attention though ;)
Thanks to you and Haiz for pointing out that mistake. I don't know why that picture didn't work, but it's fixed now.

-------------------
Ok so here is a tutorial for the pattern overlay thing. My drawing software is Krita, but this is really quite simple so it should easily translate into other softwares too. I hope it is useful and makes sense!
Spoiler: show
1. Select the area that you want to add the pattern to using the 'contiguous' or 'similar colour' selection tools. For this I used the similar colour one, but it really depends on the sort of thing you are selecting.

2. Now paste the pattern you want to use into a new layer above the main one. The pattern should preferably be greyscale so it doesn't mess up the colours. The dotted grey selection lines should show through onto the new layer.

3. Use ctrl-x (cut) and then ctrl-v (paste), so that a new layer is created with the pattern only visible in your selected shape. Delete the layer with the rest of the pattern - you don't need it any more.

4. The pattern layer should look like this!

Now all you need to do is go into the layer options;

And select 'overlay'.

5. Ta-da! A beautiful pattern made with almost 0 effort. This can be used with pretty much any shape and colour as long as you can select it all - you can also do it with gradients etc for something even more exciting :)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5322 on: July 23, 2015, 11:47:53 AM »

GAah! *hearts*
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5323 on: July 23, 2015, 12:26:41 PM »
Mogram: This is so pretty! It's really funny how people insist in putting Sigrun in a dress...

starfallz: I agree with Piney, the coloring is amazing!!

KauniitaUnia: This is a cute Lalli, well done! :)

KicknRun: I can really see how much your art has improved! These are some great Lallis!

Haiz: Headcanon accepted. And another proof that Lalli is a cat.

Sc0ut: I'm in love with your art. This is so beautiful!! Lalli's face is so perfect! Ahhh, I don't know what else to say, I just love this! O:
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #5324 on: July 23, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »

This is beautiful! It's so dynamic, and their expressions are brilliant.
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10: