Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484586 times)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5250 on: July 19, 2015, 04:37:49 PM »
I love it!  Are Tuuri and Sigrun talking about the immediate after-effects of childbirth with Mikkel?  I've accidentally overheard conversations like that (I'm not even linking to some of the most common procedures because the very idea makes me queasy) and had pretty much Emil's reaction.

Also, older goatee Reynir is best Reynir.  Did he inherit custody of Derp-Kitty after the expedition?
Oh yeah. Mikkel's got that medical background, so you can't phase him, but Emil's the type of father who passes out in the waiting room. And I'm predicting that Derp-kitty adopts Reynir, which he's cool with.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #5251 on: July 19, 2015, 04:50:24 PM »
ooooh gosh this is gorgeous!! writing job applications is actually death so i understand

Thank you! Job applications are awful, but I finished and sent it so now I don't have to think about it before they (possibly) contact me about it

I also coloured the thing!

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #5252 on: July 19, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »

[/quote]

It's beautiful (and so moody)! Love the red lipstick, really brings out her hair. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #5253 on: July 19, 2015, 05:34:11 PM »

Oh my gods, this is so pretty. I adore the way you draw and color <3. And I really really love modern Sigrun ^_^
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5254 on: July 19, 2015, 05:53:45 PM »
Thank you! Job applications are awful, but I finished and sent it so now I don't have to think about it before they (possibly) contact me about it

EEEeeEEEE this is so beautiful! I love how you draw faces and hair and bodies and EVERYTHING aaaaa ;__; Sigrun looks so beautiful here, let me just kind of... stare at it for three weeks........ thatsounds good
YEET

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #5255 on: July 19, 2015, 05:58:24 PM »
It's beautiful (and so moody)! Love the red lipstick, really brings out her hair. :)

Oh my gods, this is so pretty. I adore the way you draw and color <3. And I really really love modern Sigrun ^_^

EEEeeEEEE this is so beautiful! I love how you draw faces and hair and bodies and EVERYTHING aaaaa ;__; Sigrun looks so beautiful here, let me just kind of... stare at it for three weeks........ thatsounds good

EEEEEE
Thank you so much, guys!

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5256 on: July 19, 2015, 07:56:21 PM »
Pretty pretty things happening here *-*

All the Mikkel headcanons, and the crew in modern clothes, and traumatized Emil and everything. Kudos to all.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5257 on: July 19, 2015, 08:00:13 PM »
okay, this is horrible try of mine, so I use spoilers.
first: I like never draw like this (this is my third try since last year when I tried first)

Spoiler: show

just some opinion, or help or anything why it looks so bad
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5258 on: July 19, 2015, 08:05:32 PM »
first: I like never draw like this (this is my third try since last year when I tried first)

I think it looks very well rendered! I think the main issue is that it needs more forehead for it to match the more realistic style.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5259 on: July 19, 2015, 08:07:05 PM »

WOWOWOW
THIS IS NOT HORRIBLE
THIS IS FREAKING BRILLIANT

How did you do this??? She looks so real, and yet she still has all of her cartoony features, and WOW. I LOVE THIS.

Would you do all the characters in this style? Pretty please?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #5260 on: July 19, 2015, 08:41:28 PM »

*picks up her popped-out eyes and fallen jaw with a reserved expression, then starts to pour superglue over them*

Dear. If you call that bad, what would you call acceptable? The Sixtus-chapel frescoes? O__O

The style slghtly reminds me of these caricatures, probably because of the well-rounded face. (And now *those* reminded me of 'Uborka', if you remember that old-old political puppet farce.)
BTW, I love how that hair is drawn. <3 <3 <3

Do you plan on streaming, while drawing something like this? Like, soon? *__*
*crossing fingers*
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:46:36 PM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5261 on: July 19, 2015, 08:57:40 PM »
I think it looks very well rendered! I think the main issue is that it needs more forehead for it to match the more realistic style.
oh maybe next time, if I even have ever a next time, I am not really into this and really has no clue how to do it, I am trying with no idea how to do it even xD

WOWOWOW
THIS IS NOT HORRIBLE
THIS IS FREAKING BRILLIANT

How did you do this??? She looks so real, and yet she still has all of her cartoony features, and WOW. I LOVE THIS.

Would you do all the characters in this style? Pretty please?

still cartoony, well, I tried to keep some of the main features in the comic, but it is hard, also i have no idea how to do art like this anyway xD

well, not even planning to try to draw.... this is realy hard, I can't even draw a person who I am looking at, and for this, I can't even see a real face (well, I used my own face a bit....)

*picks up her popped-out eyes and fallen jaw with a reserved expression, then starts to pour superglue over them*

Dear. If you call that bad, what would you call acceptable? The Sixtus-chapel frescoes? O__O
anyrthing else that is not drawn by me? xD well, those frescoes are really cool, also it was not painted by me, so yeah? xD *SHOT*
The style of the face slghtly reminds me of these caricatures, probably because of the well-rounded face. (And now *those* reminded me of 'Uborka', if you remember that old-old political puppet farce.)
BTW, I love how that hair is drawn. <3 <3 <3
Oh, reaaly, a bit looks like that
(I didn't know it was called uborka, yes I remember of it a bit xD I saw it on TV when I was like very little xD)

Do you plan on streaming, while drawing something like this? Like, soon? *__*
*crossing fingers*
well, I stream when it is asked, basically any time, I can try to some other time maybe (maybe it would turn out better because people can criticize what is really bad or good. also chatting meanwhile xD)
I didn't even plan to do more like this. but I personally love to draw it black and white (with coloured eyes only)

well, next time I'll post the link of a stream to my tumblr, if I draw any ssss art? (I simply forget to post it on here in the stream thread)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #5262 on: July 20, 2015, 04:46:46 AM »

It's a very good caricature! The only things that in my opinion are wrong is: ear too small and too low (it shouldn't go below the base of the nose from this view) and the tip of the nose is too wide. Sigrun's nose is very protruding but also pointy (as is her chin).

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5263 on: July 20, 2015, 05:56:47 AM »
I love the idea of the gang getting back together for a ten-year-anniversary reunion.

And I wanted to traumatize Emil.
Oh gosh, poor Emil XD

She looks gorgeous :o

I don't think it looks bad at all, in fact I think it's a nice mix of realism and something cartoonish :D the only addition I have to what the others have said is that she might be looking a little crosseyed?

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

videovance

« Reply #5264 on: July 20, 2015, 06:18:32 AM »
Heyo, I started this out and it looked super cute as a sketch so I'm throwing it down here! I'll try getting it properly drawn soon!

and unless a better name comes up petition to call emil/lalli "pyromagiacs" (get it. pyromaniacs + mage hahHAHA I'M FUNNy) because "emilalli" is very boring and I love ship names a lot ;w;;;;