Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483895 times)

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5205 on: July 16, 2015, 07:55:33 PM »
wellp

So I went "lol Wolverine Lalli" and you came up with that in... *checks* under three hours? HOW
HOW DO YOU SHADE LIKE THAT SCOUT TEACH ME YOUR MAGIC
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #5206 on: July 16, 2015, 07:59:10 PM »
You can afford Cs5? Are you money?
(The picture in question is 11/10).

EDIT:

Curry is so money, they don't even know it.  (I could not resist.)

(Sorry for the pronoun mistake, but thanks to Rabbit for pointing that out.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:27:26 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
« Reply #5207 on: July 16, 2015, 08:08:27 PM »
Pronouns, Sunny.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5208 on: July 16, 2015, 08:16:01 PM »
Fimbulvarg and Sunflower: weeeeellll I didn't exactly have to paaay for it... my dad bought a computer second hand that had the entire cs5 suite on it (eeeeverything. everything. I don't know what most the programs do.) and then he just gave me the programs from his computer with some backup magic but yes I am definitely money. all the money. that me

thank you rabbit I really appreciate that ;__;
YEET

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5209 on: July 16, 2015, 08:31:17 PM »
So I went "lol Wolverine Lalli" and you came up with that in... *checks* under three hours? HOW
HOW DO YOU SHADE LIKE THAT SCOUT TEACH ME YOUR MAGIC

*seconds this*
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #5210 on: July 17, 2015, 12:48:38 AM »
Okay, all of the work here is so awesome that I've pretty much slipped into an art-induced-coma. Just... keep going, all'y'all, y'all are all are so. Creative. And so. Good. And I love it.
And because it makes me feel like a fraud when I reply to this thread without putting in any art...
Spoiler: show
 I'm in a really bad artslump right now (exhaustion and homesickness are factors) but I managed to produce a few things! My aunt and uncle own watercolor pencils and they're basically the coolest thing ever...

And there's colored pencils in the break room at work, so I tried to draw something of my own but then Sigrun happened and then she needed an Emil to keep her company.

... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #5211 on: July 17, 2015, 01:20:07 AM »
@starfallz and Rabbit, I wouldn't call it "shading" because there was no lineart and flat colours to begin with. I use a textured brush and keep building right on top of the sketch, on the same layer. Pretty similar to making a detailed drawing in pencil, if that pencil could switch between black and white and change size. Also, reference helps a lot with the speed.

Róisín: It's not a combination that should have occurred to anyone ;) Too bad I apparently can't do funny, I was going for that instead of beautiful. But thank you nonetheless!

Hey Rollo, I don't know if that was a "wow, I like it" or a "wow, I can't believe someone was tasteless enough to actually draw it" but I appreciate it either way!:)

Uh. I did a thing. So, I share the thing? I'm trying to get used to using SAI...

Also:
Hi! I'm new to the Forum, though I've been reading since, uh, second chapter? I think.
Hi! Welcome, and please make more cute things and share them!

You say art slump, but I see someone who can draw a subtle expression on Sigrun and make it look believable, and you don't see that every day. Just sayin'.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #5212 on: July 17, 2015, 06:39:54 AM »
Scout: don't take my view of what is funny or not! My sense of humour is strange, and mostly verbal (I'm afraid I like puns and wordplay). I can see that the incongruity would be amusing. But he's still beautiful!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5213 on: July 17, 2015, 11:13:53 AM »
Just a "tired of working today" sketch. Emil is serious about his research on dog beasts.

Gosh, I've totally forgotten how to draw... :-[

I think it's very cute ^w^ Derpcat and Emil~ <3

wellp

I'm proud of this, it reminds me of Throg.
HOLY SMOKES THIS IS AMAZING!!! \(◎o◎)/
The pose and the coloring/shading looks so good! And I really like how you added elements of Lalli's uniform to the classic Wolverine one!

Uh. I did a thing. So, I share the thing? I'm trying to get used to using SAI...

Also:
Hi! I'm new to the Forum, though I've been reading since, uh, second chapter? I think.
Welcome! I think it's looking good, especially if you're not used to the program :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #5214 on: July 17, 2015, 12:22:51 PM »
Today is SuperDark33's birthday and another excuse to draw a Reynir.

I seem to be having a problem with making heads too big lately, but I like how the braid turned out.
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5215 on: July 17, 2015, 04:51:38 PM »
I came across this beauty on tumblr, and of course, like a good minnion, my first thought was "I need to draw Reynir like that".

SWOONS
at everything
but mostly the hair oh gosh the glorious hair

this is a Very Important Drawing

HELLO welcome new artist!! definitely share your things they are very cute!!

Sc0ut: i don't wolverine but the artwork is hella. also how did you make it so quick. ho w

And because it makes me feel like a fraud when I reply to this thread without putting in any art...
Spoiler: show
 I'm in a really bad artslump right now (exhaustion and homesickness are factors) but I managed to produce a few things! My aunt and uncle own watercolor pencils and they're basically the coolest thing ever...

And there's colored pencils in the break room at work, so I tried to draw something of my own but then Sigrun happened and then she needed an Emil to keep her company.

aaa
artslump sounds really bad, but your drawings are still really good!! sends internet hugs for the homesickness

oooooooooh oh ooooh very nice. very nice. and happy birthday superdark!!
you'll know where to find me.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5216 on: July 17, 2015, 10:59:50 PM »
Fun stuff about stream were that people could drew on on of my screen, and they usually changed my actual drawing (without causing any problems) into something funny. this is one of them:

I guess this pic has an interesting but weird story itself. I let you think over that.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #5217 on: July 17, 2015, 11:38:21 PM »
Hehehe, that is cute Martti!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5218 on: July 18, 2015, 11:15:37 AM »
I am not posting all the arts I did for the askblog I run (asssskmikkel)

but here is some Young Mikkel
from the time he worked at the farm:

and when he joined to the Military:
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
« Reply #5219 on: July 18, 2015, 11:22:43 AM »

Oh gods he looks so cute in these! :D

"Hello I'm Mikkel and my specialties are heavy lifting and sweeping people off their feet with my adorable, nice to meet you."