Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484267 times)

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5085 on: July 11, 2015, 11:51:12 PM »
Really nice attention to detail! I think the hair looks just fine :) (And I feel like I should inform you that Dalsnes isn't a real city)
''OTL Of course! That's why google wasn't complying! The first link I got was literally the one for the Wiki. And thanks for the encouragement on the hair. Next time it will be better! >:)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5086 on: July 11, 2015, 11:56:16 PM »
Hello Forum, have a Failgrun. Seriously who the hell did you inherit your hair from Sigrun? A Martian?

I would also like to apologize to the resident Norwegians for what might be a terribly failed Bunad? Especially since I could not figure out exactly where Dalsnes lies thanks to GoogleMaps.com refusing to acknowledge its existence, so I just went with Western Norway after poking around in the forum wiki.

EEEEE!! This is really cute! :D I agree with Piney, the hair looks just fine! Very canon. v_v
And of course, Sigrun always manages to stay armed ;) wouldn't be our captain without at least one sharp object on her person.
YEET

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #5087 on: July 12, 2015, 03:55:03 AM »
All this pretty art~ 'v'

@KicknRun I absolutely must check out your askblog now (also your interpretations of the asks are awesome!)
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #5088 on: July 12, 2015, 04:14:49 AM »
I once read that the reason that old injuries reopen when you've got scurvy or such like is because your body never really heals, it just covers or fills the gap.
I think losing people you care about is a lot like that.

(Also I believe an apology is in order for the quality, still no scanner so laptop camera.)
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

videovance

« Reply #5089 on: July 12, 2015, 04:28:03 AM »
I once read that the reason that old injuries reopen when you've got scurvy or such like is because your body never really heals, it just covers or fills the gap.

(Also I believe an apology is in order for the quality, still no scanner so laptop camera.)
YES GOOD I LIKE THIS A LOT
I absolutely love the depth in the image from the shading, especially where the hand is resting. It is really well done!! (Also, dang, you draw hands really well ;w; )
[it is a bit blurry, yes, but it still looks good! and that caption is pretty much the most best caption for your picture. it suits it so well :O]

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #5090 on: July 12, 2015, 04:56:27 AM »
Time for some derp art <_<
I present to you: Blue tack team (still in progress)
Spoiler: blep • show
Emil is first, and therefore the blobbiest of all:

Then I squished him and made a Lalli:

Soon Lalli will be squished...to make the next one. Wow that sounds kind of horrifying o__O
Maybe when I'm done I'll loop back and make a better Emil...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #5091 on: July 12, 2015, 05:13:35 AM »
All this pretty art~ 'v'

@KicknRun I absolutely must check out your askblog now (also your interpretations of the asks are awesome!)

you can't see me, but i can assure you i am punching the air

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #5092 on: July 12, 2015, 03:43:39 PM »

"A lot of good people I knew died that day"... wasn't it like that? It makes me wonder if maybe he knew one of them specially well... good, now I broke my own heart...stupid.
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5093 on: July 12, 2015, 04:00:22 PM »
Ooh, good luck! I'll have to send an ask or two your way! :D huuuu just one thing though that i noticed and now i cannot un-notice?? the hand is kind of proportionally small, especially for mikkel who is basically a bear ;__;
Thaanks for all asks till now, I'll try to draw them slowly.... (knowing myself I update rarely but draw all instead of more asks with less art ;3;)
weeeell, hands are like "why we even have them??" I can't draw them, and yes, I noticed also noticed MANY things I failed in on this pic... but probably the hands, you didn't see how tiny they were FIRST...... and still small, my mortal enemies to draw hands.
but you know I am like "okay, NEXT TIME I1ll make it fixed" xD I need to practice his bodytype, this blog could be a cool practice~<3
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #5094 on: July 12, 2015, 05:24:12 PM »
Time for some derp art <_<
I present to you: Blue tack team (still in progress)
Spoiler: blep • show
Emil is first, and therefore the blobbiest of all:

Then I squished him and made a Lalli:

Soon Lalli will be squished...to make the next one. Wow that sounds kind of horrifying o__O
Maybe when I'm done I'll loop back and make a better Emil...

Oh my god he even has a sparkle
I LOVE THESE BLOBS OWL
PLEASE MAKE MORE BLOBS
TUURIBLOB AND SIGBLOB AND MIKKELBLOB AND REYBLOB.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #5095 on: July 12, 2015, 05:47:58 PM »
YES GOOD I LIKE THIS A LOT
I absolutely love the depth in the image from the shading, especially where the hand is resting. It is really well done!! (Also, dang, you draw hands really well ;w; )
[it is a bit blurry, yes, but it still looks good! and that caption is pretty much the most best caption for your picture. it suits it so well :O]
Aw, thank you!
"A lot of good people I knew died that day"... wasn't it like that? It makes me wonder if maybe he knew one of them specially well... good, now I broke my own heart...stupid.
Almost verbatim, no 'that day.' But even if there was nobody special, I mean, he was their medic. You serve with people, you go through hell with them, there's a very special bond there. Add the 'medic' element, he's trying to keep them alive, trying to take care of them, you can't have a job like that and not get attached. (And it's so stressful, you have to have coping mechanisms---a sense of humor, for one---just something to keep from going absolutely insane when you're so close to death like that on a daily basis.) They would have all been extremely important to him.
And to make things even worse, he was sent off a week before. It's possible his entire team was lost, except for him. So there would definitely be that survivor's guilt to work through. He seems pretty well-adjusted, but it's not easy.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #5096 on: July 12, 2015, 08:22:54 PM »
EEEEE!! This is really cute! :D I agree with Piney, the hair looks just fine! Very canon. v_v
And of course, Sigrun always manages to stay armed ;) wouldn't be our captain without at least one sharp object on her person.
Awww, thank you very much! ^////^ And yup, that's what you get when you reference a pose with a woman holding sword and try to swap it out with something else- it didn't work so I went with the obvious. ;P
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5097 on: July 12, 2015, 08:36:38 PM »
Oh my word, I can't even! All this amazing art you guys?!?!?!? I can't even describe my experience sorting through the last 10 pages... *COMPLIMENT SHOWERS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!*

Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #5098 on: July 13, 2015, 03:25:44 AM »
Lots of beautiful stuff in here lately! Congrats especially to the newbies who made such grand entrances :) It's a great thread to watch, thanks for sharing, everyone.

I found this old thing in my fanart folder. It was supposed to be a picture with the whole pre-Reynir team dining around the fire, but I failed drawing Mikkel one time too many, so I decided to crop it and call it a day.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #5099 on: July 13, 2015, 03:44:30 AM »
Scout: that's very sweet! I love the expressions on the two boys. And you do fire and reflections and shadows well - not easy! One wonders what other works of 'o, just this old thing?' lurk in your fanart folders?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!