Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484398 times)

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4920 on: July 06, 2015, 10:24:16 PM »

Um. Hello yes (I'm sorry if this is going in the wrong place; I don't think I've ever actually used a forum before ahh). I just thought I'd post this somewhere and this seemed like the place to put it, so...here it is? I'm not 100% sure that it's done, but I tend to hang onto things forever if I don't find some place to put them (it's still really sketchy whoops and Lalli seemed to keep turning and turning away from the 'camera' the longer it went on and it was becoming a mess and fhfhfh). Hopefully now I have it out of my system for the most part, anyway.

Hwaaaa? Wow! That... is far beyond what I've ever called done :P
Welcome to the forum! Yes, this is definitely in the right place!
Why don't you head over to the introduction thread and say hi? It's over here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=131.0
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #4921 on: July 06, 2015, 10:25:15 PM »
 ???

Um. Hello yes (I'm sorry if this is going in the wrong place; I don't think I've ever actually used a forum before ahh). I just thought I'd post this somewhere and this seemed like the place to put it, so...here it is? I'm not 100% sure that it's done, but I tend to hang onto things forever if I don't find some place to put them (it's still really sketchy whoops and Lalli seemed to keep turning and turning away from the 'camera' the longer it went on and it was becoming a mess and fhfhfh). Hopefully now I have it out of my system for the most part, anyway.
Omigosh. *drools at screen *
This is exactly the right place for this kind of art. Please make more. ;D
And welcome to the forum. :D
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4922 on: July 06, 2015, 10:25:40 PM »
Now here's one for the homeruns! She looks so cool!

Thank you! She's not messing around :D

Eee, Sigrun! Eee, Piney art!
And may I say, I really like the color scheme for the, um SSSStrikers?
(What would their team name be? Hmm...)

The BleSSSSed Felines? Derpkitty would be the mascot? :D (And haha thanks, I took the colors straight from the website)

This is beautiful!! And yes, this is the right thread for it :) Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:44:55 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4923 on: July 06, 2015, 10:41:28 PM »
*froths gently at the mouth*
Internet is currently at about grandfather's dial-up speed. With my brother's help and 54 minutes of work (yes, I timed it), I've finally managed to scan and upload exactly one thing. Here. Have it. I'm going to go and chew on the furniture.

Ugh, how frustrating.  I have issues like that sometimes. 

I echo Daea Reina's request:  I'd like to see that drawing larger, not for the dialogue (which you've thoughtfully transcribed) but to linger on all the expressions and details!   :)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #4924 on: July 06, 2015, 10:46:31 PM »
Ugh, how frustrating.  I have issues like that sometimes. 

I echo Daea Reina's request:  I'd like to see that drawing larger, not for the dialogue (which you've thoughtfully transcribed) but to linger on all the expressions and details!   :)
I'll see if I can make a larger version under the cut, but it might turn out really pixilated.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4925 on: July 06, 2015, 10:49:09 PM »
bet u all thought i was joking

The blog is here!

If you want to ask her something (even if you don't have a tumblr), its here!

and the icon the people in the stream saw ay

(i spent all day drawing and its okay for my first time using a new program)

EDIT:
I didn't actually explain what an askblog was. Basically, if you send an ask, I'll draw or write Sigrun replying to it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:56:53 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Coda

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4926 on: July 06, 2015, 11:38:13 PM »
Daéa Reina: ahH thank you! his uniform was really tough, so it's probably a bit weird in a few places, but I tried to get as much of the detail in as my brain could handle
Adrai Thell: oops yes you're right I'd been meaning to make an introduction post over there; I'll try and remember to do it in the morning (also thank you as well ahhh I was really nervous to post it ;_;)
Auleliel: thank you! I really want to--I'm kind of hoping to draw at least all of the main cast at least once (hopefully not all in profile, but the temptation is strong...)
Piney: thank you so much!!  :D

I'm always really uncertain when it comes to internet, um, places? and whether/how to post things. So thank you to all of you for being so welcoming!  :)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4927 on: July 07, 2015, 12:12:06 AM »
Coda: your Lalli is very beautiful. Please make more! What is he doing; tracking in the rain? Love the way you do his crouched posture.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #4928 on: July 07, 2015, 12:32:15 AM »
Whaaaat, this is amazing! I love the coloring, it looks so... glowy! @_@
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #4929 on: July 07, 2015, 01:04:12 AM »
Welp, since my scanner doesn't work any more, it seems my only option is to start expanding my skill set in the digital realm.
So here's 16-year-old Onni and 7-year-old Lalli before I go to bed.

Unggghhhh I don't like doing it this way it's not nearly as intuitive and I don't like not being able to really feel and control the medium and I don't like it I don't I don't I don't.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4930 on: July 07, 2015, 01:19:13 AM »
ayyyy page 333
this summons the haiz
assuming this post ends up on the page

thanks for all the comment on sweather dragons. when i first drew the dragons I was like "hah, hope I made some recognizable dragons without putting them in clothes and accessories, because how ridiculous would it be to put, say, lallidragon in a sweth-- OH NO I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE"

Martti: I really like the one with Bosse! and x2 blep :þ combo
Curry: those are actually pretty cool, Mikkel's turned out pretty well hahahaha
Piney: Sigrun Eide with a baseball bat is either 100% hECK YES or 100% run
RTR: personally, I can't imagine sgru as an actual mom in canon but I love these headcanons and comics that come out of the idea. and "eidelet" omg
- TEENY LALLI EEE
Coda: there is no righter thread than this for your lovely wonderful Lalli! WELCOME TO THE FORUM and the art thread!! The style and pose is really cool, I hope you contribute with many arts!
Kick: nice!! I might send something once I've thought of something to send. I can see you've got a grip on firealpaca! Today's improvement tip: try to draw the hair behind the head, too!
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4931 on: July 07, 2015, 01:30:03 AM »
Piney: Sigrun Eide with a baseball bat is either 100% hECK YES or 100% run

For their team, it's HECK YES. For the opposing team, it's RUN. ::)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4932 on: July 07, 2015, 01:42:21 AM »

Kick: nice!! I might send something once I've thought of something to send. I can see you've got a grip on firealpaca! Today's improvement tip: try to draw the hair behind the head, too!

its 1:30 am let me say things im gonna regret

"draw the hair behind the head"

haha guess what this calls for

a new layer with a darken effect

also i feel this is a good time to rant about how when i do digtal art its SUPER DESTRUCTIVE like

-i dont like this color layer goodbye

- i could make the brush smaller and not have to clean it up later
-nah

-weee let me delete the sketch layer even toguht i still need it

-oooooooooh what does this filter do

-whats her hair color
-nah just eyeball it

and fireapcla is such a joy because when i sketch its super messy and gimp couldn't reflect that but this thing can and its just so great honestly and everything feels great even coloring and that is new (but like can you download brushes because i wanna)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4933 on: July 07, 2015, 01:46:54 AM »

THIS IS AMAZING AND GOODNESS THE RAIN???? ALSO ANATOMY IS PERFECT. *flails*
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #4934 on: July 07, 2015, 02:31:05 AM »
Welp, since my scanner doesn't work any more, it seems my only option is to start expanding my skill set in the digital realm.
So here's 16-year-old Onni and 7-year-old Lalli before I go to bed.

Unggghhhh I don't like doing it this way it's not nearly as intuitive and I don't like not being able to really feel and control the medium and I don't like it I don't I don't I don't.
YESSSSS the world needs more of this. I am ALL for 16-year-old Onni and his A+ Parenting Skills.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: