Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484320 times)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4860 on: July 05, 2015, 03:10:03 AM »
Martti, that is amazing! I love how you draw her hair! Also, the hair sparkle thing is great. Poor Emil XD "Please share your hair sparkles with me!"

Also how in the world do you anatomy so well sldkjfkldjsfghfb
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4861 on: July 05, 2015, 03:32:58 AM »

Happy 4th of July! I used the vector tool to ink Emil to make him more smooth than the troll (giant?), while I inked the giant by hand. I realized only after I'd uploaded the image that the sparks coming out of the bombs were switched off (I'd done them on a separate layer). They'll be visible in the colored version. I have no idea who I'm going to draw next/what scene, so I'm open to suggestions.
This is gorgeous. I love all the small details and the general flow of movement

my friend started this. she wanted to draw something to my random post about "what if Emil has a girlfriend back in Sweden"
(...)
and I continued this:

Martti, I love both what you've done on doodleordie and the stuff you've been drawing here. These are great! You've got a good grip on expressions, poses, backgrounds and interactions between characters.  I don't comment very much in the art thread, but I do see and appreciate your contributions!

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #4862 on: July 05, 2015, 04:53:40 AM »

Happy 4th of July! I used the vector tool to ink Emil to make him more smooth than the troll (giant?), while I inked the giant by hand. I realized only after I'd uploaded the image that the sparks coming out of the bombs were switched off (I'd done them on a separate layer). They'll be visible in the colored version. I have no idea who I'm going to draw next/what scene, so I'm open to suggestions.
Wow! I really must get a printer! (I have very little skill in drawing but I love coloring.)
You are taking suggestions? Please please please do Sigrun when she is talking about golf. Her sweater in that scene... ;)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4863 on: July 05, 2015, 07:55:06 AM »
Emil is cheating on me

Martti, you are amazing and I love you. Also, that woman looks suspiciously like an image I saw one time...

https://www.google.com/search?q=minna+sundberg&client=safari&hl=sv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=f7CYVa21OoXToATem4qYCA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=372#imgrc=YeQIkdVXbzPSEM%3A
I found it.

we found her IRL self? kind of! xD

This is so cUTE I'M GONNA MELT AAAAHHHH  ( ´ ▽ ` )
thank you ;3;

Martti, that is amazing! I love how you draw her hair! Also, the hair sparkle thing is great. Poor Emil XD "Please share your hair sparkles with me!"

Also how in the world do you anatomy so well sldkjfkldjsfghfb

well I can make a tiny tutorial thing how I draw anatomy. I am always pretty simple on everything, that's why I am kinda fast too with arts??? I1ll post it in the tutorial part when I do it, okay?

Martti, I love both what you've done on doodleordie and the stuff you've been drawing here. These are great! You've got a good grip on expressions, poses, backgrounds and interactions between characters.  I don't comment very much in the art thread, but I do see and appreciate your contributions!

I didn't really practice, I  just draw a lot. probably the biggest change I got after my friend's help, who taugh me how to draw poses and body (and old irl friend I used to meet almost every day and drew together) she taught me something, I taught her colouring (with pencils) but I also learnt a lot just looking at other artists' art, analizing how they drew the lines, the anatomy they use, the details. (lately I tried on Mina's art in the comic ;3; ) I always get some tiny pit of those artists I check a lot and try to get their style (which I fail to get completely, but maybe that is fine!)

and i also love to draw and try to draw something cool every time, I will try to draw more stuffs as I can.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Coyoteslaugh

« Reply #4864 on: July 05, 2015, 10:36:37 AM »
You are taking suggestions? Please please please do Sigrun when she is talking about golf. Her sweater in that scene... ;)

Pages 269-271- I liked her sweater, too! Yes, I'll try to draw Sigrun annoyed with books next. I was stuck on what to draw her doing, since the only monster I recall her fighting was one one on page 263, which was pretty great, but Emil was in the shot, and sad rainy cat hat seemed like kind of a downer after the last page.

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #4865 on: July 05, 2015, 01:43:01 PM »
As if the last comic pages hadn't already given me enough Emil feels for the rest of the decade, the weekend (not quite)cliffhanger almost made me weep. Soooo, Emil|Feels driven fanart, yay! (buhuhuuu!) If I had to put it a title it would be "Hey, at least you tried, thank you!".

I should keep away from photoshop, really. It doesn't work for me.
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4866 on: July 05, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »
wow, seeing a picture of Minna, if that really is her, is... I feel like I wasn't supposed to see it.

this is a very important art, would you mind if I tattoo'd it inside my heart or something

you'll know where to find me.

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4867 on: July 05, 2015, 01:53:16 PM »

I should keep away from photoshop, really. It doesn't work for me.

Awwwwwwwwww! That's really sweet and lovely.

Also, repetition with a software helps. I've had some horrible arting experiences with Photoshop, but we are at a point where we're almost getting along right now. :D
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4868 on: July 05, 2015, 02:28:23 PM »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4869 on: July 05, 2015, 02:32:38 PM »
hello art thread i have not disgraced you with my presence in so long

anybody rememebr that tomorrow villains au thing i was yelling about a month ago
still going strong
(the background and tuuri are unrelated, i didn't feel like drawing the setting.)

What's Tuuri pointing at? I know! You don't!

also the bg-less version and the binary code in the background under the spoiler

Spoiler: show

01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100111 01101001 01110010 01101100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100111 01101001 01110010 01101100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101000 01100101 01110010 01101111

also i swear to god tuuri has streaks in her hair but i spent 7+ plus hours on this because i was too stubborn to just restart so yEAH

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4870 on: July 05, 2015, 03:01:20 PM »
hello art thread i have not disgraced you with my presence in so long

oooooh cool
I translated the binary to find out what it says and I am Intrigued

drawing digitally is hecka hard and takes SO MUCH TIME whyy

if you want tips on anatomy, I'd say something about the legs. The thighs seem to be much longer than possible, which is hard to do when you draw skirts, I know. Most noticable is how the right (our right, tuuri's left) leg sticks out at the edge of the skirt in a way that is especially not physically possible. It's easier to get the anatomy right if you sketch the body first, and add the clothes on top afterwards! also looking at references for poses is always very very good. But I think you've come a long way and have loads of potential O:

also I'm currently working on something Cool I hope to finish today, so brace yourself, art thread >:3c
you'll know where to find me.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #4871 on: July 05, 2015, 03:20:35 PM »
In the comments there were some people talking about mikkel playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes to cheer Emil up after mamma kitty's death. I may have taken it too far...

This is my first time using my Wacom tablet in a while, so I was a little rusty at first and it took a while, but I think it turned out good.   :D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4872 on: July 05, 2015, 03:48:59 PM »
oooooh cool
I translated the binary to find out what it says and I am Intrigued

drawing digitally is hecka hard and takes SO MUCH TIME whyy

if you want tips on anatomy, I'd say something about the legs. The thighs seem to be much longer than possible, which is hard to do when you draw skirts, I know. Most noticable is how the right (our right, tuuri's left) leg sticks out at the edge of the skirt in a way that is especially not physically possible. It's easier to get the anatomy right if you sketch the body first, and add the clothes on top afterwards! also looking at references for poses is always very very good. But I think you've come a long way and have loads of potential O:

also I'm currently working on something Cool I hope to finish today, so brace yourself, art thread >:3c

its kinda obvious by the au name, right?

SCREAMS i knew i forgot something i did draw the figure before the clothes but i forgot to try out the pose in real life uRGH

"But I think you've come a long way and have loads of potential O:"
 SCREAMING INCREASES IN VOLUME

"also I'm currently working on something Cool I hope to finish today, so brace yourself, art thread >:3c"
UNEARTHLY SHRIEKING"

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4873 on: July 05, 2015, 04:47:41 PM »
In the comments there were some people talking about mikkel playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes to cheer Emil up after mamma kitty's death. I may have taken it too far...

This is my first time using my Wacom tablet in a while, so I was a little rusty at first and it took a while, but I think it turned out good.   :D

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to display.  Could it be something about the image coding?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #4874 on: July 05, 2015, 04:54:02 PM »
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to display.  Could it be something about the image coding?
Does this work?
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race