Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484538 times)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4695 on: June 28, 2015, 09:45:15 PM »
Self... self-insert day? *shows up late with a scrabbled-on sheet of paper*

I love Onni so much because I completely identify with the over-protective-big-sibling motivation, but I have to say that Mikkel is my favorite SSSS character.
Mostly because he reminds me of my maternal grandfather (6'4", whiskers, extremely capable handyman, worked as a paramedic for a while, acerbic, blunt, passive-aggressive, wicked sense of humor, etc. etc.), who is beyond awesome.
He hates rap music because "All of these kids talking about drugs and money and their cussing and filth! In the jails in DC---those people were suffering! They were suffering and that was good rap! That was real rap!"
So yeah, I'd totally love just to have a conversation with Mikkel. I bet he's got some good stories.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:03:43 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #4696 on: June 28, 2015, 10:10:50 PM »
Yes XD I love every bit of this,

but what if Emil Dad. I can see his kid being hurt and then both of them just screaming.

"Daaaaaddyyyyy, I scratched my knee!!!! It hurts!!! DADDYYYY, IT'S BLEEDING!!"
"BLEEDING?!??!! OH, NO, WHAT DO WE DO NOW?? AAAAAHHH!!!!" *panicked screaming and arm flailing!*
"AAAAHHHHH!!!"
"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

Haha, no, I think he would've developed a cold head for this kind of situations and would actually be able to calm down the little darling and put a band-aid after sanitizing the whole thing haha (he would obviously carry some sanitizing towels and band-aids in his wallet)
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4697 on: June 28, 2015, 10:27:40 PM »
"Daaaaaddyyyyy, I scratched my knee!!!! It hurts!!! DADDYYYY, IT'S BLEEDING!!"
"BLEEDING?!??!! OH, NO, WHAT DO WE DO NOW?? AAAAAHHH!!!!" *panicked screaming and arm flailing!*
"AAAAHHHHH!!!"
"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

Haha, no, I think he would've developed a cold head for this kind of situations and would actually be able to calm down the little darling and put a band-aid after sanitizing the whole thing haha (he would obviously carry some sanitizing towels and band-aids in his wallet)

<3 Dang it. This is way too adorable.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
« Reply #4698 on: June 28, 2015, 10:56:07 PM »

Me and Lalli for self-insert day, not that kind of self-insert but drawing yourself with your fav characters apparently. I had a long list of characters I wanted to draw, which may or may not have included the entire SSSS crew, but in the end I only did this one (+ another I posted in the non-ssss art thread)

EEEEEEEK SO COOOOOL!!!!
Was it draw-yourself-with-your-favorite-character-day and nobody told me???? Can I join?!?!?!

I'd love to hang out with Tuuri for a day, I bet she would be so freakin' enthusiastic about everything!!! (I think that, if you get her excited about an idea, she would go to the end of the world to make it happen, and in that way we're very similar ^^) It would make two star-eyed derps happily strolling in the streets of us *U*

PS: sorry for hogging the art thread the last days with crappy emotional fan art, it's just my way of coping with the fact that once I start in my new job, I won't be able to get in the forum, read your great entries, have a nice discussion or draw fan art whenever I want, which makes me really sad, 'cause I've really grown to love this forum and the fantastic, crazy, adorable people that roams around *sniffle* who said the internet can't trigger real feelings?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:07:06 PM by Antillanka »
Iguana with issues

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4699 on: June 28, 2015, 11:27:53 PM »
No I'm not late to self-insert weekend
Here's my badly photographed contribution:

That's Emil falling on his face on the left.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
« Reply #4700 on: June 28, 2015, 11:38:47 PM »
No I'm not late to self-insert weekend
Here's my badly photographed contribution:

That's Emil falling on his face on the left.

Haha, poor Emil! ...did he trip just because he's so clumsy or because of the jealousy he suffered when he saw you hanging out with Reynir instead of him?
Iguana with issues

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4701 on: June 28, 2015, 11:42:12 PM »
Wow you guys these are awesome. I'd really like to join but travel and stuff are preventing me from getting to sit down and art. Maybe I'll do one later if no one minds late submissions.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:52:32 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4702 on: June 28, 2015, 11:50:35 PM »
Haha, poor Emil! ...did he trip just because he's so clumsy or because of the jealousy he suffered when he saw you hanging out with Reynir instead of him?

Well... some of both ::)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #4703 on: June 29, 2015, 12:18:53 AM »
Heeyy, just wanted to give you guys a heads-up: imma go to sleep now, I kinda stayed up so late that now it's actually early, but when I have time later today(probably in the evening) I'll post a tutorialish thingy, or actually it's more of a walkthrough(maybe those two are the same thing, I don't even know), on how to colour the hair of this:

OR if I feel like it, I may do the tutorial using one or both of these two instead:

Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

videovance

« Reply #4704 on: June 29, 2015, 12:41:15 AM »
Heeyy, just wanted to give you guys a heads-up: imma go to sleep now, I kinda stayed up so late that now it's actually early, but when I have time later today(probably in the evening) I'll post a tutorialish thingy, or actually it's more of a walkthrough(maybe those two are the same thing, I don't even know), on how to colour the hair of this:

OR if I feel like it, I may do the tutorial using one or both of these two instead:

Good night! I hope you sleep well!

And aaaawwwww yesssss I would love to see your hair-colouring tutorial! That's always been the place I have the most trouble with ;A; and yours is always so beautiful!!
Those lines are so neat wowowowow :O do you have any tips on how to do that?

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4705 on: June 29, 2015, 01:56:08 AM »
ahhhh your self-insert drawings are super lovely!!!

PS: sorry for hogging the art thread the last days with crappy emotional fan art, it's just my way of coping with the fact that once I start in my new job, I won't be able to get in the forum, read your great entries, have a nice discussion or draw fan art whenever I want, which makes me really sad, 'cause I've really grown to love this forum and the fantastic, crazy, adorable people that roams around *sniffle* who said the internet can't trigger real feelings?
nooo, don't be sorry! Maybe I'm just saying this because I've hogged the thread quite a few times, too... you only control what you post, not others, so if you're the only one to post at times there's nothing wrong with that. and we love what you're drawing, and It'll be really sad to see a decrease of your art... please cope as much as you can while you can!

Sumeri: oh goshhh. I love how you draw the hair falling over the shoulder so much it's. wow. I love hair

you'll know where to find me.

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #4706 on: June 29, 2015, 02:38:34 AM »
Yes, I was so high on adrenaline last night because it's actually working! Oh, and I'll be buying a head and wig, and attempting to style the wig. It'll be an adventure, with that adorable "hair dollop" she's got in the front that I have no idea how to recreate...T_T

Is your doll a standard 1/12th size?

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #4707 on: June 29, 2015, 02:47:43 AM »

I made some fan art of my favorite chapter. I may color it later.

Epic!

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4708 on: June 29, 2015, 09:37:33 AM »
*throws compliments to the people who posted since I last checked the thread*

Yaaay! Nice job, everyone! ;D

We should have a "there's too much new stuff on the art thread, but I want everyone to know that I like what I see" reaction image.

Antillanka: Feel free to throw your art around as much as you like!! We are going to miss you! You will still be able to log in at least once a day, right?  :(
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4709 on: June 29, 2015, 09:47:54 AM »
We should have a "there's too much new stuff on the art thread, but I want everyone to know that I like what I see" reaction image.
I tend to default this one:
you'll know where to find me.