Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483927 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4560 on: June 25, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »
Piney: I lovelovelove this. Reynir is my favorite. The poses are so perfect, and the legs! (I have a hard time drawing legs, and you managed to capture the movement and placement and everything).

Reynir's my favorite too! I referenced the first two poses from photos, so that really helped with the legs. A major reason I drew this might've been to see the crew in tight baseball pants

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4561 on: June 25, 2015, 11:35:39 PM »
Emil with an undercut????? aw yES

Wow, that really fits him O_O I was not expecting that.

some colored drawings from my sketch book.

why do i love this so much?
These look great! I like the flowing feeling of the hair :D

*throws heart shapes in the general direction of videovance and frenci*

and this
this is Solovei's fault
I'm up past midnight to sketch a mad max: fury road crossover
and I can't even regret it too much

to quote Solo:

"IMPERATOR SIGRUN!"

"Wargirl/Mechanic Tuuri!"

"Mikkel Rockatansky!"

"And and and.... Emil and Reynir and Lalli can be the wives... 8)"

just don't think too hard about the plot. or how they kept their hair. they just did okay

I have yet to draw the cat-tank as the war rig, but heyyy what about Taru and Ása as warrior biker grandmas

I'd love to draw fullbody drawings and more scenes from the movie and maybe a non-sketch thing but that will have to wait for another day. Right now it's sleep time, good night everyone
I watched the movie last week (why do movies premiere like two months later in the Japanese cinema??) and I love this AU!! :D Especially the boys as the wives XD

agian few colour palettes but onyl with prologue characters this time!

Aino and Saku, and the little unborn baby~ he was dying again, and lied on her for comfort when the baby came to help, I think it would be really cute~

again an Aksel and Sigrun, i guess you all love them the most from the prologue? I get them a lot already xD

and the last was about a pregnant (prologue) Sigrun, but I thought to add Aksel and made it kind of funny.

and no more requests left in the inbox
Ahhh, so much cute in one place >.<

Hello hello everyone I have appeared with offerings of my art, post-awkward style shift? It's Sigrun no surprise, but yes yes have some art it has been a while since I posted anything here

Main difference between me and Haiz: I love drawing the snk belts and I have them memorized due to making them all for cosplay myself, ahahahahahaha

I could have drawn somebody else but Sigrun. Sigrun. Sigru n was calling me
Whoa, all that hair OwO I can't get over how gorgeous your Sigrun is!!

The last page gave me maaaany Emil feels and suddenly, this was produced... He will be a wonderful parent once he matures a bit... large bit, but the sweet caring heart is there already <3 .
This is adorable <3<3<3 Emil would be such a great dad ;w;

I went to a baseball game yesterday, and... SSSS baseball AU happened.
(I'll ink these and do the rest of the crew eventually, but I just really like these and I'm impatient, so)

The dynamic in the poses is really good! :D I can't get enough of all these wonderful AUs people are making ;D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4562 on: June 26, 2015, 12:12:47 AM »
i need to go to sleep or the art will take over
hello sleep

ohai bluehair lalli
haven't seen you in a while

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #4563 on: June 26, 2015, 12:15:20 AM »

Yesssssssss undercuts for everyone. See, I told you he'd look good. (who am I kidding, Emil could look good with ANY hairstyle basically)

*throws heart shapes in the general direction of videovance and frenci*

and this
this is Solovei's fault
I REGRET NOTHING
this is what happens when you watch a movie 4 times in less than a month
and spend far too long on tumblr/AO3...

so like
should i find a way to watch this movie
there looks like a lot of hype

also tuuri are u ok
There is a torrent floating out there somewhere, but it's in super-duper HD so I don't know how you feel about downloading a 4GB file.

Solovei please PM me your address and I will send you a thank you card! Haiz I'm considering sending you one too because
... are you actually asking me or is this just more OMG AWESOME AU because I love getting mail oh my gosh but if it's for real, I will absolutely send you my weirdly formatted Canadian address!

The last page gave me maaaany Emil feels and suddenly, this was produced... He will be a wonderful parent once he matures a bit... large bit, but the sweet caring heart is there already <3 .

... I didn't know how much I needed SSSS-characters-as-parents until now O_O
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4564 on: June 26, 2015, 12:16:36 AM »
"And and and.... Emil and Reynir and Lalli can be the wives... 8)"

I.... I can't... I can't agree with this! I mean, I love it but... I already had Emil pictured as Doof Warrior! D:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #4565 on: June 26, 2015, 12:23:39 AM »
I.... I can't... I can't agree with this! I mean, I love it but... I already had Emil pictured as Doof Warrior! D:
I think Olsen would make a better Doof Warrior, to be honest.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4566 on: June 26, 2015, 12:41:54 AM »
Y'ALL ARE KILLING ME WITH THESE AUS

Everyone needs Emil with an undercut.

Hello hello everyone I have appeared with offerings of my art, post-awkward style shift? It's Sigrun no surprise, but yes yes have some art it has been a while since I posted anything here

Main difference between me and Haiz: I love drawing the snk belts and I have them memorized due to making them all for cosplay myself, ahahahahahaha

I love how you draw her hair!

native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4567 on: June 26, 2015, 02:15:22 AM »
kjsdjksd thread grew two pages while I slept and suddenly wonderful art?? special shoutout to Curry for the shingeki sgru (THANK YOU i have been freed, and congrats on being anime trash enough for the straps what the heck), but I also really like the baseball au (I DON'T EVEN LIKE SPORTS BUT GoSH DANG DO I LOVE AU'S) and and ponytail sigrun? there was a ponytail sigrun i like ponytail sigrun

Haiz those crossover drawings are awesome, my favourite are the biker grannies :)
Is doing Mad Max crossovers a thing? Because this isn't the first time I've seen it (first time with SSSS though) I should probably go see the movie?
I LOVE THE BIKER GRANNIES IF YOU LOVE BIKER GRANNIES TOO PLEASE WATCH THE MOVIE
as for crossovers, well, crossovers with everything is a thing? I haven't really seen a lot of Mad Max crossovers as of yet, sooo.... shrugs.
(I've also promised to draw something from the Pacific Rim crossover that was initially my idea but that SectoBoss is writing a fic for. I'm no good at drawing giant mechas but I'm gonna do it anyway)

and WOW GOSH thank you for all your comments!!! I'm surprised how many of you like it despite not having seen the movie? Also Solovei is responsible for the idea behind it. I usually come up with AUs for about anything (at seashanty concert: "hey. hey multi. listen. shanty choir au."), but I always appreciate people sneaking into my inbox with AU ideas, y'know?

oh oh oh do you wanna see what reference pictures I used!!! I'm not gonna wait for an answer
Spoiler: show

- sketches were drawn exclusively to this soundtrack btw

aand I just used various pictures I found in my SSSS folder

MIKKEL:

SIGRUN:

TUURI:

EMIL & REYNIR:
I didn't use any references from the comic because I only needed the pose and clothes

I couldn't find ANY pictures of the pose I wanted to use for Lalli so I improvised it ok

aaaaaaand biker gang ladies:

SO YEAH the whole thing was just a lot of merging reference pictures really. but it's fun
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:31:11 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

ButterflyWings

• Retired Moderator
  • Scout
« Reply #4568 on: June 26, 2015, 02:58:13 AM »
Links would be amazing :)

I wish I had the time to scroll through 300+ pages of art...
Speaks some: Finnish, English, Old English, Russian, Dutch, Ancient Greek, Latin, Arabic, German, French, Spanish

W̕e ̀l̵i͠e o̡n bu͏t̡te͘r͞f͟ly҉ ͞win͏gs̸ ìn͝ ̶th́is g͟oss̸ame̵re͡d d̀ecay,͞ ͢st҉ŗi̵n̶g͝s͘ ͝t҉o ͜needles ͠pi͏ęr̨ci̡ng̨ th̀e fles͝h́
Yo̷ù ̨make͘ m͘e ͢st͞r҉i̸p ̨dowń t̷o͘ t͡h̛e͢ bone,͘ t̴h̴en s͟t̕ùm͠ble͘ i̧n my͢ ̕foot́s̡tep̷s ̸seek̨ing ́a̡bs͏o͞lut̛i͠on

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4569 on: June 26, 2015, 04:33:30 AM »

This amount of cuteness before even the first cup of coffee - hellllpp...

First of all this crossover is amazing and yes. Secondly a huge kudos for drawing all those belt thingies because they're the bane of my existence and the reason I don't really attempt SNK fanart. And lastly I really, really understand the feeling when you just have to... Sigrun.

Oh yes, agreeing with everything and look, the hair sparkles run in the family! Best headcanon A+++ wildly accepted!

I'd watch this game. I'd pay any ticket price and I don't even know how baseball works or whether I'd like the game itself (shhhhhh we only get Finnish baseball in Finland and that's... not actually baseball). Looking forward to seeing the rest of the crew but somehow I'm extra curious to see what Lalli would be doing. :D

Yes to little Sigrun having a ponytail. So much yes. The highlights you added to the second image look good! Plus blue-haired Lalli is one of my weaknesses and I think it might be your fault.

... are you actually asking me or is this just more OMG AWESOME AU because I love getting mail oh my gosh but if it's for real, I will absolutely send you my weirdly formatted Canadian address!

I am in fact actually asking because I love sending people postcards, so rest assured that if I'm threatening someone with one I'm already selecting which card to send them as well! :D

I... have a huge stash of postcards.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4570 on: June 26, 2015, 04:36:42 AM »

Are you kidding me *dies on the spot*

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4571 on: June 26, 2015, 05:19:42 AM »
I am in fact actually asking because I love sending people postcards, so rest assured that if I'm threatening someone with one I'm already selecting which card to send them as well! :D

I... have a huge stash of postcards.

I WANT ONE i think you were threatening me already
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4572 on: June 26, 2015, 05:55:51 AM »
I WANT ONE i think you were threatening me already

Oh yes, you've been threatened multiple times I think. You, Fimby and possibly ruth (not sure of ruth but I've a weird feeling I might have, in chat or otherwise), would not mind sending you guys all postcards - but here's the thing, I also understand a bit too well why not everyone wants to tell info such as their address to random people online. That's why I feel super awkward even suggesting it so just so you know, I won't get my feelings hurt if I'm turned down. At the same time PMing me your address will result in a postcard from Iceland.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #4573 on: June 26, 2015, 08:03:20 AM »
More Austin AU!!!

Poor Reynir. Think he's going to get the hint anytime soon?

Tuuri and Lalli doing their tourist thing. (Somebody did it on the bridge over Lamar as well, and I had this immediate mental image of Tuuri climbing up there to try and get a picture, but then it was cleaned off, so...)

More to follow!
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #4574 on: June 26, 2015, 08:42:55 AM »
this is Solovei's fault
!!!!!!! !!!! !!

!!! !!!! !! nice lighting!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my heart
More Austin AU!!!
More to follow!
YESSSSS

I was about to draw something really derpy in my old sketch book, but I found these monstrosities and thought they needed to see the light of day.

1   2   3

1. A flower Lalli in the wind it was next to this: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=35.msg21
2. THESE?? What the HAY?? I'm not sure what is more terrifying, the drawing itself, or the fact that my phone recognised them as human faces
3. Not even Onni was spared, here we have a regular Onni, and cAT dEMOn frOM HELL OnnI

And finally the worst....oh man... I think it was a "How Will We Meet Braidy?" idea that Solo had something to do with... I remember Solo was there, I might have been sick/delirious, but no other recollections?? Was I possessed??! O___O
Sorry the picture quality is bad ;-; I might scan it later

Argh man, you can see the sickness pulling me further into insanity as the panels go on....why XD
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:46:19 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16: